The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2019, 12:28:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Surrey Steampunk Convivial  (Read 8232 times)
Dr. Gitfinger
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »

Unless i have missed something, what happened with the lady and the recording device from the BBC? Is (or has) that actually surfaced and been aired yet? And if so, where?
Cubinoid
Zeppelin Captain

Cubinoid and Tixia Loxtonian

cubinoid
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 06:50:04 pm »

I think that was Radio 4, and I shall keep you informed as I find out what is going to happen with it!

We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:
vampyresheep
Snr. Officer

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2012, 10:17:01 am »

Those of you in the Sutton area might have discovered our lovely mugs beaming out from newspaper stands in the area.  A nice big group photo has made it to the front page of the Sutton Guardian!  Smiley
*cough* this, of course has nothing to do with the fact that Rob's brother is the editor of said newspaper. *cough* Purely a coincidence!  Wink

Lovely little article on page 5 too, along the lines of this one in the e-edition http://www.suttonguardian.co.uk/news/9560890.Steampunks_hit_Sutton/?ref=mr but a bit more detail and some different photos
Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:24 am »

Thank you for providing the link (here and on FB), at one point I'd almost given up trying to find the story.   I dislike the website most strenuously, so hard to navigate/find stories, not helped by the fact their search engine doesn't work  Roll Eyes

Almost makes me wish I'd made it for the walk, however nabbing those two comfy leather wingbacks in the HG Wells more than made up for it. Smiley
vampyresheep
Snr. Officer

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 01:11:42 pm »

Thank you for providing the link (here and on FB), at one point I'd almost given up trying to find the story.   I dislike the website most strenuously, so hard to navigate/find stories, not helped by the fact their search engine doesn't work  Roll Eyes

Almost makes me wish I'd made it for the walk, however nabbing those two comfy leather wingbacks in the HG Wells more than made up for it. Smiley

those chairs were rather enviable though! Smiley
Cubinoid
Zeppelin Captain

Cubinoid and Tixia Loxtonian

cubinoid
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 01:38:14 pm »

Those of you in the Sutton area might have discovered our lovely mugs beaming out from newspaper stands in the area.  A nice big group photo has made it to the front page of the Sutton Guardian!  Smiley
*cough* this, of course has nothing to do with the fact that Rob's brother is the editor of said newspaper. *cough* Purely a coincidence!  Wink

Lovely little article on page 5 too, along the lines of this one in the e-edition http://www.suttonguardian.co.uk/news/9560890.Steampunks_hit_Sutton/?ref=mr but a bit more detail and some different photos

Aha! We have a man inside, do we? - good work! Yes, I picked up a copy of the paper this morning...lovely to see so many friendly familiar faces beaming out from the front page! (I am planning more of these, if anyone would like more...)
vampyresheep
Snr. Officer

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 02:42:47 pm »

Aha! We have a man inside, do we? - good work! Yes, I picked up a copy of the paper this morning...lovely to see so many friendly familiar faces beaming out from the front page! (I am planning more of these, if anyone would like more...)

He didn't know we were anything to do with the event until Rob called the week before to see if he wanted to come along too.  So although the article itself was done by someone else; of course what goes on the front page is largely the editor's decision!  Smiley  but there was no influence on our part, just a very nice surprise when we went to visit the family yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: