The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 10:46:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found myself a nice pocketwatch...  (Read 997 times)
Wirecase
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

« on: July 06, 2011, 08:45:19 am »

Hey guys,

Last weekend I was at the Rock Werchter Festival in Belgium and picked up this pocketwatch, it's new and quartz but I has a steamy feel to it I thought, take a look:

Sorry about the bad quality, I took the pics this morning with my I-phone 3G which takes crappy pics....

To Steampunk or not to Steampunk, that's the question...
Abslomrob
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:50:02 am »

Very nice, aged look; it's a style known as a "Demi-hunter", only whoever designed it didn't research it very well.  Historically, demi-hunters used a hunter class movement (where the crown is at the 3:00 position, like on a wristwatch).  Aside from that (and the big gaudy "Quartz" text that's unfortunately visible through the hunter lid), it looks very nice and "clean".

All my vintages are at http://www.abslomrob.com
Wirecase
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:42:43 am »

Hey, thanks for the input! As one of my favorite sayings is: If it aint broke, take it apart and fix it! I'll take a look to see if I can rotate the mecanics/faceplate 90 degrees counter clockwise.... Oh and while I'm at it, take off that "gaudy "Quartz" " on the faceplate haha  Smiley
Abslomrob
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:05:37 pm »

Rotating the movement would mean the chapter markers on the lid won't line up anymore. Sad
Wirecase
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 01:54:26 pm »

Darn... your right, didn't think of that... I can still take off that Quartz tho Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: