The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 04:43:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread  (Read 43337 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1325 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:46 am »

Please don't misunderstand, I realize it was all in character only. Sinclaire just seems to be such a self-righteous fellow, though.

It seems odd, though, that Sinclaire would know who ordered the rifle company's actions.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:59:53 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1326 on: October 30, 2012, 12:46:09 am »

doesn't Piggott-Steng has commander over of the Marigold and her crew? It would have to be a very senior officer with the balls to order the deployment of soldiers on whitehall.

Sinclair is just going up the chain of command as it were Piggott-Steng being the first in line that could issue such an order.

You also got Sinclair spot on he believes himself to be cleverer than everyone else, believes he is untouchable he's worked his way into where he's at to put his own agenda into place and doesn't conceive of anyone say perhaps Ing being able to undo his work
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1327 on: October 30, 2012, 06:56:00 am »

The plot seems to be moving on again, but no. I'm sorry, but there's a piece of business that needs to be addressed.

Captain Wallace, You are a very creative and talented person. I would hate to lose your input in this game.

However, You have shown a repeated penchant for running ahead with the plot, creating various characters and initiating various additional events and scenarios whose incursion into the storyline (whether intentionally or not) muddles the storyline and makes it difficult to keep the plot on the track, and timetable, intended by the current GM. Everybody implements their own additions to the plot, but you keep going a bit too far, and then acting as if you had no idea anyone might not agree with your idea. 

That needs to stop.

Everyone determines the plot, which is to say, every post influences how the plot actually turns out; that is unavoidable in any group setting; but guidance and determination of the overall direction and implementation of the plot is the role of the GM, not the individual player, no matter how influential or ingenuously creative he or she might be.

Miss Alexis and Miss Stella are the GMs for this episode. Please allow them to determine the plot. If there is something you wish to add or change, in this episode or any other, please run it by the current GM(s) and get their OK before going ahead with it.

Everyone, please pardon my "verboseness."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1328 on: November 02, 2012, 04:19:48 pm »

I'll be out this Saturday and most of the Daytime this Sunday; an old friend has worked up an Oldtime Music festival in his hometown and I promised I'd attend. I'm not performing in it (unless I'm asked to), but they might need me for a flute workshop or two, and anyway it's a chance to jam with people whom I don't see very often anymore.

November and December are performance-heavy this year. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but suddenly the Dulcimer Society and another group I belong to are being invited to do more seasonal/heritage programs.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1329 on: November 02, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »

I'll be out as well for a few days, I have IRL stuff that needs taking care of.

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1330 on: November 03, 2012, 12:40:22 am »

"...for purposes of mitigating excessive maickal activity ..."

that would be activity of a maaaa ... ICKle! sort, I suppose... Cheesy

Fixed that.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1331 on: November 05, 2012, 03:59:59 am »

I've been getting unexpectedly overwhelmed, stress-wise, by school and a few other things lately, and I'll have to take a longer break than expected. I hate having to leave mid-game but I can only deal with so much at one time right now, so I'm asking Stella to take over running things for the present.

I'll do my best to post when I can, until then Felix will just be tagging along in the background...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1332 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:15 pm »

Don't worry I have a plan! (kind of) So the game can keep moving along.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1333 on: November 05, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »

*Japanned: Japanning is a technique of using several thin coats (like, several as in 20 or more) of rapidly-drying varnish to achieve certain kinds of effects such as woodgrain on a plainly-grained wood surface, or special deep color toning. the technique became popular during ythe latte rhalf of teh 1700s, and remained so, with may improvements  and new techniques added to teh common repertoire, on into the early 20th century (sme retro-themed furniture manufactories still turnout japanned peices such as longcase clocks, tables,and the like). Artists also use a type of paint additive/thinner called "Japan Dryer" (which comes originally from the japanning finishing process), for making thin, transparent glazes.

Rourke's planning to gain access to the monks' sanctum using the borrowed ability referred to in the post, so that he can let the Rifle company and the others in -- unless, of course, it's against the plans already laid, in which case he'll just seep in and get himself in a tight spot that he has to fight his way out of...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:12:00 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1334 on: November 06, 2012, 12:13:12 am »

That sounds fine to me.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1335 on: November 09, 2012, 08:22:47 pm »

I'll be driving across town both Saturday and Sunday to perform with the North Harris County Dulcimer Society and the Bay Area Dulcimer & String Society (yes, that does spell "BADASS" if you insist on not using an ampersand Wink. Uh-oh, I hope they don't see this... Cheesy) at Armand Bayou Nature Center's Martyn Farm area.

What with all the post-election insanity, combined with the SHTFers and 2012 Apocalypsists, I must be off my own rocker driving that far. Oh, well... Cheesy
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1336 on: November 16, 2012, 08:20:26 am »

Starling is currently dealing with a magical trip wire that is doing a wonderful job of blending in with the floor.  It will take her a while to figure this out.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1337 on: November 17, 2012, 04:45:04 am »

Matthews is just trying to help out, in his own, coarse way. Whether or not his idea is helpful or a hindrance is completely up to Stella.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1338 on: November 28, 2012, 07:39:01 pm »

To my mind, The spotter's "grief" and Mina/Wilhelmina's headlong plunge are both born from a perceived, rather than the actual, state of affairs. Rourke isnt dead (Far from it, in fact), and while a couple or few riflemen would have been injured or killed, it certainly is not the end of the entire force, or at least I wouldn't think so.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1339 on: December 02, 2012, 06:16:17 am »

For some reason, the assault on the Sultan's palace from The Wind and the Lion keeps running through my head in regard to the Marigold's forces impending attack on the monks...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1340 on: December 05, 2012, 03:33:18 am »

I am finally home again where i have net access that is not from my phone so I can start posting normally.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1341 on: December 10, 2012, 06:35:05 am »

I'd postponed making the entries in the Between Stories thread that I'm making now for a long time. I'm not necessarily trying to resurrect Steam London, but rather establishing a premise for a future game or games related in at least part to that multiverse, sometime after Cross and Serpent is completed. References to the characters Irene and Nadia are intended only to refer to their former presence, since both were absent from the game by the time of the RTAF St. Elmo's investiture as the Aether League's's Airwise University, though I may change my mind slightly and do an AU cameo with Irene, Dreyf, Jock and the gang.

But, I'm gettiong ahead of myself...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1342 on: December 16, 2012, 09:15:28 am »

My mother had surgery (joint replacement reversal, or at least I think that's what it's called) this last week. She had to go to the emergency room saturday afternoon (yesterday, now) with high fever and apparenty an infection in the surgery site. She's being kept in ICU for observation, but the danger is over, we think. As far as I know I will be available to post, but if there are more complications I might have to do so more slowly than I would like, or maybe even put myself on hiatus (but probably not). Just a heads up, so to speak..
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1343 on: December 17, 2012, 03:43:10 am »

I figure the creature is a tentacled nightmare and one of their last ditch attacks.
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1344 on: December 17, 2012, 03:25:35 pm »

Sorry for not being around much. The holidays have brought much business with them.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1345 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:36 pm »

Not meaning to fight whats happened or what is planned to happen (whatever that may be) just adding a bit of spice, as it were.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1346 on: May 01, 2013, 01:35:07 am »

It's been about 4 months since the last activity in this game. Are we calling it (or at least this episode) dead?

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1347 on: May 01, 2013, 06:47:00 am »

It's been about 4 months since the last activity in this game. Are we calling it (or at least this episode) dead?

I don't really want to, but I think it's probably the best solution. I plan to start a new Marigold game at some point, but at the moment I only have time for the RP I'm currently actively posting in, so it's probably best to merge this bunch of episodes so that others can fit their games in.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1348 on: June 06, 2015, 03:07:06 am »

[Unstickied]
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1349 on: June 06, 2015, 03:09:27 am »

I lie, unstickying doesn't seem to work right now...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: