The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 18, 2021, 06:08:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! Mk. III  (Read 124134 times)
proteus
Devourer of Ugly Baked Goods
Administrator
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Gravatar

brasstech
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:32:48 pm »

The previous thread got to be over 100 pages; out of politeness to the poor clanks carrying that stack of replies, the old one was locked, and this one created to carry on the conversation!

This means that the old thread will be pruned from Off Topic within 90 days, unless someone moves it to the OT Historical Society or stickies it. Petition your moderator if you want to see either of those things happen.

--
"Politics and religion are just like software and hardware. They all suck, the documentation is provably incorrect, and all the vendors tell lies." — Andrew Dalgleish

How To Financially Support Brass Goggles — now with a subscription option!
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:18:03 pm »

And I'm the first one here!!!
My gaaaah for tomorrow evening: sour legs from riding my bike to work. 35km one way. I've done it before, but this is my first time after a winter stop of sports. At 5 am the alarmclock will be ringing. At 6 I should be on my bike and out of town.

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »

A few weeks back I came home to discover a note pushed through my letterbox from the tenants office saying I absolutely must be at home the next day as it was imperative that my fire escape door was checked. I took the day off and no one turned up!

Last week I got another letter saying they needed to check the fire escape door. I checked they were actually coming round this time and on Monday morning a lady turned up, was happy that I had no furniture or anything blocking access to it and that I stil had the key in the lock. She left satisfied.

I came home today to find a not saying they had called to check my fire escape door and  there was no one in so can I please make an appointment asap for them to come and check it!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!

What is wrong with these people??? Doesn't anybody in that office talk to each other?? Do they not make a note of when a house has been checked  or do they think we're all sitting about  at home with nothing better to do than wait for them while counting our benefit handouts and watching Jeremy Kyle???

W@nk3rs!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:23:33 am by Capt. Dirigible » Logged

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:15:24 am »

I've made it!!! 35km in exactly two hours. Nice ride only...
I've lost the key of my bike chain somewhere along the way!!!
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 05:13:47 pm »

The doctor cut me off of caffeine...  Now the withdrawals are setting in...  Massive, MASSIVE headache, and my loverly daughter is banging on a homeade drum (a juicy juice bottle with the cap taken off), and shaking all of her little plastic beads around and around, while scream/singing nonsense lyrics...

The bright side?  At least she's on key!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Arceye
Zeppelin Admiral

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:31 pm »

Walking through Cambridge with my Sis. For those who do not know Cambridge, it's a University town, with lots of bicycles....the gahhhh is that half of them had rusty chains! How much effort does it take to apply a squirt of aerosol oil or whatever to a bike chain?

There is nothing that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper
LizerSparkes
Zeppelin Captain

I's some crazy, b'y...

DrillBoysGirl
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:25:56 am »

Trying to get my trial balance done for my accounting project, and I'm $219.40 out of sync somewhere... No idea how...

"PLC, and reach for the stars." - F. "Bucky" Laughlin
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:21:28 am »

I have somewhat of an unusual gaaaah. I thought I would struggle at work given how tense things were during training and how I got in a fight with the boss etc, but things have taken a weird twist. I can now do no wrong. The other girls have been screamed at, punished, belittled and made to feel like idiots, and yet I get praise every day and have been given some extra resonsibilities. It is nice to be praised at work and recognised for doing good, but the other girls are starting to resent it. They have, for example, arranged a night out, and I haven't been invited. I don't want to cause a rift between my co workers and myself, but I have no idea what to do. I don't go to work to make friends, but I also dont want to be singled out!

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 11:10:55 am »

Something the ex said just keeps buzzing around my head like an annoying little fly.

‎"I can see I didn't exactly make a bad choice."

What he said doesn't bother me, because I know I'm worth having and people have noticed. No, what bothers me is how obnoxious that statement was. Was it meant to hurt me? Was it meant to make me angry? Was it meant to annoy me as much as it does?

Either way, the statement makes me roll my eyes.

Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html
jarmara
Snr. Officer
England England

Tea anyone?

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 12:17:36 pm »

I have somewhat of an unusual gaaaah. I thought I would struggle at work given how tense things were during training and how I got in a fight with the boss etc, but things have taken a weird twist. I can now do no wrong. The other girls have been screamed at, punished, belittled and made to feel like idiots, and yet I get praise every day and have been given some extra resonsibilities. It is nice to be praised at work and recognised for doing good, but the other girls are starting to resent it. They have, for example, arranged a night out, and I haven't been invited. I don't want to cause a rift between my co workers and myself, but I have no idea what to do. I don't go to work to make friends, but I also dont want to be singled out!
You have shown to your boss that you have a backbone and that you are not a whinner your boss I'm sure see's that as plus and that she can rely on you for a truthful answer, sounds like she is pushing the others to see what they are made off,they might not last long looks like you have already proven your worth,In my humble oppionion that is .

"If you are cold,Tea will warm you.
If you are too heated,It will cool you.
If you are depressed,It will cheer you.
If you are excited,It will calm you." Gladstone.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 12:45:49 pm »

It is a quote in a vacuum; meaning little without context. Bad choice regarding what? Last nights burrito? Its dark mirror, when said as a statement you see what you want to see. A tale of sound and fury signifying nothing. As an unsolvable equation it is meant to go round and round and round, as it can do nothing else. Question is was it said on purpose (in a passive aggressive kind of way) or is your ex just generally vague and predominantly pointlessly cryptic? 

"The man who never makes sense never says sorry."

Something the ex said just keeps buzzing around my head like an annoying little fly.

What he said doesn't bother me, because I know I'm worth having and people have noticed. No, what bothers me is how obnoxious that statement was. Was it meant to hurt me? Was it meant to make me angry? Was it meant to annoy me as much as it does?

Ezra Hogbin
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Sir Hilary Codswallop, at your service

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 03:04:31 pm »

My Gah?
My ineptitude!!

My daughter received an award at school last night.
I was in position with my camera so that when she received the award and shook hands with the Professor, I could get the shot. Missed it! Someone walked in front of me!
So, as we were leaving I accosted the Headmistress and got a shot with her shaking my daughter's hand, as though presenting the award. I rushed the shot as there were crowds of people leaving and managed to cut the bottom off the award.

Double GGAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 03:16:15 pm »

Sounds to me like he's missing you, but in serious denial.  Either that, or he's just trying to be a d***.  Or he could be upset that you're not in tears begging him to come back beacuse you just cant live without him.  So if he can hurt you in some way, it will help him feel like more of a man. 

Personally, I'd go with the "he's a d***," for the plain and simple fact that sounds exacly like something I would have done when I was a much younger, much less intelligent male.  I was an egotistical womanizer who liked his breakups to be as memorable as they were devistating (to my everlasting shame.).

I don't want to cause a rift between my co workers and myself, but I have no idea what to do. I don't go to work to make friends, but I also dont want to be singled out!

First off, congrats on the turnaround with your boss!  Second, I'm in a similar situation-where I turned in that guy for hitting my ankle, his entire department are out to get me (the phrase "Watch your back," has been used by other employees).  I'd not worry about them in the long run-sounds to me like your average childish "teacher's pet" type stuff.  You're doing a good job, keep it up! 

Anyway, on to MY gaaaaaaaaaaaah:
Very minor-we're out of bread, and I have been craving a grilled ham and cheese with pickle...  Now I have to go to the store if I want one.  That's a quarter hour round trip, and I really do not feel like it (I feel like being lazy today).  Ah well, if I want it, I'll have to go and get it.

Nothing good comes easy!  GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

Can we shop it? Cheesy

My Gah?
My ineptitude!!

My daughter received an award at school last night.
I was in position with my camera so that when she received the award and shook hands with the Professor, I could get the shot. Missed it! Someone walked in front of me!
So, as we were leaving I accosted the Headmistress and got a shot with her shaking my daughter's hand, as though presenting the award. I rushed the shot as there were crowds of people leaving and managed to cut the bottom off the award.

Double GGAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Ezra Hogbin
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 04:54:35 pm »

Can we shop it? Cheesy

Yes we can!
(That's another character altogether!  Cheesy  )

Yep, I'm hoping a bit of judicious Photoshop can retrieve the situation. That's my job for the weekend.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 07:34:28 pm »

Well if you need a hand, you have my various and varied addresses.
Ezra Hogbin
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 09:22:02 pm »

Well if you need a hand, you have my various and varied addresses.

Thanks  Wink
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 11:47:54 pm »

The fact that my anger and PTSD are now beyond a joke.

My flashbacks are getting worse, and a bit more frequent. My shakiness when I get angry is now at a point where it makes my muscles spasm and then they lock up. My anger is infrequent, but when I loose it I really do, and I don't want to. My Father was pretty damn terrible with his anger towards Mother and I, and I don't want to turn out like that, and it terrifies me that I may have inadvertantly made that happen.

I need a hug, damn it.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 12:03:26 am »

HUGS!

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 12:11:24 am »

HUGS!

Thankyou, I needed a REALLY big set of hugs.

*return hugs, and hands a cookie*  Day improved slightly.
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 01:02:29 am »

Lady Ava, I also give you a hug.
Unfortunately I have my own GAH, though it is NSFW language wise.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rant over, I return you to your regularly scheduled event.
~Longeye~
Alptraum
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 01:55:05 am »

You said it, Longeye. My mother's car was broken into 3 times in a day once.... it's like the fuckers follow us around. Oh so many bikes have been lost to them, despite my best efforts (does 2 iron gates and a hardwood door sound easy to you?!). GRARGH!!!

*ahem*

In other news...

I'm sorry, I forgot who it was what with the thread change and all, but to deal with ants, colour in a large section of the floor they walk on with chalk, as dense as possible, and do not give them any ways around it. With a bit of trial and error, you'll be able to see where they come from pretty easily. I've managed to get rid of a couple of invasions like that - find the entrance point, go crazy on the wall and floors around it with chalk, and for some reason they just stopped.

Hey, it's worth a try before poisoning them..
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 04:15:53 am »

My dear Lady Ava, you have my sympathy, my thoughts, and as comforting a hug as I can offer you!  The only thing I can offer you is what my therapist gave me shortly after I started going to him:

Spoiler: Video link (click to show/hide)

It's not much, but it may help you feel a little better.  It helped me.  ALOT of their stuff helped me.  Another thing I found comforting/helpful is Psalms 31...  Even if you're not religious (I myself am not-can't stand the church personally...), I've found that wisdom and comfort are universal.

You'll be alright, it just takes time...  It will get better!

Any time you need to talk, just hit me up.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 08:03:07 am »

getting up six hours before my usual wake time, after an especially short and non restful night, to go to and appointment. Then sitting through six hours straight of aptitude and skills testing.

Then having to wait for a month to proceed with finding out what job and or education choices this offers me.

Guess what we learned today, I suck at taking those silly test. I have a spoken vocabulary well in eccess of most of my peers and thanks to some disabilities I cannot ever tell if they are bloody spelled right. I can picture fourth dimensional hyperspheres and Klien Bottles, even finding ways to explain it to those who can't envision such things but when you put 5PP4 x 8P7 = 4910P88 and expect me to find the vale of P and it's one of twelve similar questions placed randomly through 30 other math problems to be solved in 15 mins.

GaaaaHHhh!

I can look at a list of words and tell you the latin or greek roots of many of then and infer their meaning from that but the stupid multiple choice answers have three possible synonyms out of five that could be right depending on context but none are exact matches, I'm supposed realise what the dingus writing the test was shooting for. And then we've got those wonderful: _ is to house as Cheese is to _ . I actually sat in that little closet all by myself glaring at the page mumbling "You want me to set you on fire, don't you"

It was clear to me that the test writers lack some thinking skills, as many of the things that were meant to not correlate could be matched and some of the things they must have been assuming were obvious choices were formed in a cultural biased and differing frame of referance than my own. Oh and you only get ten mins for that one and twice in that time the administrator came back into the tiny room to get something and then left again.

These things always make me feel like a mentally deficiant chimp. I'm sure I did reasonbly on much of it, and very well in other aspects, but it was very clear I f-ed up the maths. And It's likely I underperformed in one or two other tests (there were over twelve individual tests) but I can't guess which ones, and I have to wait a month to get the results.

sorry for the long grumble, I'm over tired and hating that I can never seem to test though these things I know better than many of the people teaching these topics in schools..

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 09:57:58 am »

Gahhhh since I've had next to no sleep =    -10 good mood points.
The support I find for the brilliant people on this forum and how greatful I am =     +50 points.

Thankyou, all of you Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: