The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 04:30:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help finding battery  (Read 1098 times)
wrenchhead
Snr. Officer
Iraq Iraq

« on: April 14, 2011, 07:44:56 pm »

Hey. I'm in Iraq right now, so I can't just run down the the corner store and find the right battery for this watch. I took it out a couple months ago and forgot to ask my wife for another battery, and I've lost the original battery, so I'm kinda stuck. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Jake

PS: Here's a picture of the face if anyone happens to recognize it by appearance and can compare theirs for me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:52:44 pm by wrenchhead » Logged

Era
Gunner
United States United States

teahousekitten
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 03:07:56 pm »

It's hard to tell just by eyeballing it from a photo, but the approximate size looks like an Energizer 370-371 to me. (I work in a watch kiosk putting batteries in all day, so I'm used to guessing this sort of thing, though I might be wrong.)

(edit) Is there any chance you can get a measurement of the diameter of the battery chamber for me in millimeters, as well as the depth (also in mm)? I can compare the two measurements with the batteries at work to get you a better verdict.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:09:49 pm by Era » Logged

--------------------
Lady Era Wakely
Historian. Scholar. Polymath.
wrenchhead
Snr. Officer
Iraq Iraq

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 03:26:40 pm »

Glad you came along, Era. I don't have a micrometer, but I'm gonna say gauging on the crappy rule I have available that it's exactly 1CM across and no more than 3mm thick.

Thanks!
-Jake
Era
Gunner

teahousekitten
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »

Okay! I'll be going into work tomorrow evening (today is Easter holiday), so I'll take some battery measurements for you then and get back to you with my final verdict. Just by seeing it and the size you've described, I really do think it's a 370, but the thickness of the socket also determines that; some batteries are the same diameter but different heights (a 364 and a 321 are semi-interchangeable for this reason, but the watch may run down more quickly on the shorter battery, or the larger battery may prevent the case from closing.)

I'll probably post back to you around 6 or 7pm EST.
wrenchhead
Snr. Officer
Iraq Iraq

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 04:31:46 pm »

thanks again. and happy easter.

-Jake
Era
Gunner

teahousekitten
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 03:52:27 am »

Sorry for the delay. I did some measuring, and I'm almost certain that's a size 370/371 battery now.
wrenchhead
Snr. Officer
Iraq Iraq

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:07:09 am »

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. Now to see if I can get the wife to send me one.

-Jake
Era
Gunner

teahousekitten
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:13:26 pm »

Any time! If she can't find one anywhere else, she should be able to get one at Radio Shack.

Glad to help!
Era
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: