The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 25, 2014, 01:36:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Statement on POODLE: we're safe – learn more

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A steamy xbox 360 case mod  (Read 10926 times)
k-9
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« on: August 27, 2011, 03:03:13 pm »

good day fellow builders i have been thinking of doing a case mod for a while but not wanting to over do it. it was mostly going to be for cooling which we all know was a problem. three friends of mine started a new business call Liquid Transformations they do water transfer printing their on facebook if you so chose to check them out.i had them dip the case for me to give it a wood look because i dont have any wood working tools  and i added some brass accents and this is what came of it simple and clean looking lots of pics.  Grin 
the good old standard case

torn apart and in the design stage oh i know gears stuck on things  Roll Eyes but in the end it turned out cool

got it back from the dipping

and started adding some brass accents

and some mesh in the venting areas

and the finale pics of the project i think it turn out very nice and the cooling is much better no red ring for me LOL

thanks for looking

Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 03:12:59 pm »

Very nice. To me it looks like one half set of speakers, or even a 30's style radio.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
k-9
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:38:20 pm »

Very nice. To me it looks like one half set of speakers, or even a 30's style radio.

never thought but now you say that  Cheesy i did the fan mod too the air flow is much better no red ring for me
Dove
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 03:44:36 pm »

That looks amazing! I love how clean it looks compared to the orignal.

I checked out their facebook page too, and they seem to have some very nice high quality products there.

k-9
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 03:54:22 pm »

That looks amazing! I love how clean it looks compared to the orignal.

I checked out their facebook page too, and they seem to have some very nice high quality products there.

yes they do i had them do my oakley gascan sunglasses to lol they match the xbox ROFL

just think what they could to a pair of goggles hmmmm

Armored Rah
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:43 pm »

I love it. I'm a PS3 guy myself, but I'd own an xbox if it looked like this. The entire design looks great, very top notch.
k-9
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 09:35:39 pm »

I love it. I'm a PS3 guy myself, but I'd own an xbox if it looked like this. The entire design looks great, very top notch.

thanks have you ever thought of doing your PS3 ?
Mattok Thomas
Gunner

looking nice for a regular old day

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 11:30:14 pm »

i love it the old wood look and how everything comes together  Cheesy
Armored Rah
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 12:12:31 am »

I have been thinking about doing some work on my PS3, but I have a hard time making up my mind on designs. (The reason I don't yet have a tattoo. LOL) I really love the look of this, but with the curve of the PS3 and the location of the current vents, I'm not sure I could come up with anything I'd be happy with.
CMarshall
Deck Hand

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 01:48:46 am »

That finish is incredible! It not only looks like wood, but it could be used to look like bakelite.
The project overall is really, really nice!
k-9
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 03:48:05 pm »

That finish is incredible! It not only looks like wood, but it could be used to look like bakelite.
The project overall is really, really nice!

first thanks for all the nice  comments CMarshall yes this stuff is cool i plan to use the process again  and the uses are endless  Smiley
Xenos
Immortal
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 07:01:16 pm »

I...  I think I'm in love...

For YEARS I wanted the Halo 3 Xbox...  But now...

I am inspired!  Unfortunatly, like with most projects, I simply lack time.  Ah well, one day.

WARNING:  THE ABOVE MAY BE POSTED UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF PAIN MEDICATION AND/OR ALCOHOL (read: Don't blame me for bad spelling or incoherence!)

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Are you guys ready?  Okay, let's roll.
Mrs Turner
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 07:58:32 pm »

Love it! We have a ps3 and wii ..... mmm got me thinking!  Wink
k-9
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 02:34:11 am »

Love it! We have a ps3 and wii ..... mmm got me thinking!  Wink

thanks Mrs Turner well there has been some post on my xbox geeky gadgets http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/steampunk-xbox-360-mod29-08-2011/
TheDedOne
Gunner

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 06:31:13 pm »

Looks good! Reminds me of a case mod for the original xbox that made it look like a wooden trunk.

Another thing you might do to ward of that evil red ring, is to replace the x clamps. I did that to my old xbox a few years ago, which I've had almost since they were released, and the only reason I'm not using it now is because of the disc tray.
k-9
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 12:39:56 am »

Looks good! Reminds me of a case mod for the original xbox that made it look like a wooden trunk.

Another thing you might do to ward of that evil red ring, is to replace the x clamps. I did that to my old xbox a few years ago, which I've had almost since they were released, and the only reason I'm not using it now is because of the disc tray.
yep did that and the fan mod too a tad noisy so i turn the  surround sound up a little bit  Cheesy
k-9
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 02:43:23 pm »

ok ladies and gents i have had such a great response and lots of articles written up on the xbox i did im thinking of doing another one. now the Q/A is should i go a little more wilder with it pipes and such or go classier like the last one. suggestions any one  Huh     
Zuzu
Snr. Officer
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 04:23:55 pm »

i love tyour original. nice job..
a second you say?
how about a little bit more brass? shiny shiny

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."
Semonius
Gunner
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 04:43:54 pm »

wow Shocked  looks great!!

oriental wise men say:

man can not have feet on ground and head in clouds.

..unless very tall man.
DemoraFairy
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 07:42:27 pm »

Wow... that's absolutely incredible! Shocked So beautiful, you've done a fantastic job! Makes me want to do something like that to my PS3, but I don't think my dad would be very happy about it, even if I did somehow manage to make it look as amazing as yours.

For the second, I would say add more stuff to it, maybe another design on the other side, but I like the simplicity of this. Maybe some metal decorations on the corners like this.

Excitement and adventure and really wild things.

My DeviantART account: demorafairy.deviantart.com
CaptainMurra
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

why hello there!

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 05:34:55 am »

wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowo that's amazing! Cheesy
my brother would love that!

Give thy thoughts no tongue - William Shakespeare
iron_armada
Gunner

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 10:22:17 pm »

Shocked truly amazing. nice work.
Vampyre Master
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 05:07:12 pm »

just been watching this on youtube
amazing how robust is it?
V
MatthiasKoenig
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 12:47:02 am »

I am inspired!  Unfortunatly, like with most projects, I simply lack time.  Ah well, one day.

Well,my friend,  I have a Halo 3 Xbox, but it's had an e47 error screen come up. I upgraded to a new style with the Kinect.
 I also live in Raleigh, and if I'm not mistaken, you are in the area.
If you can think of something for a trade(clothing, woodworking, gun stock making, etc.), we could figure out a time and place.
 Again, it's got the e47 error screen coming up, so after looking that up, and if you want it, let me know, and we can figure something out over a cup of joe.

Destroy the wicked, so the good may prosper.
Xenos
Immortal
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 01:23:59 am »

Well,my friend,  I have a Halo 3 Xbox, but it's had an e47 error screen come up. I upgraded to a new style with the Kinect.
 I also live in Raleigh, and if I'm not mistaken, you are in the area.
If you can think of something for a trade(clothing, woodworking, gun stock making, etc.), we could figure out a time and place.
 Again, it's got the e47 error screen coming up, so after looking that up, and if you want it, let me know, and we can figure something out over a cup of joe.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head outside cash, sadly (which I've precious little of).  My skillsets lie more with music than making, to be honest.  I CAN troubleshoot and wire houses (residential electircal work-done it for years), and I can do SOME furnature repairs.  My wife is wanting to learn alterations, as well.  I also work at a thrift store and get a 50% discount, so there IS that...  If there's anything you've been looking for, I can keep my eyes peeled (that's an offer that stands regardless-for anyone on here that wants to take advantage-if I've got it on me to get it, I'd be more than happy to!).  I also do instrument repair.

As far as the error goes, simple fix in my eyes-Swap the cases.  Aye, it'll void whatever warrenty I may have left on it-but I don't really much care.  It's already RRoD a few times on me...  SHOULD just upgrade to a PS3...

And as for the cuppa, I'm down when I have the time-you're a couple hours away, aye, but hey!  Meet'n'Greets are their own reward!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: