The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 06:58:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread  (Read 43654 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1150 on: June 07, 2012, 08:22:54 am »

Sorry for the absence; internet connection nosedived for a while.

I'd also add (and this is certainly my fault) that I was a little confused by what was expected of Marcus as we came into land... I just had him sitting in his cabin (and in conversation) before having him exit but I noted characters seemed to be asking for him. I put a question up in the OOC asking about what he needed to do but didn't get a response.

OOOpsss... I thought I responded to that. In any case,  Marcus needs to either exit the ship at the Bridge, or receive word about his business deal (or do whatever he is intending to do about same).

[quote
Just to confirm where we are, we've just landed and Marcus has been given a key to Talbot's box (although seemingly he's not one of the people meant to have the key)?
[/quote]

I don't really have any ideas, merely speculative musings, about what the box and key are all about. Maybe its a test of discretion, like that old tale from The Arabian Nights about the jar of olives left in the keeping of a (supposed) friend? Or maybe it's something else entirely. As to physical location, we've landed and have been towed into a hangar at the Quebec Aerodrome.

Rourke has just received his parcel via diplomatic van.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1151 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:01 pm »

Talbots box contains the colt special he was given, it is a high calibre pistol which fires specially made silver rounds filled with holy water, silver nitrate and other interesting things as a weapon issued to intelligence corp field agents like Talbot for dealing with special circumstances, the weapon is somewhat a prototype though starling has a lower calibre version commissioned specially by Talbot for her.

There is only one key for said box which Talbot gave to Rourke and he's just passed the box with the gun to the Bosum
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #1152 on: June 08, 2012, 08:27:21 am »

Where are we headed, just now? Madd would love the opportunity to make a living weapon or two.

What do we want? Decapitations!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1153 on: June 08, 2012, 04:16:41 pm »

At the moment, we're waiting for Mordaunt tpo return from his jaunt; then, perhaps, on to Greenland.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1154 on: June 11, 2012, 04:55:35 am »

Finally got done with fair.  After a bit of recovery I will be posting all the time again.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1155 on: June 12, 2012, 05:37:38 am »

I'd prefer to keep the Greenland sequence as brief as possible; get in, have Rourke and Mina meet up, introduce her to the rest of the cast/crew, take care of what may be a minor outbreak of Greenmouth (I was thinking maybe, as Corsair suggested in the first episode, it's caused by infected fish that schooled northwards after the Dagger crashed uinto the ocean, and got caught and processed in a local cannery), and then head for England and end the episode and on to Ep V, If Corsair agrees, of course.

Does that work for everyone? Other Ideas? Wherewill we go, what shall we do for Ep V?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1156 on: June 12, 2012, 06:38:07 am »

Whee foreshadowing is fun.  I still want to run the london game with you but we need some of the other players to come back.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1157 on: June 12, 2012, 07:56:32 am »

I have a few ideas for part V, all of them bring focus back to the Greenies and Treadstone. If people are happy with that then I'll set one of them up.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1158 on: June 12, 2012, 02:28:41 pm »

Sounds great to me.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1159 on: June 12, 2012, 09:24:32 pm »

I have a few ideas for part V, all of them bring focus back to the Greenies and Treadstone. If people are happy with that then I'll set one of them up.

Sounds great to me, give it a whirl!
Consortium11
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #1160 on: June 13, 2012, 01:38:56 am »

On the slightly longer term I've got some ideas for a London based story that could either be a stand-alone or integrated into another story based in London depending on circumstances. They're a little Marcus-centric (at least in terms of set-up and development) and I'd like to get another chapter or two under our belts before pushing on with them but they're there if needed.

I'd also love a Heart of Darkness style (both in destination and tone) trip into central Africa but inspiration hasn't struck for how to set it in motion.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1161 on: June 13, 2012, 02:45:33 am »

I'm going to assume, in planning the specifics for the beginning of part V, the following things:
We fight a small Greenie outbreak in Greenland
This part finishes on a bit of a loose end as we will still be in Greenland and will not have returned to England
Everyone aboard the Marigold essentially becomes 'permanent cast' (and will be joining the crew on their next 'adventure') for whatever reason

Any problems with the above?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1162 on: June 13, 2012, 06:12:43 am »

I'm going to assume, in planning the specifics for the beginning of part V, the following things:
We fight a small Greenie outbreak in Greenland
This part finishes on a bit of a loose end as we will still be in Greenland and will not have returned to England
Everyone aboard the Marigold essentially becomes 'permanent cast' (and will be joining the crew on their next 'adventure') for whatever reason

Any problems with the above?

That sounds fine to me. Her Nadir Majesty will probably go back to England at some point; Not sure if she'll dirty her hands with the Greenland business, but then again it might be fun to have her along.
Consortium11
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #1163 on: June 14, 2012, 12:16:55 am »

Quick word of warning. I'm on holiday from tomorrow until around Wednesday last week and will almost certainly have limited access to the internet.

For plot purposes just imagine Marcus is loitering in the background of whatever happens as generic character No.1 until my return.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1164 on: June 14, 2012, 05:16:10 am »

Corsair and I have been discussing possible endings to this episode and the beginnings of the next; looks like it might be another of his plots. I'll be in (outpatient) surgery a week from next Monday, and probably laid up offline for a day or three (yeah, right, just wait, I'll probably sneak online early that Wednesday if they don't catch me at it first Cheesy) after that, so It's probably best that I let him do his thing with this RP one more time. Wilhelmina may well meet with Rourke in the Between Stories. Have to wait and see.

Anyway, Stay tuned to this channel for the latest news, weather and zombifications...
--------
Sounds like a good way to handle it, Consortium. Of course, it's Corsair's episode(s), so usual disclaimers apply.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #1165 on: June 14, 2012, 07:49:03 am »

When do we land?
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1166 on: June 14, 2012, 09:09:29 am »

I'd say assumed that we have landed and that this meeting is basically going to close things up (aside from a brief stint on the ground where we encounter the Greenies.)

Which brings me to point B. Could we please make this Greenie affair a quick one? I know we should always 'show not tell' but it's probably best we keep it at 'and our heroes dealt with the outbreak swiftly before riding off into the sunset' because otherwise we'll get bogged down in the specifics of the encounter and will spend another 3 pages tying up more loose ends we'll create.

Also, I'm going to set up the first post of Part V now and keep the thread locked until it's needed.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1167 on: June 14, 2012, 02:46:44 pm »

The Benade in the post is supposedly the great-grandfather of the famous Musical Acoustics professor.

I'm going to have the Demeter stopped three miles out from Nuuk and the Greenland coast because of quarantine warnings;  I'm also suggesting that that was the last transmission from Nuuk. (according to the timetable, the Demeter would be about that far by now, given the week-long days we seem to be having lately.

At some point we might want to institute a standard mumber of RL days to correspond to Gameline days. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:33:19 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1168 on: June 14, 2012, 09:13:43 pm »

I'm not sure how much of the established canon on greenies is known to the general public in-game, so I'm going to assume Will could have heard about them and the Dagger affair at some point, though probably through rumors of dubious accuracy.

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1169 on: June 14, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »

I'm not sure how much of the established canon on greenies is known to the general public in-game, so I'm going to assume Will could have heard about them and the Dagger affair at some point, though probably through rumors of dubious accuracy.

That'd be about right; it wouldn't be generally noised about for fear of causing a panic, but what with the Smalls Greenmouth Catatonia virus being now in the food chain, who knows where it'll pop up next, or how long it goes on before it mutates, and it's bound to have popped up elsewhere since the Nirgalian Dagger was not the only source (there's the ruins  in the Fertile Crescent, for example, not to mention the Bagdad infestation and Cairo...).

Sleep well, people of the Marigold Universe... mwa ha ha haaaaa...
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #1170 on: June 14, 2012, 11:24:39 pm »

Is greenland going to be a new thread or just continuing on the current one?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1171 on: June 14, 2012, 11:34:56 pm »

Greenland is the last bit of Chapter V. After we sail off into the sunset (hopefully in about three or four more posts), Corsair'll start Chapter VI if he hasn't already by that point.

yikes, last bit of Chapter FOUR! Sheesh, you'd think after fifty years I'd learn how to count...  EmbarrassedCheesy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:37:30 pm by MWBailey » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1172 on: June 15, 2012, 01:35:37 am »

yikes, last bit of Chapter FOUR! Sheesh, you'd think after fifty years I'd learn how to count...  EmbarrassedCheesy

Given that it's actually 51 years I think you may have missed out on the skill
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1173 on: June 15, 2012, 02:59:14 am »

Given that it's actually 51 years I think you may have missed out on the skill

I'll have you know my mind's as sharp as a tack, knock on wood!

*knock, knock*

...Come in?
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #1174 on: June 15, 2012, 04:57:35 pm »

Name:Dr. Melvin Quinine Madd
Origin:Tranquility, Tennessee- Now living in South America
Cover Occupation:Explorer/Zoologist
Skills:Snakehandling, Poisons, primitive cultures,primitive weapons, entomology, Herpetology, Zoology, Blowguns, Jungle and wilderness lore
Weaponry (2 to 3 only, please):Blowgun, Poison darts, machete(One or two at a time)- Occasionally, he carries weapons in his walking cane.
Equipment:Canvas bags, collection jars, telescopic grab stick for snakes, a variety of native healing herbs

When can I enter the storyline?

I know I didn't mention it before, but a sling is a pocket-sized weapon that doesn't readily show itself.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: