The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 12:09:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brewers' Guild  (Read 22631 times)
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2017, 01:07:58 pm »

Want to make a couple of comments. In order to avoid mistakes, injuries and nervous shock Smiley

1) in any case, this photo is not of my creation. I want to put but a little later. They look not so nice.

2) I'm not a real cook. And for me, the preparation of such salted, that field for self-expression, creativity and relentless experimentation with cooking. Smiley

So. General principles of salting:

To use some stainless dishes. I take a wide but low enamelled crockery that would brisket  lay there in 1 or 2 layers maximum. Taking into account that the thickness of a piece 5-10 cm is Possible tolshe, but then salting longer. Other parameters of the piece - how easy to cook, that would be in the dishes climbed. I got a 10x20 cm, But if tolshe

On 1 kg of the original product need 4 tablespoons of salt. Preferably coarsely ground.

Spices to taste, and ingenuity (the Foundation of spice - black pepper). Garlic, too.

To suppress a piece of garlic. Part of the garlic I chop into pieces. Now it looks better.

Salt, spices and garlic to mix. grate this mixture pieces of brisket.

You can lard brisket  garlic.

On the bottom of the dish sprinkle a little salt. And tightly stack the pieces. Between them you can put Bay leaves or black pepper.

If several layers are put - piling of fat produced by the rule: fat to fat, skin to skin.

The rest of the salt, to sprinkle on top.

Top cover lid.

At night, leave at room temperature. And then in the refrigerator (not the freezer), 5-7 days (with stock).

Salt extracts the portion contained in the meat water and forms a brine. This is normal. After cooking pour out.

The finished product is stored in the refrigerator.

Before drinking extra salt to clean off with a knife. And cut into small pieces.

And God help us.

Actually, it's all done quite simply and quickly. I have to prepare 1-2 of brisket to go somewhere for half an hour, 40 minutes. The longest - cleaning garlic.

Below are a few illustrations of how it looks

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S. You can do the same as the picture in the previous post. But they need not take the breast, that's pure fat, with a minimum of meat. Then there will be brine. And I will be such beautiful white bars covered with spices

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Synistor 303
Gunner
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #301 on: October 08, 2017, 06:56:27 am »

Thank you so much for that! The pictures are particularly helpful - especially in the translation of 'brisket', which is not a term used in Australia. That looks like pork belly in your pictures. I have a good spice blend of paprika, salt, black pepper and garlic that I use for prosciutto which should work very well for this recipe. I'll give it a shot. (which will probably translate into Russian as "I will shoot a gun at it." ha ha ha...) I will also look on Len Poli's web site to see if he has a similar recipe there. Well worth a look if you like to make your own sausages or salami or any other similar product.

Thanks!
Synistor 303
Gunner
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2017, 07:11:30 am »

A bit more research has shown it is pork BACK fat, not belly. Lardo (Italian) or Salo (Ukrainian).
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2017, 01:25:33 pm »

Again a question of terminology and translation Smiley.

It was better to give a link to this article - Salo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salo_(food)

Salo is a common Eastern European word.

Probably the problem is that there is no classification of the different types and varieties. No matter how prepared (and there are several methods of salting), no matter what part of the pig did not take ( the main thing that was a layer of fat) - still Salo.

And Yes, I also want to advise. Keep ready Salo in the freezer. And try to eat here for such a cold piece of  Salo.

Well, there is a lot of salt and fat. You know how bad that is Wink
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:26 am »

Bad news for wine lovers in America. California's Napa Valley and other areas which are the centre for wine producers are being destroyed by wildfires. California's dry weather combined with a warm autumn and hight winds is spelling disaster for the region.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41559875

Synistor 303
Gunner
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2017, 07:14:58 am »

They have our sympathy - we have had the same problem here in Australia. To add to the disaster of burned vines, after the fires, any vines/grapes that survived were then tainted with smoke. It really destroyed two vintages. The ash in the soil had to leach out for a year before the next vintage was any good for wine.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #306 on: October 11, 2017, 05:55:27 pm »

They have our sympathy - we have had the same problem here in Australia. To add to the disaster of burned vines, after the fires, any vines/grapes that survived were then tainted with smoke. It really destroyed two vintages. The ash in the soil had to leach out for a year before the next vintage was any good for wine.

I don't drink American wine that often, as I have a predilection for Spanish wine and bubbly and if I'm in a sweet tooth mood, German wine, but American wine can be very good. They go by grape type rather than region (obviously since all vines were imported) , thus they can produce very interesting varieties and blends as well. It's a shame to see all that hard work go in flames. The Napa and Sonoma areas are beautiful - all of Northern California is.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: