The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 09:16:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coker Cycles is bringing back the Wheelman 36" Ordinary!  (Read 5736 times)
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 11:25:18 pm »

Just an update, you can get the single-speed, unicycle-wheeled Wheelman from Coker now for a cool $900:

http://www.cokercycles.com/wheelman-free-wheel/

Impressive unicycles too. They have quite the selection when it comes to choice. Nice to see you Mr P.

Narsil
Immortal
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 12:14:22 am »

I just found a picture of a regular 3 gear hub. Let me see if I got what Narsil is saying:
Instead of the frame holding on to the ends of the axle, it holds on to the sprocket. The ends of the axle will have the cranks and pedals. That leaves the little chain that changes the gears to be placed somewhere else.

No...you just don't have a sprocket and chain, the crank is directly attached to the shaft where the sprocket would normally go. A chain/sprocket drive doesn't reverse the direction it just translates the torque from the pedals back to the rear wheel. In a unicycle or front wheel drive bike the pedals are already on the same axis as the drive axle but not much else changes apart from the way  that the pedals are mounted to their axle.

A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress.
Lord Byron
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: