The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 06:07:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies you wish would be made  (Read 5665 times)
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 04:36:50 pm »

I think you are on something, Rockula

Fixed that for you, BB  Grin

I'll fix you when I see you. Damned impudence!  Grin

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2011, 07:25:17 am »

I think you are on something, Rockula

Fixed that for you, BB  Grin

I'll fix you when I see you. Damned impudence!  Grin

Grin Capt. you made me look back to my post. "Did I really say that?  Embarrassed"

@Rockula, Just say "no" to drugs! (or "maybe"... or "I'll think about it".... or "why not")

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2011, 09:53:42 am »

Rockula, Just say "no" to drugs!

Yeah..right! Roll Eyes

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Micki
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2011, 05:37:02 pm »

I've wanted "The Windsinger" by William Nicholson to become a movie for so long that I'm actually thinking about making it myself. Tongue

Also, Neil Gaimans Sandman books would be awesome! Although I must admit, I believe a lot of fans would be disappointed with a filmatization on the books regardless of how good the movies would be.
bassspine
Snr. Officer

inventor of Castrol-R aftershave

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2011, 10:08:30 pm »

Iain M. Banks' Consider Phlebas

Bwahahaha! They called me mad! MAD! But with my cross-dimensional time-fez I'll show them!!!!! hehehehe!!
DrArclight
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2011, 02:05:35 am »

I'd love to see The Dresden Files turned into actual movies.  Possibly with Nicholas Cage playing Harry Dresden.  I liked him as Balthazar in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.  Thought he had a very Harry Dresden feel to him in that movie.
Ulysses Reynolds
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Just keep on flying.

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2011, 01:10:05 am »

The Boondock Saints...2 Irish vigilantes, I love that movie.  I love cats, but, "IS IT DEAD!?"  Grin  Except as a steampunk movie of course.  (I just realized I did not add that part.  I am thinking faster than I can type.)

D. Oakes It truly is an awesome movie although the second one was kinda missing the charm of the first. Also it isn't dead Troy Duffy is just taking some time off to do another movie first, before he does Boondock Saints 3.

There is a reason for this. And trust me, when a bunch of harry potter geeks think your fucking retarded, you know there is something wrong.
Cosmo Wipplegate
Officer

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2011, 05:10:10 am »

Have you seen
this?

[/quote]

Oh My God.  You have got to be kidding.  I can't wait.  I love the roaches running around the room.
Renegade
Deck Hand

Aces High

ShinyPointy
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2011, 01:29:41 am »

Crimson Skies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Skies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Skies:_High_Road_to_Revenge

Space Captain Smith/Chronicles of Isambard Smith trilogy
http://spacecaptainsmith.com/

Retribution Falls (even if it was a Serenity rip-off!)
http://www.chriswooding.com/the-books/retribution-falls/

Flashman - any and all would be great, or as a Sharpe-style series of TV movies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Paget_Flashman

mark V
Snr. Officer
England England

where's the firing shovel

1CC1_36006
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:25 am »

Has no one mentioned  Pavane  (it's a while since I read it )  but traction engines, road trains and a spot of explosives, I'd watch that       M

general hammer abuser former lawnmower fireman
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 05:18:52 am »

If I could make any movie, it would be Good Omens (my favourite book of all time, you can become my best friend ever just by being able to discuss it with me, lol!). In my dream fantasy world, I would have David Hyde Pierce (Nials from Fraiser) playing Aziphrale, and Christine Bale playing Crowley (I think he does comdeic evil quite well, if anyone has seen American Psycho....). I would still have it set in the 1980s, in the same way Donnie Darko was, with all the awful clothing, now archaic technology (like Ansaphones and the original Transformers) and of course, that Queen soundtrack.

Ah, if only *dreams*

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Sir.KernPatrick
Deck Hand

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 06:30:17 am »

i had a friend wright a script of the story of Christ all in steam punk.
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 07:12:37 am »

i had a friend wright a script of the story of Christ all in steam punk.

the whole story or just the beginning? The end has got Steampunk potential.
Sir.KernPatrick
Deck Hand

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 08:12:55 am »

he did the whole story it was amazing
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 02:48:44 pm »

Has no one mentioned  Pavane  (it's a while since I read it )  but traction engines, road trains and a spot of explosives, I'd watch that       M

That would make a good one.... but as a series of vignettes rather than one coherent plot it could be confusing.  If they did it, they'd probably only do the Prologue, The Lady Margaret, Lords and Ladies, Corfe Gate and the Coda.  Personally though I'd love to see a version of The Signaller done... the huge semaphore towers have masses of potential... 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
inigo jameson-gatling
Officer
Iceland Iceland

lofthussar

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »

"The hills are alive with the sound of hammers"

Steampunk versions of Bladerunner or Logan's Run would be quite novel or films of Boneshaker and Dreadnought, the Cherie Priest books.

You cannot complain about the sky if you suffer airshipwreck for the second time.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 11:46:51 pm »

I have really enjoyed the Erast Fandorin books, written by Boris Akunin. I think they would make a great series of TV films. It would run for years on ITV3!

List of Fandorin books (will contain spoilers)

Russian TV films:-
Azazel/The Winter Queen
The Turkish Gambit
The State Counsellor

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Kryss LaBryn
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

aka Lady Amelia Cottington

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 02:37:33 am »

If I could make any movie, it would be Good Omens (my favourite book of all time, you can become my best friend ever just by being able to discuss it with me, lol!). In my dream fantasy world, I would have David Hyde Pierce (Nials from Fraiser) playing Aziphrale, and Christine Bale playing Crowley (I think he does comdeic evil quite well, if anyone has seen American Psycho....). I would still have it set in the 1980s, in the same way Donnie Darko was, with all the awful clothing, now archaic technology (like Ansaphones and the original Transformers) and of course, that Queen soundtrack.

Ah, if only *dreams*

Well, one has to have Schubert's "Fat-Bottomed Girls" in it. XD I wonder if the same metamorphosis happens to CDs?

I absolutely adore "Good Omens". Periodically I hear rumours of it being made into a film, usually associated with Tim Burton; hopefully some day this will happen? --Actually, IMDB lists it as being "in development" and slated for a 2013 release.

WOOO!!!

Meanwhile, have you read "Girls Next Door" over on DeviantArt? It's a very entertaining fanfic web comic in which Az & Crowley are regulars, and well-handled. http://pika-la-cynique.deviantart.com/gallery/772068?offset=168 (the last one, "Introductions," is the first one. Wink )

"Be clean and courteous; raise your hat, And wipe your boots upon the mat: Such proofs of gentlemanly feeling Are to the ladies most appealing." The Professor's Manuscript - Dorothy L. Sayers
Interstellar Machine
Officer

<>< Straight and Narrow

Interstellarmac
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 06:15:21 am »

I would like to see the movie adaptation of C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy. I think especially the last book could be done very steamily what with the vivisection and all.
Lady Chrystal
Master Tinkerer
Wales Wales

Lady Adventurer, Chronicler

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2011, 06:23:57 am »

I would like to see the movie adaptation of C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy. I think especially the last book could be done very steamily what with the vivisection and all.

#ooh, yes!#

"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."
Lady Chrystal
Master Tinkerer
Wales Wales

Lady Adventurer, Chronicler

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2011, 12:30:40 pm »

Not necessarily Steampunk, but a new writing website has published their The 10 Best Sci-Fi Books That Should Be Box Office Blockbusters Some would be remakes, where they think the existing film needs a little improvment.

I haven't read all of these, but I seriously agree with some of them...

•   The Book of the Long Sun
•   Ender's Game
•   Fahrenheit 451
•   Flatland
•   Neuromancer
•   Slaughterhouse-Five
•   Snow Crash
•   The Stars My Destination
•   Stranger in a Strange Land
•   A Wrinkle in Time

For cast suggestions and other details you can disagree with Grin see:
http://litreactor.com/columns/the-10-best-sci-fi-books-that-should-be-box-office-blockbusters
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 12:57:39 pm »

Further to the many calls for War Of The Worlds, I'd rather see it we a six-part adaptation by the BBC, in the style of the old Sunday tea-time Classic Serials of the seventies and eighties, with the production values of the current Dr. Who series.

No need for a Hollywood star!

Smiley

Angus A Fitziron
Zeppelin Overlord

Research Air Ship R.A.S. 'Saorsa'

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 01:35:14 pm »

I have really enjoyed the Erast Fandorin books, written by Boris Akunin. I think they would make a great series of TV films. It would run for years on ITV3!

List of Fandorin books (will contain spoilers)

Russian TV films:-
Azazel/The Winter Queen
The Turkish Gambit
The State Counsellor

Why, thank you Mr.Wells, just need to brush up on my Russian then - although I note the promise of an english language version of The Turkish Gambit is in the works.

Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 01:50:12 pm »

Further to the many calls for War Of The Worlds, I'd rather see it we a six-part adaptation by the BBC, in the style of the old Sunday tea-time Classic Serials of the seventies and eighties, with the production values of the current Dr. Who series.

No need for a Hollywood star!

Smiley

Those Sunday tea time dramas were excellent. There was a lot of Dickens adaptations as I recall
but the version of Dracula they did back in the 70's with Louis Jourdan as The Count was the closest any version's come to the actual story and they filmed on location in Whitby.

A version of WotW..done with an all British cast..set in Edwardian Britain..with scenes shot on location at places like Horsell Common..with DW production values/budget...now you're talking!!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:08:31 am by Capt. Dirigible » Logged
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 04:17:34 pm »

The Boondock Saints...2 Irish vigilantes, I love that movie.  I love cats, but, "IS IT DEAD!?"  Grin  Except as a steampunk movie of course.  (I just realized I did not add that part.  I am thinking faster than I can type.)

D. Oakes It truly is an awesome movie although the second one was kinda missing the charm of the first. Also it isn't dead Troy Duffy is just taking some time off to do another movie first, before he does Boondock Saints 3.

The set up for it looks like it will be good.  The second one needs to be watched more than once.  I didn't like it at first, but I do now, I think the production was lacking moreso than the plot.  It felt "too well done" if that makes sense.  Got to admit, Noah's first assassin outfit has some steamy potential.   Grin

I now have a movie I wish would be made...the one I am working on.  And apparently as I'm working on mine, one of my friends who started making films 2 years ago is suddenly wanting to make one with a character based on me.  I am very intrigued by what he is coming up with as he wants me to play myself.  He thinks it may end up being his first feature length one.  If it is anything like the short films he has done, it may be quite epic.  I'm just wondering how a non-steampunk person is going to interpret a steampunk. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:19:29 pm by D.Oakes » Logged

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: