The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 07:58:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a question about heat sources and thermal transfers  (Read 711 times)
hardlec
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Solutions do not need Problems

« on: May 04, 2012, 03:45:29 pm »

I have a heat gun and a toaster oven dedicated to building/sculpy, not to be used for food.

I am wanting to do thermal transfers on to metal. 
I also what to heat-set fabric paint.

I could get a laminator to transfer on to metal, but that process is getting very arcane: print from my ink jet to make a page to photocopy to transfer to a specialty paper to make the resist I will thermally transfer to my metal.  Gadzooks! I've made three sheets to transfer one to the metal. 

Should I get some sort of iron, like a flat iron, a laminator or something else?

I want to have some type of thermometer to do my work consistently and not waste media.

Thanks.

Whatever happens we have got
The Maxim gun and they have not;
Technology is no substitute for Valor
Both are true.
Jumjum
Deck Hand
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 03:23:34 pm »

"Google is your friend" and don't forget to search wikipedia, just ad "How To" to your search.
The best and fastest way to measure temperature is a Laser-thermometer also known as Infrared Thermometer, just shoot at something and you get the temperature of your coffee cup Smiley. Price?? pretty cheap if you gonna use it allot (50-150$ new)

I love the overworked brass screws and things like that on old technical instruments, it´s has no function beside to be beautifully!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: