The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 01:59:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)  (Read 158255 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #2100 on: September 17, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »

Is it showing now?

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2101 on: September 17, 2017, 08:26:55 pm »

Is it showing now?
Good portrait! Went to white spats? I think I like that colour combination better. Is the waistcoat beige? I can't distinguish the colours in my phone. Not that the toy soldier yellow was bad, but somehow these colours don't clash so much

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2102 on: September 17, 2017, 10:08:45 pm »

Is it showing now?

Very nice - I really like the detail of the chains and the copper armbands.

Yours,
Miranda.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2103 on: September 18, 2017, 11:32:17 am »

Is it showing now?
Good portrait! Went to white spats? I think I like that colour combination better. Is the waistcoat beige? I can't distinguish the colours in my phone. Not that the toy soldier yellow was bad, but somehow these colours don't clash so much

i now have both white and yellow spats. this waistcoat is silver/grey.
both this one and the TS one use the same coat, with for the TS one a pinned on name tag and less chains. the shoulder pieces can be swapped. for this one i used even copper ones, for the TS one i have engraved brass bits.
besides the coat, i decided to make two different outfits out of them, i can't wear that bandana for more than a day without getting hurt from having my nose pressed on all the time. (though the hat i used for that outfit doesn't hurt so i'd say they're evenly uncomfortable.)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2104 on: September 26, 2017, 09:36:03 pm »

more pictures?
yes.
sorry for hogging up this thread
an edit:

picture from elfia:

Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #2105 on: September 27, 2017, 11:39:11 pm »

more pictures?
yes.
an edit:

picture from elfia:

Don't apologise. Your outfits look magnificent, and thoroughly makes me regret not introducing myself at asylum.

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #2106 on: September 28, 2017, 04:29:10 am »

October is upon us. And besides Halloween, here in Austin we'll have Oktoberfest and an event on Saturday downtown. And I'd that was not enough the LGBQT parade that was postponed due to the hurricane is happening on Saturday night. Though I've never attended or seen up close a pride parade. I'm pondering takin the uniform for a spin this Saturday... At the shop where I work now, I close early at 1pm, and I'm fairly close to downtown...  Hmmm. How brave am I?
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2107 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:21 pm »

more pictures?
yes.
an edit:

picture from elfia:

For the top picture, the sepia tone makes it difficult to see the border between the mask and your face; quite disconcerting... I like it!

October is upon us. And besides Halloween, here in Austin we'll have Oktoberfest and an event on Saturday downtown. And I'd that was not enough the LGBQT parade that was postponed due to the hurricane is happening on Saturday night. Though I've never attended or seen up close a pride parade. I'm pondering takin the uniform for a spin this Saturday... At the shop where I work now, I close early at 1pm, and I'm fairly close to downtown...  Hmmm. How brave am I?

Given the fusion of elements in your uniform I'd say the combination of Oktoberfest and pride is absolutely perfect for it.

Yours,
Miranda.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2108 on: October 01, 2017, 04:11:24 pm »

dad just send me this picture Cheesy no bandana, no coat, now you can actually see most of the stuff that's hidden under the jacket. and a bagpipe i got to make noise on.

October is upon us. And besides Halloween, here in Austin we'll have Oktoberfest and an event on Saturday downtown. And I'd that was not enough the LGBQT parade that was postponed due to the hurricane is happening on Saturday night. Though I've never attended or seen up close a pride parade. I'm pondering takin the uniform for a spin this Saturday... At the shop where I work now, I close early at 1pm, and I'm fairly close to downtown...  Hmmm. How brave am I?
i think you should! do it!

J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #2109 on: October 01, 2017, 08:36:25 pm »

dad just send me this picture Cheesy no bandana, no coat, now you can actually see most of the stuff that's hidden under the jacket. and a bagpipe i got to make noise on.

i think you should! do it!

You remind me of a fellow who likes to play the bagpipe around this time of year on a large grassfield besides our local super

Sadly I didn't get to go downtown yesterday. I even brought the the uniform to my shop; I had the uniform all packed up in my backpack.  Undecided 
Lepidoptera
Gunner

« Reply #2110 on: October 03, 2017, 03:33:25 am »

Bagpipes are great! Around here we have the Unipiper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrS9QKWqd9s
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2111 on: November 01, 2017, 07:01:26 pm »

Some piccys from last weekend's Whitby.

Firstly, a very windswept yours truly:

And a couple of pictures of a far more elegant and composed Cora and her husband:

It was, as always, a lovely weekend (made even lovelier by being able to meet up with Cora and her husband) but boy, was it blowy! We were nearly pushed off our feet walking down the 199 steps on Saturday, and Sunday was even worse. Oh well, at least Whitby is replete with many excellent tea rooms in which to hide from the elements...

Yours,
Miranda.
annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #2112 on: November 01, 2017, 09:42:51 pm »

And a couple of pictures of a far more elegant and composed Cora and her husband:

It was, as always, a lovely weekend (made even lovelier by being able to meet up with Cora and her husband) but boy, was it blowy! We were nearly pushed off our feet walking down the 199 steps on Saturday, and Sunday was even worse. Oh well, at least Whitby is replete with many excellent tea rooms in which to hide from the elements...

Yours,
Miranda.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Everyone looks fantastic--and so fancy! This includes you, of course; you can claim your windswept look is from skydiving out of a dirigible or chasing after a mad scientist with stolen invention plans. It only makes you look like you've been having some great adventures! I imagine it must be amazingly fun to meet up with someone from Brass Goggles in real life. It certainly seems like you had a wonderful weekend!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:45:54 pm by annevpreussen » Logged

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2113 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:11 am »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Everyone looks fantastic--and so fancy! This includes you, of course; you can claim your windswept look is from skydiving out of a dirigible or chasing after a mad scientist with stolen invention plans. It only makes you look like you've been having some great adventures! I imagine it must be amazingly fun to meet up with someone from Brass Goggles in real life. It certainly seems like you had a wonderful weekend!

Thnak you! Skydiving from a diriginble sounds like fun - I did have the idea that one could use wide skirts as a parachute and make the bustle a helium bag to give a bit more lift  Cheesy

Yours,
Miranda.
Mr.Fancypants
Deck Hand

« Reply #2114 on: November 03, 2017, 02:39:26 am »

Got this together for a Halloween party
http://

Not quite sure what type of character I should be though, suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:42:45 am by Mr.Fancypants » Logged
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2115 on: November 03, 2017, 12:10:04 pm »

Yours,
Miranda.

Thank you so much for posting the piccies,  you really did not look windswept but stylish and elegant as always, (whereas five minutes after you'd taken the first photo my skirt decided to become a dirigible and attempt to take off!).  It was great to meet up with you and the family - Miranda and her family are all charming - and we both hope to see you again next year at, well, any event we all happen to be at.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2116 on: November 03, 2017, 02:44:23 pm »

I'm afraid the picture doesn't show
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #2117 on: November 03, 2017, 07:58:46 pm »

I'm afraid the picture doesn't show

Indeed. Photobucket no longer allows embedding like that unless you pay them $$
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2118 on: November 03, 2017, 10:17:40 pm »

Thank you so much for posting the piccies,  you really did not look windswept but stylish and elegant as always, (whereas five minutes after you'd taken the first photo my skirt decided to become a dirigible and attempt to take off!).  It was great to meet up with you and the family - Miranda and her family are all charming - and we both hope to see you again next year at, well, any event we all happen to be at.

It was lovely to have the chance to sit and chat for a while; I do hope it will be much less than a year before we get the chance to do so again. Unfortunately, we have realised there is a problem with our coming up to the Splendid Day Out in the summer, as it's right in the middle of our eldest's GCSEs  Sad

Yours,
Miranda.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2119 on: November 03, 2017, 10:21:35 pm »

May I suggest Imgur.com? It's free and the links always seem to work with BrassGoggles.

Yours,
Miranda.
Mr.Fancypants
Deck Hand

« Reply #2120 on: November 03, 2017, 10:51:13 pm »

May I suggest Imgur.com? It's free and the links always seem to work with BrassGoggles.

Yours,
Miranda.

Thanks!  The pic was showing when I first put the post up
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:53:11 pm by Mr.Fancypants » Logged
Mr.Fancypants
Deck Hand

« Reply #2121 on: November 03, 2017, 11:06:10 pm »

Trying this again.  Did this get-up for Halloween.   I am not sure of a character type, any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/a/uz8Ob
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:04:18 am by Mr.Fancypants » Logged
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2122 on: November 03, 2017, 11:47:36 pm »

Trying this again.  Did this get-up for Halloween.   I am not sure of a character type, any suggestions?

Steampunkin! https://imgur.com/gallery/tmdAc

The link is working fine, but if you use the second version down ('Direct Link') and put it between the image tags the picture will show up directly on the BG page.

Anyway, it was worth the effort as it's a very nice picture; I particularly like the black and white 'aged' versions. As to the character, I'd suggest the no-nonsense look of the outfit would fit a freelance zombie exterminator, out to cleanse the world of the scourge of the undead (for a suitable fee, of course).

Yours,
Miranda.
Stella Gaslight
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #2123 on: November 11, 2017, 04:50:27 pm »

I ended up jumping to flickr because photobucket is being a bother. 
It was teslacon time last week and I got to go.
Thurs my theme was sewing suplies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And friday started the golden skulls.

Sat saw the skulls multiplying.

And they were at their peak on sat night.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2124 on: November 11, 2017, 05:43:46 pm »

I ended up jumping to flickr because photobucket is being a bother.  
It was teslacon time last week and I got to go.
Thurs my theme was sewing suplies.

And friday started the golden skulls.

Sat saw the skulls multiplying.

And they were at their peak on sat night.

All of those outfits are lovely, but the one for Saturday night is especially fabulous; it really must have been the centre of attention for the evening.

Yours,
Miranda.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: