The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 04:28:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam and the world beyond England  (Read 806 times)
Don Ramo
« on: August 28, 2007, 04:47:48 am »

Were there have been squadrons of zeppelins spanning the globe and multitudes of mechanisms crossing land hither and yon what might be different with regard to how the world was explored and societies settled? 

I've seen the crafty Japanese and some of their wondrous creations in timepieces using traditional characters instead of Roman or Arabic numerals. What other kinds of devices might there have been in Steam-y Kowloon, Buenos-Aires, or Oman? (I must try and avoid thinking of They Might Be Giants' Istanbul Was Constantinople right now) Grin

I just wonder now how the vast reaches of India, the Middle East, Asia Minor, Africa, South America, and other "distant" lands might be different if companies of mechano-ambulatory soldiers had taken off to set up outposts.

Fortunately there are fellows among us habitating on the lower penal colony in the Pacific that might offer insight to my question. I'd also think that there might be a quicker renovation of the Rathaus glockenspiel in Munich if the Steam era had occurred. Any thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: