The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 09:55:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A greenhorn's question regarding prop guns....  (Read 5069 times)
Gunslinger67
Deck Hand
United States United States

Guerrilla Machinist

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:27 pm »

Ahhhh.  .  .  .  Henry Bowman , one of my favorite fictional characters Grin

.....and the road becomes my bride .
Μολὼν λαβέ
Dr von Zarkov
Zeppelin Captain

<Maddest Scientist>

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 09:37:27 pm »

Yet another route that I'm leaning towards , in fact quite heavily , is the period correct Schutzen target rifles . Especially around the rear stock and fancy , swoopy , trigger guard , along the lines of this beautiful Winchester High Wall .

The Schutzen , single-shot , black powder cartridge target rifles of the late 19th and early 20th century , in my opinion anyways , have a very classical-sexy , and quite steamy look to them . I've been a fan of them for many years  , and now that I think of it .  .  .  I'm surprised I didnt think of it earlier  Undecided

The more I think of it , a Schutzen-Dragoon revolving rifle,  with about an 18-20" barrel , and a heavy 'steamy' feel to her , might just be what I'm longing for .

Definitely. Absolutely. The Schutzen pictured is very much in the spirit of Jules Verne.

"The fact that I wear the protective coloration of sedate citizenship is a ruse of the fox — I learned it long ago."
– Loren Eiseley
The Inventor
Snr. Officer

Cascadia now and forever

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 07:36:07 am »

Sir !
 you are a man of excellent tastes.
Loved Firefly, and Cherie Priest's book is my first "modern" steampunk novel that I've read too.

As for your firearm, I think it's perfectly acceptable as it is !
I am a machining student in the Wilds of Oregon, who's planning on building largely non-firing prop guns for folks I know. I'd love to pick your brain about this project you have planned.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: