The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 06:15:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 250379 times)
mercian guy
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3675 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:13 am »

Hello!
I'm Miss Romwell, and I live in Bristol, UK. I'm a purely professional Miss, there's a Mr Romwell and a small Romwell Jr., too.
I've been doing steampunk forum RP and the odd illustration for a couple of years now, but have a very long running fixation with the 1890s (it's all the absinthe, opium, and rent-boys), a great love of antiques (our house has that Steptoe & Son look), and an encyclopedic knowledge of the life of Oscar Wilde.
I'm doing a little more illustration these days, and a couple of months ago started blogging my steampunk cartoons. http://steampunklife.tumblr.com/

I'm hopefully going to Weekend at the Asylum this year, with a very dear friend, and am already planning my outfits!  Smiley

Anyway, lovely to meet you all, must dash or I'll miss the omnibus! TTFN!

Welcome to BG.  I must say, I do like the cartoons, you've got some very good work there!

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
Carl Sagan
Niseag
Swab

Australia Australia

« Reply #3676 on: May 10, 2010, 11:17:17 am »

Hello everyone.

My name is Kathleen, I'm twenty years old and hail from Australia. I've been relatively keen on steampunk for a while and have recently decided to delve deeper into its depths. So, here I am!
sebastian Inkerman
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

scrounger and builder of mildly interesting stuff.

S_Inkerman
« Reply #3677 on: May 10, 2010, 12:24:59 pm »

Welcome... Grin

Jasper Illusian
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #3678 on: May 10, 2010, 09:46:53 pm »

Hello! I recently (well, I think it was last year) discovered steampunk and thought it was totally awesome. So far, I just fit the mentality of steampunk (I have yet to dress steampunk--I'm currently working on my wardrobe). I'm currently sewing a vest (I love sewing, I wish I had a job so I could afford making stuff more often) which looks like it'll turn out amazingly.

Um. Besides being steampunk, I'm totally obsessed with movies.

Oh yeah, my name is Regina. And despite my username, I am a girl.  Grin
Slackratchet
Gunner

« Reply #3679 on: May 11, 2010, 12:12:41 am »

Wish I had seen this thread the other day. I've been reading the forums for a while but until I had something to share I didn't feel like posting. I'm something of an unfocused maker of things, prop-guns, real guns, doll houses, models, scarves, curtains, chain-mail, computer games, databases, flowers, etc. If I've not tried to make it yet it's only because I've not gotten to it. I'm 39 and live north of Seattle in a place called Kirkland. I work at a local game store and sell board games, card games, jigsaw puzzles and the like. I have an 8 year old daughter and this last January I celebrated my 15th anniversary. I have high hopes for this place, it looks to be full of fun and creative people.

... takes the path of most resistance.
OhtheIrony
« Reply #3680 on: May 11, 2010, 03:45:46 am »

Ahoy all, Werther here (That's not my name really, a nom de plume if you will...I do get called Silver though, for reasons we won't go into, eh?) wishing you all a wonderful afternoon!  Wink
    I've been doing a bit of lurking around, so henceforth I come to declare myself and be recognized.
    I'm pretty young, undoubtedly younger than you. I have been called a 'child-genius dropout' and an 'damn piratical pain in the arse', of which I am neither, I can assure you. Except perhaps the genius part, but modesty demands I refute that graciously.  Roll Eyes I live in Australia, born of the English line and I'm currently a freelance writer. Hah, who am I kidding, I write for fun, and I blow things up whenever I get the chance. Life is good. I've also been known to write songs, ballads and the occasional epic poem to complement my soon to be winning a Pulitzer Prize novel. Erm, not much else to say, other than the fact that I enjoy music in all forms, and I'll have a crack at most musical instruments. Though my violin sounds like a piece of corrugated iron being attacked with a chainsaw.  Cheesy
    Sorry in advance if I ever scare any of you of with my gratuitous use of swear words from the eighteenth century.
    Cheers to you all!
    The vociferous verselady, Virtuous Bard and talentless singer, slayer of foes, mixer of dangerous chemicals, taker of risks and compulsive collector of shiny things:
    ~Amelia 'Silver' Werther
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 01:12:53 pm by OhtheIrony » Logged
Laser Rat
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3681 on: May 11, 2010, 11:19:55 am »

Hi everyone! I've known a bit about Steampunk for a while now and just recently became a bit more involved, so I thought I should introduce myself. I was originally known in various parts as Leseratte (German reading-rat, similar to a bookworm) but many have trouble pronouncing it, so when I acquired the lasers I simply changed the spelling to suit Grin

Please don't be offended by my lasers. I travel a lot and spend time in various eras, they are ever so useful for discouraging rufians.

p.s. I'm quite shy and have a tendancy on forums to lurk, so you probably wont hear very much from me until my electromagnet pistol is finished  Smiley

Elizabeth von Engel - Explorer, Inventor, Lady of Leisure.
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #3682 on: May 11, 2010, 11:35:18 am »

ooo EM pistol sounds interesting
Welcome aboard sir!  Smiley

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Laser Rat
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3683 on: May 11, 2010, 12:43:39 pm »

The concept is fairly simple, the bullets are 'fired' with a magnet instead of gunpowder. Plus it gives me an excuse to wrap copper wire around the barrel Wink

p.s. I am female, but Mother despairs of ever making a lady out of me.
Callidwyn
Officer

« Reply #3684 on: May 11, 2010, 09:45:02 pm »

Good evening forum-dwellers,
I am a British student of 17 years old who has recently been exploring her sense of style. I love the Steampunk aesthtic, but am also into more Gothic & Bohemian fashions. I'm an avid History student, though I find my current course rather boring, but this does enhance my love of Steampunk. I'm not really sure what else to say. Or what anybody wants to know. So, I shall sign off here.
Callidwyn.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:50:59 pm by Callidwyn » Logged
Springheel Jack
Deck Hand

Past my time, before my prime.

« Reply #3685 on: May 11, 2010, 09:48:43 pm »

Fresh from the spoils of mans undoing I now sit among the ruins.

Hello from the gravity pit in Oxfordshire!

Inside, we are all machine.
sydneysomething
Swab

Australia Australia

« Reply #3686 on: May 13, 2010, 03:04:31 pm »

Hello, I'm Stephanie and I'm currently living in Canberra, Australia to study, however my home base is in Orange NSW. Orange is a smallish city of about 40,000, and I'm in a sense the 'only steampunk in the village' hehe. I've appreciated steampunk since I was about 16 as a big Jules Verne fan, however I was too poor to get into the scene aesthetically back then and have slowly built up my wardrobe over the past few years.

I saw an event for a meet up for steampunks in Canberra and found the link to here and thought I'd sign up, so here I am!
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #3687 on: May 13, 2010, 06:27:31 pm »

Fresh from the spoils of mans undoing I now sit among the ruins.

Hello from the gravity pit in Oxfordshire!

Huzzah! you made it  Smiley Welcome to BG.

And welcome to everyone else as well.

kylepaul
Deck Hand

« Reply #3688 on: May 15, 2010, 11:28:36 pm »

Hello, I'm Kyle. Been lurking for a while and finally signed up. I'm training to be a marine engineer and some of the items made by the members of this forum have certainly caught my eye. I'm from Rochdale in England, but don't hold that against me. I don't have much in the way of steamy costumes or persona, but we'll see how long that lasts  Wink
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #3689 on: May 16, 2010, 12:32:38 am »

welcome aboard Kyle Smiley
William Ichabod Dachary
Officer

My name is William. I am a protagonist.

CosRyan
« Reply #3690 on: May 16, 2010, 02:26:45 pm »

Nowt wrong wi' Rochdale, at least it's on the right side of the midlands at any rate.

Welcome aboard!

GreaseNCoal
Gunner

« Reply #3691 on: May 16, 2010, 03:01:19 pm »

Although I have a couple posts around I just found this thread.  I did look Smiley.
Anyway I'm an old duffer (63) who grew up on a farm around steam engines (farm and train) and Victorian style kept around by my grandfathers.  Until recently I lived in the high mts of Colorado gold country where steam was in use for a long time.  I now find my self a hillibilly in TN.  A great place.  Great people  I'm a furniture and cabinet maker who tries to concentrate on the victorian, shaker,arts and crafts era.  I use a lot of brass hardware.  I come from a different appreciation of the steam age. That as being one who spends time at the many threshing reunions around the country where steam is actually demonstrated for several days. It would seem to me steampunk gatherings would fit nicely there.  NOt that I have ever seen one.
 But i'm also a fan of the scifi although what i know comes from books as I have no TV.

Anyway I wanted to the right thing and say hello!

Most people talk about other people
Some people talk about things
Steampunk people talk about ideas!!
Rufus Mortimer
Gunner

Unacceptable.

« Reply #3692 on: May 16, 2010, 08:50:44 pm »

I hail from the U.S., from Minnesota. I found out about steampunk from about the summer of 2008, which I started to paint up some props to that I will eventually use for a costume in soon. I came across this site multiple times, and needing a new forum community to be a apart of since I became sick of the ones I was a part of previously, I joined. I mostly work in prop making and possibly might do some clothing. Other than steampunk, my other interests are biking, glowsticking/glowstringing, playing clarinet, bass guitar, and working on vocals (Ex:Thrash metal and death metal growls.), and general fantasy and sci fi media.
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer

Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.

« Reply #3693 on: May 16, 2010, 11:03:05 pm »

Hello, I'm Kyle. Been lurking for a while and finally signed up. I'm training to be a marine engineer and some of the items made by the members of this forum have certainly caught my eye. I'm from Rochdale in England, but don't hold that against me. I don't have much in the way of steamy costumes or persona, but we'll see how long that lasts  Wink
Nowt wrong wi' Rochdale, at least it's on the right side of the midlands at any rate.
Welcome aboard!

indeed, I hail from near there too.

The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #3694 on: May 16, 2010, 11:16:09 pm »

Welcome aboard!

Right side of the Pennines, too!  Grin

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
William Ichabod Dachary
Officer

My name is William. I am a protagonist.

CosRyan
« Reply #3695 on: May 16, 2010, 11:42:35 pm »

Welcome aboard!

Right side of the Pennines, too!  Grin

Ha, amen to that, I say! I hail from Failsworth, shitey town betwixt Manchester and Oldham.
ivyvisors
Swab

Australia Australia

cq cq cq de vk3ivy

« Reply #3696 on: May 17, 2010, 05:02:27 am »

Greetings, thought I'd say hi.  Friend just told me about this forum, and so far after looking round rather interesting.

I'm Ivy, a weird radio girl. so hi all.

De VK3IVY

p.s. thinking about period stuff, the spark gap transmitter was first demonstrated in the mid 1880s so I guess it would be steam punk Wink (just don't use one today!)
Quinnykins
Swab

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

quinnykins
« Reply #3697 on: May 17, 2010, 06:35:12 pm »

The weird thing is I'm sure I've been here before... Any hoodle I am here now. My name is Quinny. I was born in Wiltshire, moved to Yorkshire, London, North Wales and back to Yorkshire to find my self now in Cork, Ireland.

So hello to one and all!

Si post fata venit gloria non propero
If one must die to be recognised, I can wait.
Crede quod habes, et habes
Believe that you have it, and you have it.
NickelPlated
Gunner

« Reply #3698 on: May 17, 2010, 09:31:54 pm »

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm completely new in this, so bear with me. My girlfriend is into steampunk, and I find the things she shows me about this hobby very interesting, so I figure I'd join in and learn more about this.
Onca_Stehlensie
Deck Hand

« Reply #3699 on: May 18, 2010, 04:37:29 pm »

Greetings, Ive hit this board on google a few times and finally decided to join. Id say hi but i think ive done it twice already. i dont know what more to say other then im 26, Im a dealer, Read way to much for it to be healthy, watch to many movies for it to be healthy, sleep so little that its not healthy, and i eat some veggies which is healthy. i think. Sorry little tired. back to the dealer part of the post. Im a Dealer. I deal out cards and send out dice, working from 7 pm to 3 am every day to make a dollar to afford my lavish tastes in music beer and literature. Soon i should be able to spin a wheel and roll the ball, in order to take or pay peoples hard earned cash. Im a Pirate in every thing but name. Sigh. I didnt really find steampunk, it more or less took a baseball bat to my life. So far ive manage to do a few designs of clothes, torn apart an alarm clock to try and understand how a wind up clock works, and just trying to decide if i want the airship or the submarine. since i missed breakfast ill have the sub. ha. now all i need is a shot of espresso. Last book i read was boneshaker by Cheri Priest, and before that was Changless by some other author whose name escapes me. Yes i state that i read alot, and yet you look at this post and and probably see grammatical errors and misspellings. I dont follow grammar, and its so past my sleep time right now your lucky i can spell at all. Anywho, Im in west virginia of the usa, and im feeling culturally stunted in growth. Funny Steam punk, steam, coal, we have coal mines, and i dont think there are many in the state who know steam punk, could be wrong. red necks and emos, oh where did the goth kids go? but yeah thats me, this is sleep, so night night, or day day, whichever it is in your part of the world.

Potatoes are emo, Tomatoes are evil, and never trust the tap water
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: