The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 13, 2017, 12:14:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Steampunk Book by Combustion Books  (Read 646 times)
Professor Calamity
Swab

United States United States

« on: January 02, 2012, 06:40:39 pm »

Combustion Books has published a new gritty and dark steampunk book entitled Catastrophone Orchestra.

Venture into New York City’s Lower East Side in the late 19th century with the incorrigible miscreants of the Catastrophone Orchestra. Drug-addled, pugilistic, and benevolent, they run a free clinic and experiment with the music of machines.

The underside of the city is laid bare in this collection. The Orchestra itself provides only the bookends for five seasonals, a distinctly Victorian genre of short fiction that has been given new life in these pages. Street brawls and gangs, mechanical mothers, slaughterhouses and circuses, magicians and orphanages, laborers and strikes, the Catastrophone Orchestra has seen it all.

From the creators of the steampunk manifesto "Colonizing the Past to Dream of the Future". It is there second published work.
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »

I've ALWAYS wanted to see the bare underside of New York City.  Much more to my taste than that of, say, San Francisco?

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 10:15:39 am »

If anyone has an actual copy of this book, could you please tell me the titles of the stories? My information says there should be six, but I'm unable to determine which are the stories and which are the essays.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: