The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 05:35:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk submarine Home Theatre  (Read 3317 times)
Antipodean
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« on: June 23, 2011, 10:42:49 am »

Apparently here - somewhere in New Zealand

Wayne Eyre, a steampunk fan has turned his den into the ultimate steampunk themed room, the Steampunk Submarine Room.

The Steampunk Submarine Room is designed to look like a shipwrecked submarine, and it even features ‘plutonium leaking’ torpedoes, as well as a projector and screen, plus a custom sound system.
The Steampunk Submarine Room cost Wayne $100,000 New Zealand dollars to make , about $72,000 US, and was made using custom peices of MDF, which were then sprayed with concrete and touch up to look like rusted steel beams.

The room even has its own working periscope, along with a full sized bar and some leather recliners.

Submarine RoomDQ

Courtesy of gizmowatch

Did you just go PSSSSSSST at me or have I just sprung a leak?

I'm not retreating, I'm advancing in another direction.
markf
Goggleologist
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:01 am »

If you do a search in BG you will find numerous posts, like the one below, on this home theater build. markf
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18884.0.html

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
Antipodean
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:39:50 pm »

Thanks for the heads-up Markf. I thought I had been everywhere on this forum - just shows how many little gems are actually hidden away deep in the bowls of this good ship.
Dr von Zarkov
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

<Maddest Scientist>

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »

If you do a search in BG you will find numerous posts ...

The BG's 2 search functions do not consistently return complete results. Something is amiss. Moreover, mis-spellings compound the problem. Try searching for "Derringer" when the poster has spelled "Deringer". (This is not an actual example.)

"The fact that I wear the protective coloration of sedate citizenship is a ruse of the fox — I learned it long ago."
– Loren Eiseley
Joeynana
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:46:38 am »

I agree in regards to the search function issues.  These however are not Brass Goggles issues alone, they are shared with just about every forum.  I don't mind the odd re-post especially if the topic in question is an old one (too many and I'm sure the servers would though)

Back to the home theater though.  I really do like this room, however if you want to see an achievable, functional home theater you can't go past Dave Goldberg's recreation of the nautilus (I only wish I had have found it before doing my bathroom) there is a thread on BG however there's a more in depth look at it's construction on www.Nautilussubmarine.com under "full size projects"

In the coming years (after my bathroom and sons bedroom have been completed) I'll tackle our home theater in such a manner.  I just wish I had the technical know-how and the tools Dave does.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:45:01 am by Joeynana » Logged

Blood sweat and tears went into this.
More blood than sweat.
More sweat than tears.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: