The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 04:46:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Collective Thread for All Them Guns Pt. II  (Read 215199 times)
Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 12:16:44 pm »

Well its Waltz on the Wye for us this weekend so its time for some steampunk gun.

I started off with a plastic gun (yeah I know  Embarrassed ) from a poundland playset.

After having a play with the rubber dart mechanism I removed it and reversed the inner barrel, we are on a tight buget so this was made with bits and pieces I had in the garage, some red acryilc paint and some silver car touch up paint.

Some copper wire and a lengh of copper brake pipe, and the missus did the fillegree with nail varnish.

A buget prop for £1 and a root around the garage...

I used a similar £1 gun as a base myself

The grip sent into this one
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And the Barrel into this

Visit my Facebook page Jason's Gems Jewellery at jasonsgemsjewellery
or my website Jason's Gems
JohnOdin
Snr. Officer
Wales Wales

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 02:11:04 pm »

Oh I like the triple barrel, Gives me ideas Smiley

And a touch of the Mauser in the second one?
Thomas MSwift
Officer
United States United States

@AdmiralSwift
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 12:28:04 am »

That triple barrel array was a set of trumpet or cornet valves in a previous life! DE-lightful!

"The realm between planets is filled with the luminiferous ether."
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 05:04:36 am »

Oh I like that gun, oh yes I do.

Many thanks.  Though I must warn you, you are complementing a confederate lol.

I don't think it looks to bad for my first gun, and a complete scratch built at that.  Only plastic part is the pvc barrel.  I've made a few other things; an eye chart and model airship for the flight school I put on at the Emerald City Steampunk Expo in Wichita last November. But this is the first carry around prop that I've built.  I've got a few construction shots if anyone is interested in seeing them

Your not the only Rebel I stand against. I do find it odd we share the same last name though!

Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 09:22:47 am »

Oh I like the triple barrel, Gives me ideas Smiley

And a touch of the Mauser in the second one?

A pot metal toy Mauser pistol modded a little.  It's smaller that the real thing

That triple barrel array was a set of trumpet or cornet valves in a previous life! DE-lightful!

Absolutely correct, a battered non functioning £10 trumpet from a charity shop
josecou
Snr. Officer

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2011, 10:09:47 pm »

hmm... i have been thinking of making a candle holder that i found at a thrift store into a ray gun. All it really needs is a handle. I'll try to post a picture sometime later.
Parallax
Gunner

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011, 10:54:34 am »

Hey guys, I'm killing two birds with one stone here since I hadn't posted here yet and therefore haven't been getting automatic updates and I actually have a purpose to post now=D So I just started this thread for my work in progress and wasn't going to post the pix here since it wasn't finished but it's been like 5 whole minutes and nobody has posted so extreme measures must be taken=P

Anyways here's the item of question...

and here's the thread that post should be made in...ideally

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31463.0.html
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 12:32:50 pm »

Bit of a 'Sunday quicky' here.

At the market this morning I picked up one of those old electric massage vibrator machines that already look like a ray gun, ripped out the broken motor and the electrics, added a vase barrel to the front and an oxy-acetalyne gauge on the top, polished up the bits and got myself another ray gun.

It looks a bit 'Flash Gordon' ish, but I do like the polished steel and brass combination look.

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
markf
Goggleologist

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 01:30:48 pm »

At the market this morning I picked up one of those old electric massage vibrator machines that already look like a ray gun, ripped out the broken motor and the electrics, added a vase barrel to the front and an oxy-acetalyne gauge on the top, polished up the bits and got myself another ray gun.

It looks a bit 'Flash Gordon' ish, but I do like the polished steel and brass combination look.

Pretty neat, and given its vibrating roots, our Lady Clankington would be proud of you (though I suspect she'd probably characterize it as a bit Flesh Gordon-ish).  markf

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2011, 11:45:08 pm »

For those who missed out on getting a WETA Rightous Bison unpainted for the RPF competition - there are now a few in stock following cancellations.

http://www.wetanz.com/the-righteous-bison-unpainted/from/brand

Remember - you need to be an RPF forum member to get one.
Vermithrax
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »

G'day all,

As you can see by the post count, I am probably the rawest of newbs floating around at the moment. Anyways, this evening at the shops I was looking wistfully over the nerf gun display with an eye to make my first steampunk conversion. My son noticed and asked what I was planning, telling me after that I CAN HAVE HIS COLLECTION...!!! (He prefers swords and his Xbox)

This is what I have to play with now, in honour of his donation though, I want to do the collection justice...

Suggestions greatly appreciated before I start any cutting/drilling etc...

Cheers
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2011, 03:25:40 pm »

Get your son involved in the mods is my number one suggestion.  The best result would be inspiring your son to make things with his hands and not just play with xbox.  You have plenty to work with.  Start with a joint project, then maybe a little competition between to the two of you.  Best of luck. Keep us posted please.

Parallax
Gunner

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:41 pm »

What's the fastest you've ever clocked a buggy going and how much was the citation officer? lol, jk=P
MagnaRyu
Deck Hand

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2011, 09:47:34 pm »

I found this cool looking gun on a wholesale site.
http://www.escoimports.com/toys-by-theme/guns-swords/9-cap-gun

It looks really cool and i love how it breaks to load in the cap rings for it.  A little modification and you could make it into a futuristic gun that takes "energy cells".

The only thing is you have to buy in bulk which is 24 of these guns for like 30bucks

I've found other cool looking guns just begging to be modified from that site.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:49:39 pm by MagnaRyu » Logged
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2011, 09:25:49 pm »

$30 seems pretty good. If they're not too poorly made you could make each one different or make two bandoliers and wear them in a 'x' with 12 on each side-hello  Roll Eyes

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
MagnaRyu
Deck Hand

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2011, 06:00:07 am »

$30 seems pretty good. If they're not too poorly made you could make each one different or make two bandoliers and wear them in a 'x' with 12 on each side-hello  Roll Eyes

that would be bad ass
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2011, 02:41:47 am »

that would be bad ass

My god that's a great idea!
MagnaRyu
Deck Hand

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2011, 05:44:04 am »

You can also buy a box of Pirate Pistols and Rifles from the site as well
josecou
Snr. Officer

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:56 am »

I've found other cool looking guns just begging to be modified from that site.

There are a lot of cool guns there! I like the pirate pistol and the sparkling space gun.
Swayback
Gunner

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2011, 04:28:19 pm »

Hey-
  Very Inspriring guns.   I finally decided to jump in and build a steampunk gun.  I make lots of things, but never worked with brass much.  So a Iearned a bunch of new skills and had a good time doing it.  Here's what I came up with:

It's built from candle holders and lamp parts.  There are LEDs behind marble finials (I was really pleased with how the light reflects from all the bubbles in the glass) and in the sight.

Now I'm trying to decide what to do next with all the leftover parts.

Thanks for looking.

Ocelot
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Gravatar

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2011, 04:37:39 pm »

That's superb, and I love the lighting effects.  Smashing work!

"It just...  Sort of...  Came off."
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »

Excellent work! 
Angus A Fitziron
Zeppelin Overlord

Research Air Ship R.A.S. 'Saorsa'

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2011, 05:12:37 pm »

A gun with balls, in more ways than one...

Nice job!

Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"
SpaceClown
Snr. Officer

It's not stupid, it's ADVANCED!

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2011, 08:36:01 pm »

Hey-
  Very Inspriring guns.   I finally decided to jump in and build a steampunk gun.  I make lots of things, but never worked with brass much.  So a Iearned a bunch of new skills and had a good time doing it.  Here's what I came up with:

It's built from candle holders and lamp parts.  There are LEDs behind marble finials (I was really pleased with how the light reflects from all the bubbles in the glass) and in the sight.

Thanks for looking.

Very, very cool.  sleek, elegant and looks highly functional.  Kudos

SC

There is no problem in the world that cannot be overcome with the suitable application of high explosives.

First Build: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31253.0.html
Captain Braid
Snr. Officer

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2011, 08:07:15 am »

Hey-

Thanks for looking.

Oh My, that is rather splendid.
"Now I'm trying to decide what to do next with all the leftover parts." ...May I suggest another gun?

Experienced enough to know my limitations,
Old enough to know better,
Relaxed enough not to care.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: