The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 01:49:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $1.75 Mil Steampunk Co-Op Apartment in Chelsea (NYC)  (Read 714 times)
markf
Goggleologist
United States United States

« on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:06 am »

Here's a new report from the Wall Street Journal on an interesting apartment for sale.  Much of it is very well done indeed, not sure about the bedroom but the whole enchilada shows a huge injection of imagination. markf
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904006104576504800438864370.html#%2F2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:57 pm »

Already posted here: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32364.0/topicseen.html

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 12:30:06 pm »

I guess part of the huge price tag is the location.  But the notion of Steampunk as residential "high fashion" is interesting.

I used to participate in a family business whose main purpose was to sell 17th C. - 19th C. European / Spanish inspired "residential fantasies" as I call them (i.e. custom carved architectural facades, fireplaces, fountains, balusters -all in natural limestone) for multimillion dollar homes.  It was "architectural high fashion," as it were.  Did well for a while, but the business went south in the mid 2000's when every low level wealthy person suddenly felt an urge to live an Tuscan grainery / farm house. Every thing was Tuscan this -Tuscan that.... Tuscan food, even barfy romance Movies situated in Tuscany??   Tongue  If you were not selling brown sandstone rocks by the ton you were not in business.

Maybe I can revive the business building Steampunk mansions!

markf
Goggleologist

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »

Doh, missed the origial posting - sorry! markf
Indigo Spire
Officer

Cheers Darlings!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:31:19 am »

Here's a new report from the Wall Street Journal on an interesting apartment for sale.  Much of it is very well done indeed, not sure about the bedroom but the whole enchilada shows a huge injection of imagination. markf
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904006104576504800438864370.html#%2F2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I want to live here.
Miss Phoebe Stallybrass
Gunner

Bluestocking at large

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 04:31:42 pm »

I don't actually want to live there—a bit too hard-edged for me.  They've definitely gone for the "industrial" version of steampunk rather than the polished Victorian.  (Indeed, parts of it almost seem almost more diesel-punk).  I do quite like some of the features, though.  Like the the front door (though I'd like the wheel to be on the INside). And the rolling table in the kitchen--I'd love to see whatever's beneath its glass surface. 

But my favorite feature has to be the glowing dirigible light fixture in the kitchen.  What a great way to incorporate dirigibles into an interior! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: