The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 08:43:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do-it-yourself pressure gauges  (Read 16503 times)
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 06:23:32 am »

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 12:40:43 pm »

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.
This thread has afforded me pleasure, instruction and information and I hope to use this garnered wisdom for improving my temporal displacement devise.
I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 04:58:07 pm »

Might it be possible to animate these somehow? Some switch or trigger or magnet or...? that would make the needle move when and how you want it to?

Absolutely brilliant work, Mr. West!

On an aside, since it's been awhile since I've read Lovecraft, would you be so kind as to refresh my memory as to the "Gillman" reference? (I can't see that name and not think of the Creature from the Black Lagoon...) Or is the name something you came up with?
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 10:57:11 am »

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.
This thread has afforded me pleasure, instruction and information and I hope to use this garnered wisdom for improving my temporal displacement devise.
I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Of course madam. Please be kind enough to share your creations with us later?

Might it be possible to animate these somehow? Some switch or trigger or magnet or...? that would make the needle move when and how you want it to?

Absolutely brilliant work, Mr. West!

Perhaps attaching the printed clear disk needle to a thicker clear piece. Plexiglas perhaps? and attaching it to a swivelling hub?

On an aside, since it's been awhile since I've read Lovecraft, would you be so kind as to refresh my memory as to the "Gillman" reference? (I can't see that name and not think of the Creature from the Black Lagoon...) Or is the name something you came up with?

Well I'm a bit embarrassed to discover I've spelt the name wrong. It should be "Gilman". I should go back and redo these.

Anyway, its the name of an inn in the town of Innsmouth, and also the last name of the hero in "The Dreams in the Witch House".
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:01:33 am by Herbert West » Logged
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »

(It's the correct spelling in your alternate timeline...)
Rory B Esq BSc
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 08:30:32 pm »

In the UK 'the works' occasionally has trays of 12 jars like that (about 3/4 inch diameter), that would do the job for the glass.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: