The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 05:54:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad behavior  (Read 909 times)
Abraham Cog
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: April 26, 2011, 06:18:37 pm »

Sorry if this has already been on another thread, but I see 798 posts have had to be blocked for bad behavior. Tell me, are these people sick, thick  or just stupid. Do they realy think there is the remotest  chance someone might find their purile drivel amusing? Angry
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:22:15 pm »

They didn't bring enough Gin or tea to be allowed to play with the brass goggles club! Tongue

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Professor of Applied Paleontology, Miskatonic U.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:15:49 pm »

I am not a moderator on this board, but the owners of the venue have some very strict policies on what constitutes proper intercourse.  I know of several former posters who could not refrain from bringing politics or religion into any given conversation, and who refused to adjust to the standards of the house.  They have been banned, mostly for being bull-headed and confrontational.

I do not if your 798 posts were from such folks, but I would not be surprised if they constituted a plurality of the blocks.

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Aleister Crow
Zeppelin Overlord

It's only an Unnamable Horror until you name it.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:11 pm »

Those weren't blocked posts- they were blocked accounts. Bad Behavior is a spam blacklist. That link is also at the bottom of the page, with the current running total. We're up to 800.

'How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcome little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!'
Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:51:23 pm »

836.  Never paid any attention to that before.  Hrrmm...
Learn something new every day.
Professor Oilcan
Zeppelin Captain

Steam in the blood, birthday 10th March,

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:27:34 am »

859 now

Professor G O Pivot Oilcan
Teacher of mad Steam related mayhem, mentor to a few mad scientists and owner of the Imperial Steam Powered Airship and Transportation Company.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:32 am »

It saves Harold from having to jump on them, I suppose.

To be quite honest, this community is probably one of the best-behaved ones on the internet. The vast majority of post that are reported are either spammers or to let us know that a thread's been double-posted or is in the wrong board, and that's quick and easy to fix.

It's rather uncommon that someone actually gets upset enough to actually complain about another member, which reflects well on the forum as a whole.  Smiley

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 11:46:11 am »

Or it means people are settling their arguments in the gentlemanly manner! Pistols at dawn and all that.
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 12:16:38 pm »

Or it means people are settling their arguments in the gentlemanly manner! Pistols at dawn and all that.
~Longeye~

Quite right.  If I am delayed, please feel free to start without me.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:36 pm »

It's rather uncommon that someone actually gets upset enough to actually complain about another member, which reflects well on the forum as a whole.  Smiley

Yes I am for ever indebted to this forums "good humour" (normally I don't last 3 weeks). BG and the retro gaming clan are the only people that will have me. Cheesy

Gunner Gregson
Snr. Officer
England England

Hired Gun, Gunsmith

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 01:16:24 am »

I have to say i have been suprised on many an ocassion, when my opinion has not been thrown back in my face, like many other forums.

everyone is entitled to an opinion, and here it doesnt turn into a shouting match, which i do find a very welcome change.

i do hope the friendliness and politeness continues for the forseeable future.

i have enjoyed my time here very much, i dont get a huge amount of time to do steampunk projects, or even attend events, i really should, but the thought of turning up on my own seems a little daunting.
please accept my many thanks at making me feel extremely welcome here, the posts are great, informative and fun.

Thank You

Ananias S. Wildwire  AKA. Gunner Gregson

Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.
Abraham Cog
Snr. Officer

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:33:58 am »

Wow. A real live mench!!
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 02:33:04 am »

At least here, spammers  are the exception rather than the rule. Thankfully this board is mostly inhabited by adults with a fondness for an era where manners and civility were admirable traits.

For comparison, pay a visit to the official Minecraft forum sometime. More flames and trolls than the last Lord of the Rings movie.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:09:12 am by Herbert West » Logged

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
Lt. Thomas Corvidae
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Artist and Collector of Curious Things

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 02:59:46 am »

That is an awful lot of flames and trolls. And now we have reached 943! Wow, really people, it is not that hard to be polite. In fact, I would argue that it is probably easier to be polite. Fewer nasty repercussions.

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
Archibald_Broce
Deck Hand

Brevity is the soul of wit- Shakespeare

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 08:32:10 pm »

To be quite honest, this community is probably one of the best-behaved ones on the internet. The vast majority of post that are reported are either spammers or to let us know that a thread's been double-posted or is in the wrong board, and that's quick and easy to fix.

Agreed. I am quite pleased with the friendliness, cordiality and responsiveness of the members of this board. I have not seen an instance of snobbery or arrogance to newcomers, such as myself or any hurtful or otherwise gratuitous snarkiness that is so popular on other boards I am a part of.

Avanti, Avanti!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: