The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 02:49:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If someone asks 'Why do you wear that?', what do you reply?  (Read 24378 times)
Nic
Deck Hand
Brazil Brazil

« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2017, 05:47:46 am »

I wear a hat to keep the sun from damaging my skin (I look younger than I am, not because of vampirism or witchcraft, but because I wear a hat regularly since my teenage years and regularly apply sunblock as well), and so my nearsighted friends can identify me quickly. It's very easy to recognize me when I'm wearing a hat.

The sunglasses, even indoors, are because I happen to have sensitive eyes. It's manageable now, but, back when it was worse and I wore two pairs of sunglasses at once, it got to the point I'd be in a completely dark room save for a single lit candle (I had to test it!) and it would still be too bright. I'd rather deal with people asking why I'm wearing sunglasses indoors than feel like my eyes are burning from excessive light and deal with people asking why I'm grimacing, or bothered, or angered, or upset.

I use a pocket watch because it doesn't have a breakable wristband like a wristwatch. I have it on me even when I'm wearing a wristwatch because it's something I'm used to carrying around, and old habits aren't easy to break.

And the rest, well... these are the clothes I usually wear, and it would be embarrassing for everyone involved if I decided I'd look better without them.
Matt98
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2017, 07:26:53 am »

I usually say "because I like it" or depending on situation, like "non of your business" Grin
CyanideCandy
Deck Hand
Poland Poland

« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2017, 01:11:22 am »

I ignore such questions. Why do people wear clothes huh? Unless I'm ready to start an extensive conversation with someone on fashion, fashion theory, psychology, semiology, more general cultural studies and sociology, art, design, values, confusions, mind-surgeries... All of these and some more.. The maybe I would answer.. Something.. Outfit and context specific to start with.. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: