The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2017, 07:40:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A cosmic thing of beauty  (Read 3922 times)
NazT
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:17:05 pm »

Shocked

found at...

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/23/tiny_precision_clock.html

Tis beautiful!
Outa_Spaceman
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:37:08 pm »

That's what I want for Xmas...
Drake White
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Airship privateer & clockwork technologist.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 05:02:52 pm »

Maybe we can arrange some kind of ninja warehouse raid and get ourselves a few of them..
Thipp
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Lord of the monkeys

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:36:24 pm »

Heh, I dare say that at "well into seven figures" you should probably grab what ever is avaliable if you are going to go to the trouble of bringing ninjas along.
Yuri
Gunner
Mystery Airshipman

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:22:32 pm »

I suppose I could make room on my desk for that <shoves pile of Egyptian statuary and assorted unfired ammunition aside>  There.  I shall place it... there.

Where you start doesn't determine how far you will go - the people who believe they can, and the people who believe they cannot, are both right.
SomewhatSavvy
Officer

Procurer of Properties, Antiquities, and Clothing.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 08:06:18 pm »

Oooo..... Shocked I simply adore that!!! How grand!
Outa_Spaceman
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 08:27:40 pm »

Heh, I dare say that at "well into seven figures" you should probably grab what ever is avaliable if you are going to go to the trouble of bringing ninjas along.
Suppose we could use goths instead of ninjas... They'er cheap, they wear black, they'er expendable.. I'm afraid to say only some form of criminal enterprise is going to get me my Xmas prezzie...
Drake White
Zeppelin Admiral

Airship privateer & clockwork technologist.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 08:42:47 pm »

Suppose we could use goths instead of ninjas... They'er cheap, they wear black, they'er expendable.. I'm afraid to say only some form of criminal enterprise is going to get me my Xmas prezzie...

Anyone got a goth army we can borrow?
Yuri
Gunner
Mystery Airshipman

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:23 pm »

A Goth Army..?  I can see it now, with everyone wearing old sergeant stripes - "Aren't ANY of you corporals?!"
Thipp
Zeppelin Captain

Lord of the monkeys

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 06:36:37 pm »

I am not sure how motivated a goth army would really be, seems to me they may spend more time talking about how dark they are then actually raiding. You are right though, they would be much cheaper. Have you priced ninjas recently? I don't know about your side of the pond but over here what you used to be able to afford for a whole squad with poisons and tricks included now gets you one junior grade ninja without any frills.
Yuri
Gunner
Mystery Airshipman

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 07:01:34 pm »

...and all too often, the "highly trained ninja assassin" that DOES answer the advert turns out instead to be some out of shape kid wearing a Naruto headband, smelling of Cheetos.  The nerve.

Yuri
Tinkergirl
Brass Goggles Curator
Founders
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 07:42:05 pm »

Alas, I would have suggested villiansupply.com, but it seems that the page no longer exists in its old form - and the wayback machine doesn't have it either.  Such a shame, as it would have provided Paris-based fashion designers to kit out your team of femme fatales, dehumanising jumpsuits for your hoards of henchmen, and large red self destruct buttons for your secret hideouts.  (Hard to find a really tempting red button for such things.)
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 08:41:00 pm »

The large red button can be easily de-constructed from one a Staple's Easy Button...
You could do something like this:

to have it pronounce a warning of Doom, and a countdown...

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Col. Adrianna Hazard
Officer
Canada Canada

A Most Improper Victorian Lady

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 09:10:01 pm »

The large red button can be easily de-constructed from one a Staple's Easy Button...

I was just going to suggest that! Oh well, you know what they say about great minds...
Angus D. Murphy
Zeppelin Captain
France France

Professional Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 10:35:35 pm »

I was just going to suggest that! Oh well, you know what they say about great minds...

Well, as long as they are alive, I think most people say "Completely mad, loopy, lost their marbles, etc., etc."

What's the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can't blow something up?
-Sir Terry Pratchett
Sir Theodore Catchpole
Snr. Officer

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 06:06:17 am »

хорошо !!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: