The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 25, 2018, 12:15:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stars Await - OOC  (Read 19458 times)
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2012, 09:07:48 am »

would be a bit embarrassing what with Wallace being a nearly 30 year old pirate who's lived his entire life on ships living the rough life, as is I sent her off with a sixteen year old micah who she can beat all she wants.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2012, 03:55:31 pm »

I assumed Jemima was taken away by a German. It  didn't actually cross my mind that it might be you (Bailey was a bit unclear).

Wallace was the only character on the opposing side actually mentioned as holding a gun previous to my post, so I worked with what was already obviously there. Bailey at that point didn't know Wallace's name, so he couldn't have identified him as much of anything other than the man who was trying to conceal a gun behind his body, or perhaps the pirate or privateer who was doing so. I apologize if that was not clear enough.

Qoting Cpt Wallace
would be a bit embarrassing what with Wallace being a nearly 30 year old pirate who's lived his entire life on ships living the rough life, as is I sent her off with a sixteen year old micah who she can beat all she wants

Sorry about that; I didn't think she'd be such a spitfire... Wink. Let's hope she doesn't try to commandeer the bridge; I'm not sure if the ensign's locker is coed...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:32:32 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »

I had micah just take her to an empty bunk to put her in, she could be anywhere on the ship but most likely in the lower crew sections close to the cargo bays and lower engine compartments
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »

The 120.points is one of a few diffrent inspetions that lou thinks every crew should do.  She is rather over zelous when it comes to repairs tho.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2012, 07:24:27 pm »

Gotta run do some errands and visit the dentist (oh, joy forever  Cry), then going to fess up at Weightwatchers again. Back on around 8:30 or 9:00 PM. I hope...
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2012, 12:22:34 am »

Hey, dentists make the world go round! (The world is made of teeth, right?)

Well I finally finally finally got around to watching Serenity (yes I've already watched Firefly) so I finally get the whole River Tam thing...

By the way, I didn't intend on writing Jemima separately (as in, from her viewpoint) but since the two got split up and Jemima was carried away to be restrained/contained in some manner I figured I would end up having a baggage character if I didn't actively make her do something. I guess it's not a big deal though, I need an excuse to practice writing female characters.

Also,
http://xkcd.com/311/

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2012, 12:50:11 am »

well, I would pay to watch that Wink

Reminds me of a friend who who was behind on watching episodes of Doctor Who, and read something on the internet about the story of last season (this was before we'd seen any of the last season), and came to the conclusion that River (Song) meant 'River from Serenity.' Now that's a crossover I'd love to see.

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2012, 12:56:01 am »

well, I would pay to watch that Wink

Reminds me of a friend who who was behind on watching episodes of Doctor Who, and read something on the internet about the story of last season (this was before we'd seen any of the last season), and came to the conclusion that River (Song) meant 'River from Serenity.' Now that's a crossover I'd love to see.

You do realise this would cause everyone watching to become one with the universe because standard life would have nothing better left for them?
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2012, 01:55:00 am »

Yes Jemima just shot Talon (non-lethally). She's not doing a good job of negotiating.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2012, 02:12:51 am »

eh im pretty sure i did somethin to deserve it at some point. what can i say i play a psychotic asshole because bein the good guy gets boring after a while.

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:03 am »

I was actually planning to introduce an NPC-ish secondary character to act as a doctor in the second chapter... I think I waited too long. Tongue

Oh, and in case anyone didn't know, opium was the base of most painkillers at the time, what Mariah gave Talon was probably something similar to Morphine. (Not sure if they had morphine at that time period though, I'm on a terrible internet connection right now and can't load wikipedia to look it up.)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2012, 05:41:58 am »

Yes Jemima just shot Talon (non-lethally). She's not doing a good job of negotiating.

Hmmm... does that mean they'll fall in love along the way, move to Tokyo and and

*ahem* sorry, been watching anime again...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:29:05 am by MWBailey » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2012, 06:27:57 am »

Then again, we could just keep locking Heinrich in the nearest locker, just for a running gag... Cheesy

Oh, and in case anyone didn't know, opium was the base of most painkillers at the time, what Mariah gave Talon was probably something similar to Morphine. (Not sure if they had morphine at that time period though, I'm on a terrible internet connection right now and can't load wikipedia to look it up.)
[/quote]

If you mean the 1880s, it would most likely have been laudanum, which was opium mixed somewhat thickly with beverage alcohol. very potent, hallucinogenic stuff...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:34:54 am by MWBailey » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2012, 07:32:17 am »

I was going to throw Jemima in as an impromptu doctor. She wouldn't be able to do much but administer painkillers and do basic stitches but it would be better than no doctor. A proper doctor later on wouldn't do us any harm though (quite the opposite, I'd hope)
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2012, 06:42:24 pm »

opium mixed somewhat thickly with beverage alcohol. very potent, hallucinogenic stuff...

me on a hallucinogenic......
hooo boy this cant be good....
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »

opium mixed somewhat thickly with beverage alcohol. very potent, hallucinogenic stuff...

me on a hallucinogenic......
hooo boy this cant be good....

Looked like it turned out pretty entertainingly...

*Automatic Course corrector: basically, a mechanically-based and operated equivalent of our RL Autopilot systems. I figured it's unlikely that there would be an actual autopilot of more than rudimentary sophistication; most likely just a quicksilver balance operating off of the mass and artificial gravity of teh ship, working in synch with a clockwork or electrically-driven "Galactic Center" or "Solar Center" 3D compass device to keep the ship headed in more or less the right direction. Not much use in close to planetside (dirtside?), where tiny errors cause big gravity-well problems, but invaluable on the long haul.

Besides, Bailey needs a little time to oversee getting the body (ies?) out of teh bridge/cockpit area.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2012, 01:15:56 pm »

I have an idea...

So that we don't end up with the whole 'army of NPC's' thing a lot of other RP's run into I'd be happy to NPC a proper doctor for a short while (who Jemima can learn to properly practice medicine from), then kill him off. It's ok, I won't make him lovable enough to be missed Tongue
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2012, 06:22:15 pm »

EDIT: Nevermind, I've thought about it and Corsair's idea would most likely work out better.

---

Oh, and sorry if it seemed like I'm ignoring you in-game Corsair, Mariah's trying to concentrate on dealing with whatever's most immediately hazardous, and I'm trying to take care of loose ends so we can get on to the next episode...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:31:07 am by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2012, 01:07:01 am »

I'm not assuming you are, I think it would make sense that you communicate exactly how much is necessary, no more no less, then move on to the next thing.
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:31 am »

Sorry I'll be away till monday at best will hopefully pick up from there

If you need to use wallace he'd follow along and calm the crew down most of them will listen to him he's been part of the ship for more than most still left onboard f his as John Silver in regards to crew relations and you wont go far wrong
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2012, 06:20:44 pm »

New episode! I'll do a timejump to landing in just a little bit, (or Bailey can, if he wants) in case anyone has anything else to post in the current in-game timeframe.

Bailey, if you're good with it I'd like to have your character be second in command.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2012, 03:03:50 am »

That's fine by me, Cap'n.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2012, 11:30:52 am »

Who's going to stick around to meet and greet the doctor NPC? As convenient as it would be to have Jemima stay back it seems unlikely the captain would entrust someone brand new with such a task.

Also, who owns the moon? I'm guessing Britain but if I'm wrong I'll go back and edit my post.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:33:55 am by The Corsair » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2012, 02:33:37 pm »

Well...

Since Bailey's second-in-command, and the Cap'n is going 'dirtside', I'd actually expected that he'd be asked/required to stay behind and watch the ship 'til the Cap'n returned or some such. Not sure if Heinrich can be trusted yet under those circumstances (I had thought he'd stick around and become part of the regular crew, though). I had not actually thought about when the new doc would show up, but if he stayed behind, Bailey would have to deal with prospective passengers. What would SOP be for Bailey to deal with people who are looking to book passage somewhere?
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »

All I can imagine is Kaylee picking up passengers in that pilot that wasn't the pilot, so if it's pure originality you're looking for I can't help much. If you don't mind the obvious rip-off then I guess a similar sort of thing would be a good way to go. Maybe you do a sort of 'assemble a tourgroup' followed by a 'so who wants to stay?' thing. Who buys without first seeing the goods?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: