The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 03:16:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread  (Read 43075 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2011, 05:28:39 am »

I was more or less expecting Joe to struggle free, or something else to happen, and i still wasn't sure where he was intending to go; that's why I leave my replies open-ended, to allow for such inconsistencies (and to let the other player have the choice of what actually happens, should they decide to take that choice). Easy enough to edit Joe out of Rourke's escape, however.

Note: I'm usually typing one-eyed at this time of night, so I might leave some horrendous typos without realizing it (patch therapy), though I do apply spill chuck ass often ass poseable. (OK, OK, that was deliberate Cheesy).

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2011, 06:27:58 am »

Again pardon the double post, but what do you all want to do? Start a new adventure in a new thread, or keep going in this one?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2011, 06:32:36 am »

lets let this one go one more day to tie up loose ends(like a tender seen) then on to the next.  Got any plans for it?

Some of the medical stuff is real but I think Starling is going to  make a vast leap in med tech.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:35:41 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2011, 06:58:36 am »

I'm happy to leave out the paperwork part of my character's job (equipment testing reports and the like) and can fix the wings behind the scenes as it were. As far as I'm concerned, I'm basically done.

I think we should start a new thread for our second adventure (in keeping with the short RP idea) possibly in the new year. If you go ahead with it immediately then I won't be able to play as I'm largely out of an Internet connection as of Friday until we reach early January (which is also when I'll set up my own short game)

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2011, 07:11:06 am »

Are we going to have some time pass in the game world between games? Because that will give Starling a chance to make smalls cure and generally be ready yo go in another adventure.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2011, 07:15:33 am »

I'd say some passage of time would be appropriate. the new thread'll give a chance to come up with a new title, something like "The Log of the Marigold: I Want My Mummy..."  No, don't shoot me, it's just an example...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2011, 07:19:30 am »

but I think that is awesome.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2011, 07:25:53 am »

Really? Hmmm...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2011, 07:27:28 am »

yup it reminds me of b movies and mystery science theater 3000.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2011, 07:50:34 am »

There you go, an opportunity to decide how much time would need to pass for a 'cure' to exist by the next game.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:40 am »

Thanks It is fun showing her liking science as much as daring do.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2011, 10:05:05 am »

Yes, some time between adventures is appreciated, like 3-6 months in-time.
We can start The Marigold Crew and The Temple of Almost Certain Doom (with mummies!)[TM] whenever you're ready.
Private Weasel and I may write another little "adventure" of our own (a really short one), to keep the sappy romance where it belongs, away from the action.  Wink
Whateever we'll write, will happen in the time between this adventure and the next, time-wise.

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)
Private Weasel
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2011, 02:18:53 pm »

I'm happy to start on a new one whenever everybody else is ready.  Ms Adler and I are going to do the dinner in Milan through IM as we're not that egotistical Tongue
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »

I've posted and wrapped up most of my loose ends. Unless Ms. Starling wants to look over the items just delivered to her room I believe we may be finished with this story.

Good show everyone! I for one have had a ball.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2011, 05:38:55 pm »

That was a lot of fun and somehow starling is reminding me of Helen hunt in twister.  I figure the items may come in to play during the next game so i made a few thing up.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2011, 05:40:40 pm »

I have a 'the end' piece for when everyone is finished. No hurry or anything, just saying.

I'm assuming a lag time of about a month; I don't have Redburn and Starling's "final" activitioes, because I don't know what they might be, just that she and Rooney become famous for the vaccine.

Just let me know when, whenever. Grin
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:51:18 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2011, 06:08:01 pm »

Well I know Starling is going to ask Redburn out as soon as she whips her lab monkies in to order but I will let walkthebassline decide what happens from there.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2011, 06:20:58 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, we can wrap this up anytime now, I rather like my final line.  Wink

BUT (there is alwas a "but"):
Mary needs to explain to the team
- she's been a Prussian spy, her objective - unbeknownst to Rourke - being to nick the tablet and dagger for the Prussians
- to this, the order to assassinate Hawthorne was added later
- once the mission had started, she had realized that she had been lied to by her superiors; information that she had in combination with what the team experienced on the "Dagger" led her to believe, that the Prussians wanted the artefacts for themselves to engineer some kind of "supersoldier". She then decided, NOT to help with that. Consequently she also refrained from assassinating Hawthorne, albeit for slightly different reasons...
- when the Prussian stormtroops landed, she realized, she had been played all along
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: she is now a traitor and deserter! So, it must be clear to everyone, that the person they knew as Marie-Luise "Mary" Krueger was missing in action on the "Dagger". She simply didn't come back, probably died in the explosion. That is the part of the story, everyone should remember.

For the time being, she will go by the name of "Issa"; more details of her real identity are not given at that time.

Ok? Can we just assume, that at some point during the journey back this meeting takes place?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2011, 06:39:34 pm »

Well what if we do that during our debreef or perhaps at a small meal they have on board before they land and face that?  Starling needs to announce her findings and ask redburn out that way we can all set our foundations right nefore the next game.  From my phone again forgive my spelling.
Private Weasel
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2011, 06:45:43 pm »

I am too reluctant to add anything else, I rather liked Evelyn's last line and adding anymore might be ruining the moment Tongue
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2011, 06:49:56 pm »

I am too reluctant to add anything else, I rather liked Evelyn's last line and adding anymore might be ruining the moment Tongue

Yes, you may consider it a threat or a promise...  Wink
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »

I like the way I ended things with my character, but if Bailey wants to put up an "interlude" post we could set things up for a continuing adventure. Perhaps we sit down together once we reach England? I want Redburn to continue his relationship with Starling, but I love ending with the picture of him on the bridge reciting "Jabberwocky".
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »

Well we could allways put a bit of it in the beginning of the next game.  I would imagine by that point Starling will be mighty tired of being all cooped up in her lab and Redburn would be a welcomed distration from the red tape and responcabilites.
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2011, 08:00:44 pm »

A brilliant solution. I like it a lot.

Hmm, I'll have to start planning what Redburn will be doing during the intermission.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2011, 09:23:53 pm »

My closing post isn't anything special but it does give some early indication of non-2d-ness (that's a word now) so I'm happy to end here

Also, I only have intentions for Joe to form a friendship with Starling, not wantin to step on any romantic toes here as it were. She is almost a decade older than him too.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:44:17 pm by The Corsair » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: