The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 03:00:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melbourne Steampunkers  (Read 327 times)
MarcusJuliusCroft
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« on: January 05, 2012, 06:18:36 am »

I have just happened across some of the remains of Coles Book Arcade Melbourne, in the museum and am curious to know more about the actual store and pictures and diagrams are welcome.  I along with thousands of others believe that he had the Greatest most Fabulous and Terrific shop in all of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, I only welcome suggestions that are helpful and will deeply be offended if any denials of the Grandeur and Supremacy of this store are made.  I await your responses

I am what I am because I am, an Entrepreneur, Villain, Student and Mastermind
MarcusJuliusCroft
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 06:35:27 am »

Oh and for the thousands of Non-Australian Steampunkers, Coles Book Arcade was the cross between Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium and a one man "Great Exhibition",

"Renowned for its exotic displays and installations, the arcade boasted monkeys, cane chairs for reading, wall-to-wall mirrors, a confectionery department and changing displays and oddities. Children delighted in features like the hen that clucked and laid eggs, which ‘laid’ a tin with a sweet or a toy when a penny was dropped in the slot."

that is only part of what he included
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: