The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 01:48:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You know you've been on this forum too long . . .  (Read 5239 times)
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 01:56:35 am »

When you realize that you've not posted in long enough that when you post in a thread all of the other people participating would think you were new here if it wasn't for your rank....

Yeah, I'm familiar with that one as well ::grins::

How about the flip side of that -- when you walk into a thread and wonder where Wraste, the Abileigh, Gazongola and company have gone, still miss Tinkergirl, Her Royal Highness the King Insanity, Cinnamon and Spite, and Morluna, and you actually understand what's going on when someone like Joe brings up pancakes or waffles. >_o
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:58:45 am by Flynn MacCallister » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 02:12:25 am »

When you can't ever be the first to post before longeye or akumabito...

Also, when you recognose users by their signatures when you're skimming through a thread...

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
pakled
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:59 am »

When you find an ebook called 'Edison on Mars' and you download it...or...
You download Boneshaker and then read it in 2 days...Wink
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 03:43:48 am »

When you realize that you've not posted in long enough that when you post in a thread all of the other people participating would think you were new here if it wasn't for your rank....

How about the flip side of that -- when you walk into a thread and wonder where Wraste, the Abileigh, Gazongola and company have gone, still miss Tinkergirl, Her Royal Highness the King Insanity, Cinnamon and Spite, and Morluna, and you actually understand what's going on when someone like Joe brings up pancakes or waffles. >_o
And Captain Fania, and Tobias Warde, and oh wait, was that Helios? And where is the BEEMAN?!?! Or DB?

I'm thankful that Thistlwait came back, I still miss Vagabond GentleMan (Though I do get to see him in real life, yes he is still alive!), and I'm glad that you are still here, Flynn. You and Jerry and Georgia and all the others that have been sticking it out and welcoming the New comers. Smiley

I'm going back to lurking now... Wink *Cheshire fade*
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 04:28:02 am »

And Captain Fania, and Tobias Warde, and oh wait, was that Helios? And where is the BEEMAN?!?! Or DB?

I'm thankful that Thistlwait came back, I still miss Vagabond GentleMan (Though I do get to see him in real life, yes he is still alive!), and I'm glad that you are still here, Flynn. You and Jerry and Georgia and all the others that have been sticking it out and welcoming the New comers. Smiley

OH THE BEEMAN! I'd actually forgotten about him! I really think we might have scared him off by inventing the SBU.... ;p

Someone else I should have mentioned, but didn't is Jake. I really miss him.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:31:43 pm by Flynn MacCallister » Logged
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 07:31:39 am »

... when you know what an SBU actually is, and that it does not (around here) refer to beermaking.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Just call me Rob
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Captain: RD Susurrus

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 09:20:59 am »

When you start recognising the trolls with many accounts by the style of their writing.

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting aiw kwacken.
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 09:24:42 am »

When you start recognizing how a topic will go, based solely on the first post.
It's almost like mageek! Or almost like I've seen the same topic time and time again!
Yeah; the latter.
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Professor Oilcan
Zeppelin Captain

Steam in the blood, birthday 10th March,

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:00 am »

When you realise you have become friends with so many different people all over the world because of the forum and the time you have spent on it, it then transfers itself over to that well known social site and you go from 40 friends to almost 200!!!!!

Professor G O Pivot Oilcan
Teacher of mad Steam related mayhem, mentor to a few mad scientists and owner of the Imperial Steam Powered Airship and Transportation Company.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:34 am »

When you live in New Zealand but get invited to open mic nights you can't play at in pubs you're not old enough to go to in a country you don't live in by people you've never met every week
Jupiter Harsh
Snr. Officer
Italy Italy

aesthete and dandy bohemian

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 10:32:44 am »

When you have at least once increased your total time spent on the forum by 1 day in one day.

Also when you become extreemly uneasy if you are reading a forum and it's not brown

Veni, vidi, castratavi illegittimos
"But we don't really live in the past; we live in the present as it should have been if the entire 20th century hadn't gone so horribly wrong!"
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 01:34:43 pm »

Heheheh, speaking of waffles...
Blake
Gunner

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 09:03:02 pm »

When you have at least once increased your total time spent on the forum by 1 day in one day.

Also when you become extreemly uneasy if you are reading a forum and it's not brown

yep, prefer brown to blue

lost in thought, not vacated the premises.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 10:42:07 pm »

OH THE BEEMAN! I'd actually forgotten about him! I really think we might have scared him off by inventing the SBU.... ;p

Someone else I should have mentioned, but didn't is Jake. I really miss him.

Gosh, now I'm missing Outer_Spaceman :-(

In the meantime, I'll drop Gazongola a text, he'll be amused to know he's been cited in this context

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Mahogany
Officer

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 05:37:52 am »

My first reaction to this way, "Seriously?  Come on, it's not that bad."  Then I went onto another forum and realized, yep, I prefer brown.  The black and blue of the other forum threw me for a loop! XD
Blake
Gunner

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 10:40:36 pm »

My first reaction to this way, "Seriously?  Come on, it's not that bad."  Then I went onto another forum and realized, yep, I prefer brown.  The black and blue of the other forum threw me for a loop! XD

I didn't relise it until i read jupiter harsh's comment and now i seem to notice it with all other webpages not just the forums, fb, etc.
BrethrenAndBetrayer
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 11:44:08 pm »

I didn't relise it until i read jupiter harsh's comment and now i seem to notice it with all other webpages not just the forums, fb, etc.

Yup, same here, I didn't realize it until it was mentioned but I do prefer the brown...

When after an interesting event your first thought is to post it on BG

-Brethren

You know its gonna be a good session when the tech priest rides into battle on the back of a gun-servitor.

There is an extra gear in The Great Machine of the cosmos tonight.
In memory of Richard 'Datamancer' Nagy - 2013
Jupiter Harsh
Snr. Officer
Italy Italy

aesthete and dandy bohemian

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 12:26:20 am »

Brass Goggles: like Facebook only better. And brown.

Tongue
Gendrick
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 12:44:32 am »

whenever you're in mid conversation, and no matter the conversational topic, you will have a statement regarding something witnessed on Brass Goggles.

A Slight catch-phrase of mine is "oh, there's a thread on Brass Goggles..."
Blake
Gunner

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 10:16:48 pm »

whenever you're in mid conversation, and no matter the conversational topic, you will have a statement regarding something witnessed on Brass Goggles.

A Slight catch-phrase of mine is "oh, there's a thread on Brass Goggles..."

lol, i've done that. Get mixed reactions usually seem to get blank faces with huh. When explaining I either get wow thats cool or your weird looks.
Sir Nathaniel Wolf
Officer

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 01:18:39 am »

...I'm actually looking forward to seeing "Total time logged in:" rolling over to 2 days (I tend to lurk more than post, so it's not as fast as most others.)

EDIT: And behold, it is done!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:29:09 am by Sir Nathaniel Wolf » Logged

Quote from: Birdnest
Steam (love of the romantic view of Victorian-era industrialization) - Punk (I don't really give a damn what you think of my goggles and top hat).
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 01:50:01 am »

...I'm actually looking forward to seeing "Total time logged in:" rolling over to 2 days (I tend to lurk more than post, so it's not as fast as most others.)

Hey, lurking counts too!

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Mahogany
Officer

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 03:25:45 am »

Hey, lurking counts too!
  It's such a great feeling, isn't it?  That and when you have a small celebration because you've gone from Deck Hand to Gunner.
Blake
Gunner

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 09:48:05 pm »

got a way to go yet about 13 hours.
MechanicalMouse
Zeppelin Captain

A tall mouse with huge cogs!

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2011, 10:02:44 pm »

When you have been trying to explain steampunk to somebody, and in the end, you suggest that they take a look at www.brassgoggles.co.uk/forum.

... when you have the link printed on you Cartes D'Visite...

So I'm not the only one that does that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: