The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 12:16:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread  (Read 42932 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1275 on: September 13, 2012, 11:32:01 pm »

Sometime I ought to get high behind and do several paintings, maybe I could take 'em to a con and sell 'em...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1276 on: September 16, 2012, 02:13:43 pm »

I'm Off to El Campo for a performance with the Dulcimer Society, probably out until 5 or 6 PM American Central Time.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1277 on: September 16, 2012, 09:51:40 pm »

Have fun!

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1278 on: September 17, 2012, 09:23:38 pm »

Thanks! Belatedly...

And now I must surrender the computer once again to other parties who wish to use it for their own ends...*grrr...*
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1279 on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:48 am »

Lets try and not 'Deus Ex' anything just yet. We need to have a battle royal and have opportunities for participation for everybody. It probably goes without saying, buuut...( Wink) Lets not anybody just haul off and summarily destroy Handthorpe or May Li in one fell swoop, or anybody be the great all-powerful savior.

Another note: Starling's magickal 'evolution,' for lack of a better word, was planned by Miss Stella from the start, so trying to keep Starling away from trouble will probably not work well in the plotline. It's also preferable to not steal the bag with Starling's bone fragments inside from May Li until Stella's ready to have someone do so.

IMPORTANT: The "device" mentioned just now is a mechanism, dropped from an airship in the manner of a bomb, which burrows deeply into the ground and sets up an EM field for several miles in all directions (including up and down, and through geological formations). The most noticeable effect (there would conceivably be others, but keep 'em within reason) is to "damp" magickal and/or spirit energy. The Vamps'll still be powerful, but not so much so, and they'll initially feel a bit sick, as will Rourke. Those with magic will have their power effectively halved for the duration of the Device's deployment; whether or not they feel sick is up to the individual player. Natural humans with no special abilities or spiritual predicaments will most likely be unaffected. May Li and Handthorpe's necromantic powers will be curtailed as well.

The device's purpose gamewise is to reduce the incidence of extreme overempowerment (God-Moding, in other words), and stave off, as already mentioned, the incidence of Deus Exing.

Also: I realize that I have a rather sizable "army of NPCs," but their actual main purpose is to keep the story up and running, and both to stave off, again, the dreaded Deus Ex, as well as speed things up when they get bogged down. Events have consequences, and this is not intended to be one of the extremely-quick episodes (but it's not supposed to last for three months, either Wink).
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1280 on: September 18, 2012, 02:27:43 am »

I just set the seen for the battle I figure may li  has some surprises up her sleeve to keep us all on out toes i imagine she will guard the bones with her life because it is her most potent power source.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1281 on: September 18, 2012, 02:03:33 pm »

I'd like to set May Li up for a RP if you'll all let me

Also your device could have some interesting effects on Talbot, this will be interesting to write.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1282 on: September 18, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »

That's what comes of listening to dire and bombastic movie soundtracks whilst one writes... Cheesy
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1283 on: September 18, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

I did read what you said about taking May Li's bag. Morgan won't try to do that unless Ms. Gaslight says it is okay.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1284 on: September 18, 2012, 04:38:32 pm »

And so the source of Starling's power has shown up to help with the thrashing but she is still vulnerable because every time May Li pulls power it hurts and distracts Starling.  here is what I think will happen with the bag someone may be able to grab it while starling is fighting And May Li is distracted but they may not be able to hold it for long as is causes nasty hallucinations and burns with cold but May Li has a few of the bones still hidden on her person so she may use taking the bag as a distraction and pretend to be weak until she can strike back hard.  

I think May Li has the last few bone pieces polished up and set in a piece of jewellery she is wearing, Starling doesn't know that the only has part of the fragments.  The half manifested form of the god is not entirety under starling's control.  He wants to smash May Li for toying with him and Starling is just a covenant way for him to do that.   
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:33:44 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1285 on: September 25, 2012, 10:10:32 am »

Stella and Alexis are, I think, devloping th enext episode. Captain Talbot, we might be able to do yours after that one.

I'll be wrapping up this episode in the next day or so, a bit ahead of schedule, but that might actually be better.
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1286 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »

Thats the one in China right?

I considered running mine in India and Nepal
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1287 on: September 25, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »

I will let Alexis decide where it is set I just came up with the base idea.  I actually have a sword cane.  It is a cheep one from a yard sale but when I saw it the little kid in me said I had to have it.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1288 on: September 25, 2012, 06:13:00 pm »

I had one of those once, I still have the blade around here someplace...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:49:40 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1289 on: September 26, 2012, 09:35:28 am »

I wish they were even semi legal in this country though I've considered having a re-enactment one made up
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1290 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:47 am »

I've heard they've made almost everything capable of offensive use illegal in Britain these days.

Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1291 on: September 27, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »

there was a knee jerk reaction to curved swords a number of years ago after some tit went wild with samurai sword

but if you're a re-enactor or martial artist you can get round it

but weapon laws have always been tight here if I want a sword cane it needs to be more than 100 years old as it classes it as an antique
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1292 on: September 27, 2012, 08:40:21 pm »

I'd imagine that 100-year-old sword canes are a bit hard to come by.

---
Chapter ending is up. Alexis and Stella can start their game (ChapterVI) whenever they feel so inclined.

Wow, six episodes! *breaks out the (virtual) champagne*
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1293 on: September 29, 2012, 02:52:12 am »

Due to some (non-serious) health and stress issues IRL, I'll have to take a break for the next day or two. I'll probably be online, just won't be posting much.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1294 on: September 29, 2012, 03:20:09 am »

Get well soon! Rest and recuperate, eat lotsa carbs, bulk up... oh, wait, thats a guy's regimen. Hmmm...
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1295 on: October 01, 2012, 02:17:34 am »

I'd intended for it to be early morning in-game now, sorry if that wasn't clear initially. Hopefully it won't be a problem.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1296 on: October 01, 2012, 03:07:38 am »

Uh-oh. Sorry about that.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1297 on: October 01, 2012, 05:17:30 am »

Thought I would describe Starling's apartment a little better.  I have always wanted a painted sky ever since I was little and I actually have painted murals on my walls before.  I figure since starling is avoiding people she is up at strange hours and with the magic I wonder if she sleeps much at all.
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1298 on: October 01, 2012, 11:17:04 am »

Funny I had the idea that Talbot hardly sleeps if at all and spends much of his time reading old texts and histories
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1299 on: October 02, 2012, 01:38:49 pm »

Mina's indignant and more than just slightly protective of Rourke...
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: