The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 20, 2018, 03:20:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Norfolk Steampunk Convivial - Wymondham, Saturday May 12  (Read 1827 times)
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 19, 2012, 01:53:51 pm »

On Saturday May 12th, There is to be a Steampunk gathering in the Town of Wymondham.
Whilst the itinerary has yet to be finalised, there are Tea Rooms, the Abbey, a Heritage Museum with a very good exhibition on the old Wymondham Brush Making industry, and of course the Warmington-on-Sea Railway Station.
The function room at The Green Dragon Tavern has been provisionally booked for the Saturday evening.

You can visit the Facebook Event Page for the gathering, HERE

Whilst this Convivial was originally planned as a lead in to the Grand Dinosaur Hunt on Sunday, For logistical reasons, we have decided to treat the two as separate events.
Ambermile
Officer

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:20:53 pm »

Cool - up the road and over the A140... I *should* be able to make it!
Dr Pieter Pietre
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »

To give those interested, but as yet undecided, some idea of how the day might progress, I envisage a timetable more or less as follows.
From 11.00am, gather at my house which is close to the centre of town.
About mid-day, we take a 15 minute stroll down to the the Station, via the Victorian cemetary. The station was opened in 1845, and hs been beautifully preserved. http://www.wymondham-station.c...om/
Following this, another 10 minute stroll to the Heritage Museum. This is housed in the former courthouse and Bridewell Prison. Then when we have finished there, back to the town to look at the Abbey,
Needless to say there are several tea rooms and excellent pubs dotted along the route where we can stop at mutually agreed intervals for refreshment.
I would anticipate that this programme would take until late afternoon. Then after a break, we can gather in the Green Dragon for a meal at (say) 7.30. If there are sufficient numbers, then it may well be possible to arrange some entertainment. People could of course join in at any point.
There will be a small charge to enter the Heritage museum, but apart from your own food and drink, almost certainly no other costs (unless of course I arrange entertainment for the evening).
Nothing is as yet fixed, so all comments and suggestions will be very gratefully received. Hopefully we can evolve this day into something very special for us all, so we are all relaxed and ready to hunt the dinosaurs on Sunday

Purveyor of Amazing Herbal Inhalations. And Bookbinder.
Dr Pieter Pietre
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:46 am »

At this moment (Friday May 4th) there does not seem to be any real interest in the Wymondham convivial. Yes the Dinosaur Hunt is definitely happening, but if you are planning to be here on the dat before (Saturday) can you please let me know ASAP so I can make the appropriate arrangements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: