The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 07:09:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultracrepidarian Recumbentibus Device  (Read 708 times)
Samuel Pigott
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« on: June 19, 2011, 07:19:31 am »

Ultracrepidarian - One who displays traits of ultracrepidarianism; Of a critic, giving opinions on something beyond his or her knowledge.
Recumbentibus  - "A knockout punch, either verbal or physical."

Or if you will,  "The Know it all Knockout".

Brand new to the site but you Ladies 'n Gents, have been of great inspiration to me (been watching you all closely).
I thought I would join and give it a whirl first hand.

Been working on a little deterrent device for some time now, I believe it may be done. I'll leave that up to you fine folk.

No flashy lights or bells/whistles (though I do have those available), just hopefully a nice looking unit of a curious nature. The inner workings, as to how it subdues the subject are still unknown.
It has been noted, that the tip prob must indeed contact skin to deliver the potential message.
May also be used to keep unruly acquired specimens in line, as we all know, there nothing like a slightly agitated tetrapod on a heated escape attempt.

I did have the inclination to put several miss placed cogs on it, but resisted the compulsion eventually.

The device may come in use to a distinguished gentleman or lady, in the event of spontaneous notorious occupation by an unwanted Ultracrepidarian. These can be known to invade ones personal space, to a degree not wanted by any of a higher class.
Features both options of stun and kill, though stun is said to be advisable in most instances.

Thank you for your scrutiny, any critique will be appreciated and adequately noted.

Regards,

Samuel Pigott
(Mitch)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:18:02 am by Samuel Pigott » Logged
bassspine
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

inventor of Castrol-R aftershave

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:36:45 am »

I like it; there are lots of really intriguing details on the device

Bwahahaha! They called me mad! MAD! But with my cross-dimensional time-fez I'll show them!!!!! hehehehe!!
Samuel Pigott
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 11:15:49 am »

Why thank you bassspine!
The details were indeed time consuming, wanted to do others but went with the less is more approach Smiley
Mr. Phikset
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 04:37:37 pm »

I appreciate the well worn appearance of the metal sleeving on the body of the piece.  What perchance was the handle originally from?

When asked how long something will take, always tell them longer than what you think it will take.  That way if something goes wrong you have time to fix it and if everything goes smoothly then you look like a miracle worker.
 - Scotty
DrArclight
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 07:01:23 pm »

That just screams "sonic screwdriver".  Assuming The Master carried one.  Grin
bassspine
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

inventor of Castrol-R aftershave

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 10:46:53 pm »

I've decided I particularly like the ambiguous switch setting, in stressful situations it could be fun...

"By Jove, you've killed the bally thing! I thought you set the recumbentibus to stun!"
"Actually, so did I"
"Oops"
Samuel Pigott
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:11:12 am »

Mr Phikset, the sleeve or handle? I believe the timber handle was someones attempt, to construct a cooking spoon. They never finished the bowl, just rough cut the spoons shape. I found the timber hidden in a cavity under my home.

DrArclight, the possibilities are endless. To be perfectly frank the true functions of the device are not known, possibly it does has screw driving/undriving options. Smiley I'll attempt to Zap a screw and see what happens.

Bassspine,  fear not! The recumbentibus was issued with a fail safe. If a deathly blow is dealt by mistake, a simple stun blow following shall revive the subjects heart beat.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:15:30 am by Samuel Pigott » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: