The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 01:32:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Resistors  (Read 265 times)
Merkk
Officer
United States United States

Go Science!!!

« on: August 31, 2010, 04:36:22 am »

Let me first say that I am in no way electrically competent.  I remember a few things from my high school physics class, but the only thing about electronics was that 'Pain = Vicious Injury.'

Anyway, I was driving home and talking to my son about how much I wanted to do some electro etching and how the whole process worked.  Somehow that got me thinking about liquids in general and their ability to conduct.

Ok, so finally, I had my own discovery of sorts.  I can call it my discovery because I hadn't heard about it before I thought of it.  Not saying I came up with it before anyone else did (that would just be crazy-talk), but at least I came up with it before anyone had a chance to tell me.

What is to stop a person from using glass tubing, filling it with a conductive solution like saltwater or copper sulfate, and sealing off both ends with a rubber stopper and electrode?  Then our own little homemade resistor could be used in any circuit that needed some resistance and a little diy flare.  With some research, it should be a simple process of determining the proper length of tube and type of solution to make a resistor for any purpose.

Thoughts?
cutexiang
Swab

China China

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:53:09 am »

Outside the central protagonists, the characters still show that tertiary surprise. It is often encouraged Kelly ridiculous I can not get out of my head The Office DVD("This day is bananas. Bananas"). There are creepy Creed, whose encounter with a fish in "Beach Games" did my husband and I laugh out loud. It is rather pathetic Toby who are consistently undervalued and Mike Entourage DVD takes his languid status to new heights in "Cocktails" where his act of kindness is swept by Pam ignorant.Walt Disneys 164 DVD I could go and still am, but really, the best thing to do is show the series for yourself. You will no doubt be equally plugged my husband and I are. Pam has long been my favorite, but it is almost pathological in allowing others to walk on her and take advantage of his good character. His landing in this episode was great to watch,One Tree Hill DVD because it shows how determined it is finally getting his life. Throughout the season, is still a beautiful woman, has always been, but he begins to grow a spine and we know that does not mean it's nice to please everyone at all times to the detriment of their happiness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: