The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 12:12:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aid for those not so dexterous with the æther (how to post links and images)  (Read 29163 times)
proteus
Devourer of Ugly Baked Goods
Administrator
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Gravatar

brasstech
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2012, 02:42:31 am »

it let you browse and choose directly from the file on your computer/harddrive, no internet uploading to photosites necessary. Sooooo easy.

Unfortunately, because Brass Goggles is hosted in the US it is subject to the DMCA; a piece of legislation that requires us to have a process in place to deal with copyright infringement claims in order to protect ourselves from liability. Hosting images ourselves makes that process a lot more complicated and fraught; the Steampunk Empire uses a platform called Ning that handles all that for them (in exchange, the Empire has somewhat less flexibility in terms of implementing forum features).

I have had excellent success using Minus[/i] as an image host -- merely drag and drop a photo to upload, then copy the "direct link" it gives you for use on the forum.

--
"Politics and religion are just like software and hardware. They all suck, the documentation is provably incorrect, and all the vendors tell lies." — Andrew Dalgleish

How To Financially Support Brass Goggles — now with a subscription option!
JR Murray
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:32 am »

thankyou, works a treat!

Cheers!
Ian Mcbean
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2013, 01:26:54 am »

I'm rather rather computer illiterate, hence my question. In entering one's signature, where does one enter it, in the box for reply? Thanks for the assistance.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2013, 02:38:39 am »

I'm rather rather computer illiterate, hence my question. In entering one's signature, where does one enter it, in the box for reply? Thanks for the assistance.

Signatures are assigned in your user profile. At the top of the page (all BG forum pages...), under the "Steampunk Forum" banner, there is a small bar with various options (Home, Help, Search, and Profile,etc). Click 'profile' and on the box at the left of the new page, click the "Forum Profile Information" option. Near the bottom of this page is the box where you can write your message signature (you cant miss it). Finally at the very bottom right of the page, click the "change profile" button. Done!  Smiley

Your message signature will only appear once in posting to *each* new topic, additional posts in the same thread will not show the sig (to save forum bandwith).

Hope that helps.  Smiley

SS

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2013, 05:04:47 am »

Your message signature will only appear once in posting to *each* new topic, additional posts in the same thread will not show the sig (to save forum bandwith).
I thought it was your first post on each page, isn't it? Let me just check…

EDIT: Yes, once per page.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Ian Mcbean
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2013, 07:49:54 am »

Thanks, worked out nicely.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »

Testing new signature with link, I hope I did it right...

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2013, 03:59:04 am »

Testing new signature with link, I hope I did it right...

It's a frog!

(So I guess it worked)

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2014, 05:07:25 pm »

I am so new to this kind of thing that only do I not know how to start a thread, I don't even know the proper place to find out. Sorry for hijacking this one.

C.

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »

I am so new to this kind of thing that only do I not know how to start a thread, I don't even know the proper place to find out. Sorry for hijacking this one.

C.

In every forum section (Tactile, Trading, this one etc.) there is a small tab near the top right of the page, which reads " Mark Read  |  Notify  |  New Topic  |  Post new poll" - simply click on "New Topic" and give it a title and the text of your new topic. Try to keep the new thread 'on topic' for the respective forum sections (if unsure, check the 'Posting guidelines' thread which is a 'sticky' topic at the top of the list of topics in each section).

Hope that helps.  Smiley

Any problems, feel free to ask here.
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:25 am »

Great. thanks a million.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: