The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 09:13:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuhrling zeppelin  (Read 2820 times)
k-9
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« on: August 22, 2011, 05:24:49 am »

well the wife got me a new watch for our anniversary it not as nice as some of your guys vintage ones but i thought i would share its a sweet watch. here a link to it http://www.stuhrling.com/item.cfm?MainCatID=55&SubCatID=289&SSubCatID=167

i will post pic soon as i get to taking them

k-9
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 02:58:53 am »

my wife must love me  Cheesy ok here are pics

thanks for looking
TVC15
Zeppelin Admiral

Extremely hazardous...have some?

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:42:15 am »

Very nice. Really, very nice. If my wife had given me something like that, we would still be married.

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...
Pike
Snr. Officer

Failed the Turing Test

pikestaff
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 06:39:08 am »

I've worn a Stuhrling watch for about a year and a half now, it looks like this:

I was kind of iffy about it at first, because it's a Chinese movement and I know those are hit and miss, but I couldn't resist giving it a try because the watch is gorgeous and the price was nice.  So far, so good; it loses about a minute a month but that's very acceptable to me.  Eighteen months after getting it I still occasionally find myself just watching the balance wheel do its thing.  Smiley

Enjoy your new watch!  It's difficult to find a good looking skeleton watch, but when you do, they're hard to beat, in my opinion!

"The law of entropy has been losing steam lately..."
k-9
Snr. Officer

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:21:49 pm »

thanks Pike im enjoying alot  every body wants to look at it and when i i show them the back i get lots of wows. the funny thing is some one said mmmm its called Zeppelin air ship steampunk that fits you he said LOL  Cheesy
Fleximus Rex
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

"I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar"

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 07:04:01 pm »

Oh gods that's pretty! Congrats man, that is a simply fantastic timepiece Smiley

Call me Alexander Wink
jerrodh
Deck Hand

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 11:34:14 pm »

I have two Stuhrling watches and they keep time good enough for me. I typically wear a different watch everyday of the week so there will be time if its been awhile I might have to slightly adjust the time but nothing major. Everything else about the watches are great, especially the price you pay for such details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: