The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 03:45:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missouri Steampunks role call  (Read 4197 times)
jcbanner
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 04:58:50 am »

I'm bringing up a dead topic, I know.  but necromancy and alchemy are accepted in the steampunk genre, right?

The St Louis region seems to have small local pockets of steampunk groups, well, one of them is trying to put all the groups in touch with each other and give them a way to keep in touch and know about the others' events.  A new website is being developed, http://steampunkstl.com/ for this purpose.

I'm hoping that it gets enough exposure and enough people involved in it to make it worth keeping updated., its mostly bare at the moment, but I think an eye should be kept on it. this may lead to bigger things for the area.

Again, that website is http://steampunkstl.com/

thanks,
-JC
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 08:44:05 pm »

Hello fellow steampunks from Missouri,

I am Santiago Dunbar, captain of the airship Beatrix and purveyor of Santiago Dunbar's Steampunk Surplus on Etsy.

I am a steampunk from St. Louis who has been going to all the Gaslight Squared events at Lola for the past year. It still goes on the last Tuesday of every month from 9am to 1pm. There is always a DJ spinning music for steampunks to dance to, the kitchen is open until 10pm, and a halfoff special on local bears and well drinks. Sometimes we have a burlesque act come in. Last month we had a live band play called Insomniac Folklore who were most excellent.

I believe I met Master Banner at the June Gaslight Squared. I am one of the people he spoke of who have pushed for the Steampunk St. Louis website ( http://steampunkstl.com ) as a way to bring all the various steampunk groups in St. Louis in touch with each other, as it seems to be spread out amongst Facebook, Live Journal, Yahoo Groups, etc... Hopefully with this new website we can advertise each groups events to create more participation and cohesion amongst us all. And, for those not in St. Louis please look up the website should you make a visit to our city so we can welcome you to our events.

Finally, I am also the writer and an actor in a new steampunk webseries called "Dirigible Days" ( www.dirigibledays.com ) that is filming in St. Louis this summer. We are lucky to have Vernian Process creating our theme song and Anthony Daniels from Star Wars doing our opening narration. We plan on premiering each episode at Gaslight Squared as they are completed.

May the wind be at your backs,
Santiago Dunbar
Captain, S.S. Beatrix

May the wind be at your backs,
Santiago Dunbar
Captain, S.S. Beatrix
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 04:38:29 am »

Steampunks in Missouri unite! (Well, if you are in the area, that is). The next edition of St. Louis' only monthly steampunk night "Gaslight Squared" is on the horizon! This night of music, dance, drink, and food occurs the last Tuesday of every month at Lola on Washington Avenue from 8pm until midnight. Here is the official run down!

Gaslight², the Gateway City's only monthly steampunk event at Lola, brought to you by St. Germain elderberry liqueur!

All are welcome to join our celebration of all things steampunk/retro-futuristic/19th Century/Victorian Age/Wild West! Costumes are encouraged but certainly not required. As always DJs MC² and Monsieur Gaston will be on hand for your aural and dancing pleasures, Lola's kitchen will be offering delicious fare until 10pm, and drink specials will be special all night.

Also, this month the Baron Bon Bar of Clockwork's Creations will be offering his wares of leather, glass, and metal including libation dispensing mechanisms and Tarot readings. If the airship Beatrix makes a landing then Santiago Dunbar's Steampunk Surplus will be selling unique adventurer's medals gathered from across the aethersphere.

This month we will be screening the second episode of St. Louis' own steampunk webseries "Dirigible Days."

21+
 Half off local beers and well drinks
 $3 cover - No cover before 9pm!

Check out this link for all the fun details. https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar#!/events/109673882523703/
ClockworkRaja
Gunner

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 01:20:22 am »

I'm on the North Eastern edge of Mo and always have wondered if I was the only one! Lol

Hannibal Haberdashery and Optical Gadget Emporium
https://www.facebook.com/HannibalHaberdashery
jcbanner
Officer

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 09:29:42 pm »

I think I have heard of a few up in the NE part of the state. there is a central state group that I think pulls a few people from up there.
B.Rothnacht
Swab

Captain of Airship Batty Fang

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 09:23:10 pm »

Guten Tag! I know the thread is a bit old but I'd rather peeve a few fellows off and gain some new contacts than miss an opportunity like this. I'm Brendon or Bruno Rothnacht, Captain of the Airship Batty Fang. We are based out of the Mid-MO area around Columbia and Jefferson City. I'm still a novice when it comes to RP and steampunk but I am learning fast. Our airship is currently four strong and still looking for more crew members. A lot of our members are currently going to Columbia College or have graduated from it recently.

Guten Tag.
~Hauptmann Bruno Rothnacht
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 04:40:17 pm »

Hi Brendon I grew up in Columbia and live near by.  There are a few steampunks around and more seam to come in with each wave of students that wash upon our shores.  Bumping old threads is fine we aren't the most busy place and people can get notifications when new things are posted in old threads.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
James Golba
Deck Hand

Gravatar

I have regain my muchness.

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 05:23:12 pm »

Hello, I am in the Waynesville/Rolla area. Hopefully I am not the only one out here. Look forward to making friends.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: