The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 08:57:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New World Game Guide and late sign-up  (Read 5589 times)
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:26:40 am »

This thread is purely to help those wishing to sign up to The New World RP.

A page with and up-to-date summary of the events of the RP so far can be found here:
http://editthis.info/brass_goggles/The_New_World#

As far as joining goes, we ask that you have a either RP experience, experience in the brass goggles forum or have been recommended by one of the other RP members that has been a part of the RP for a decent amount of time.

If you wish to join, make sure you have read the summary to the point where you understand what is happening and what has lead to that. Once you have done that, make a post in the OOC thread stating interest. Once accepted (unfortunately we may have to say no to some people in order to maintain the pace and nature of the RP) post a character profile like the example below (which is my character)

Name: Falko Hendrick Hoogenboome
Nationality: Dutch
Crimes: Unknown
Class: Working
Skill: Metalworking
Appearance: Medium height, plain black hair of short length, green eyes, no facial hair, no physical alterations.

We will also have to figure out how to introduce you to the RP, which is something I will PM you to discuss.

Sorry if it's complicated.

Corsair

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Callidwyn
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:48 am »

Name: Cally Archer.
Nationality: British.
Class: Low middle.
Skill: Studied History, but also good at dance.
Appearance: Slight and lean, she is surprisingly strong and of average height.  A few small scars and scratches, particularly on her hands and feet, but nothing very interesting. A lot of dark hair, usually worn up. Blue eyes. Tends to wear slightly old-fashioned clothes, although not exclusively or from one single era/style.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 12:59:52 am »

Thank you very much! Good to have you on board now!

It isn't too late to sign up ladies and gentlemen of brass goggles! If the RP takes your fancy then please join.
Miss Alva
Gunner
United States United States

Too Irish? There's no such thing!

TheIrishMutt
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 07:21:43 am »

Why hello sir! I wish to participate, I can promise that I'm rather...literate, though my sense of the term may differ greatly from what the dictionary says. This is a tentative profile, and if you should need me to change anything, that can be done easily!

Name: Alva Laughing Fox
Nationality: Lakota Plains Indian/Native American
Class: Working Middle-class
Skill: Linguist, mostly in Lakota, English and a bit of French and Spanish. Also fluent in parrot, seeing as she has a cockatoo named Edward. Knows how to fight and use a knife, though bows aren't out of the question (such a stereotype, but eh). Works as balloon repairer.
Appearance: Though Native Americans are known for their height and rather rough looking appearance, Alva is a small girl and is pixie-like in form and grace. Due to her mother's Swedish roots, she has a small and defined appearance, and large coffee brown eyes. Her skin is a light bronze, and her hair is frizzy and black. Underground dock boxing tournaments have left her with scarred knuckles and a nasty scratch across her cheek, she tells the blokes it was from a knife-fight with a Mexican. Of course, a Bostonian accent coming from such a woman usually turns them off anyways. Usually wears oversized boots and overalls, and thick leather gloves. She needs a new set of clothes, pay isn't nearly enough for such a thing though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:23:48 am by Miss Alva » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:35:52 am »

Welcome!
At present we're in New York.
Have you taken a look at the summary? (it is a little behind but not by much)
Miss Alva
Gunner

Too Irish? There's no such thing!

TheIrishMutt
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:38:11 am »

That I have, and now I just have to figure a way to get there. Unless you plan to stop by Boston again, then problem solved.
Though, anything else that's happened that I should know about?
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 10:01:23 pm »

We've fallen back on to New York city itself and have lost the sky docks. Bloodbath is essentially out. Fergus and Cenek won't be back for a few months. Rosie is essentially out but is still NPC'd by me.
Seeing as this battle still has a few pages left to go undoubtedly you're best off trying to slip your way into that.
PM me about it so we don't clog up this thread.
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 10:49:55 pm »

name: Ela
nationality : Australian 
class: working lower
skills: can use any weapon and drive any air ship
Appearance: short-ish brown hair,green eyes,has help-sight goggles,a little bit shorter then most people about 5'3,has a temper and carries 3 small throwing knives,wears gloves all the time.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 01:20:56 am »

Welcome. I trust you can work yourself into the game so post as soon as you want.
CogsNsuch
Deck Hand

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 06:09:35 pm »

-Attempts to jump in as a sub-character hopefully towards the end of the sequence-

Name: Stanley Hobbs
Nationality: British
Skills: Mechanics, Lock picking
Appearence: Long brown hair, pony tail included along with a few strands of hair down each side of the face (curtains, if you will) to seperate the the fringe. He is not complete without his trademark stubble. He prefers a navy blue trench coat with brass fixtures. He carrys around a small telescope, that which his father left to him soon after his death.

Since he was a boy stanley has aspired to great things, he often dreams of a life updeck on his own skyship whilst another takes his place below in the engine rooms. A fan of tinkering, he is not afraid to get his hands oily and a life on the streets before hand has granted him certain skills to aid in his adventures.

Cogs.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 12:17:05 am »

Awesome.
Go straight in whenever you want. There's a whole ton of openings for characters at the moment.
For example:
You could be a survivor in Boston about to join Mark
You could be a citizen in North Carolina being evacuated
You could be someone in Nashville that my character runs into
You could be someone in Texas that Julius runs into
You could be a survivor in New York
All sorts!
You've probably one of the better times to join.
Figure out where you are and what you are doing a post away!
Crickity
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »

I'd love to take part, if that's okay. I'm a very experienced writer, however I've only done two or three roleplays, and nothing so structured as this.

name: Kyle Watson
nationality : Australian 
class: Lower Middle
skills: In summary, exceedingly efficient in hand-to-hand combat, decent with a sword, extremely fast runner, basic airmanship (not command or control).

Startlingly quick on his feet, athletic enough to sprint faster and further than most other people. He has a reasonably light build but has undergone training in pugilism and fencing, as well as less formal lessons in uh, 'boxing' (of the back-alley, post-imbibing variety). He has no formal qualifications but spent some time on an airship as a cabin boy before he jumped ship in New York at age 15. In the last three years he's made a name for himself as a courier; reliable, fast and charitable. He's handy to have nearby in an engine room but could by no means fix anything by himself without instruction.

Appearance: Tall-ish, on the lean side of muscular, short hair that's usually windswept backwards. Wears a loose white shirt with the sleeves rolled up under a leather vest, with pinstriped slacks purposefully a few sizes too large for him tucked into leather boots that end around mid-calf. His apparel is designed to allow him to appear professional when engaging with a client (or a fine lady), but also gives him the freedom to run without tearing anything or becoming an unsightly, sweaty mess. When his job takes him off the streets and to the rooftops, he often dons a pair of black leather gloves to protect his hands, and depending on the day may wear a red scarf.

I was hoping to create a character in the current New York arc, and I'd love to have him end up with a set of mechanical wings like Ela's (I read the wiki). I know how annoying it can be to have somebody cannibalize your own work and devices though, so if that's not an option I'll find another avenue.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:51:58 pm »

I was hoping to create a character in the current New York arc, and I'd love to have him end up with a set of mechanical wings like Ela's (I read the wiki). I know how annoying it can be to have somebody cannibalize your own work and devices though, so if that's not an option I'll find another avenue.

If the wings are a sticking point, You're welcome to use a military/ex-military 'airbike' like my character Arabella's (they're supposedly standard equip. in Virginia, so they'd probably be a factory-made item), same model, or not, or a similar machine, using same principles, or not. Basically, a steampunk version of the Star Wars speeder bikes. Just an idea. 

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 11:59:17 pm »

Yeah I think the wings are a one-off kind of item that would have been custom-made by an individual inventor. Having the bike would definitely be plausible.

So would you be starting out in New York then?
Crickity
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:55 am »

Fair enough, I figured they would be a unique feature Smiley I'll probably go with an airbike then, but maybe not initially. He'd start out in New York delivering a package, maybe the parts that Ela needs? Is there enough of New York left to allow such a delivery?
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 07:46:54 am »

I'd say no, it's basically rubble because of the bombing. There's a cluster of buildings around Rally Point Hudson but that's al really.

PM me so we can figure out the specifics of where you are and what you're doing and we won;t clutter up this thread Smiley
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 12:05:47 am »

Name: Isabell Magdalene
Nationality: Cuban
Crimes: None other than those of circumstance.
Skill: Weaving, airship repair and upkeep
Appearance: Small and thin with dark hair that looks like it was hacked off near the neck with a knife, light tan skin and green eyes that seem to be continually looking for something.   Mostly plain and nondescript except for her hands that she often keeps gloved.  Her fingers are elongated and through-ly double jointed from working on intricate looms in vast factories since she was five.

Born in rural Cuba child of a poor mother with far too many mouths to feed and a drunkard english father who worked at the sugar plantation. Isa went to work as soon as she was able to help her family this lead to spending her formative years squeezing in to machinery to run repairs at the mill.  That and malnutrition lead to a wiry form that let her keep her job long after others were too large.  After saving for many years she booked passage on a ship to America hoping for a new life and she got one but not the one she wanted.  The ship she was on was taken by pirates who mistaking her for a young boy offered her a simple choice work for them or die. She took the work as grueling and backbreaking as it was and survived.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 11:42:45 am »

Easiest way to get involved is in the ruins of New York where you can say you join a privaterr's crew or end up in the new military or whatever comes to mind!

Anywhere in America would be fine for a starting point really, the eastern seaboard and north west states are fairly ruined so bear that in mind if you decide to start in either of those locations.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 05:59:30 pm »

Humm I think some every desperate and cocky pirates are going to attack whatever they can find near new york.  I will have my intro post up this evening when I get home from work.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 10:26:03 pm »

sounds lovely!
If it's pirates around New York though they would likely only hit the outskirts for looting as further in there's a damn load of military ships floating about.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 11:45:58 pm »

I leave it in your good hands to decide how mad and desperate Captain Jacobi is but I will say any refugee camps and small ships will look good to a bunch of hungry pirates.  I have no plans for the Lime Cutter other then to give Isabell an easy way in so do with it what you will.
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 12:17:57 am »

I'd be interested in joining this RP I've been involved in Rp's of this depth in the past and am in need of something to refresh my creative writing.

And thus I present

Name: Eric Cicero Burns
Nationality: Scottish
Crimes: Suspected of being a Brigand, Footpad, Highwayman, Charged with thuggery, theft and smuggling but no convictions standing, Convicted of Grave Robbing and conscripted into the Army
Skill: Huntsman, military training, leather worker
Appearance: Tall and Lean, shoulder length dark hair usually tied behind head, eyes of a pale grey that many would call silver colour a scar under his right eye and a collection of scars on his torso arms and legs. Wears functional clothing over a long military coat. 
Personality: A feisty man with a good jovial sense of humour, slow to anger but wrathful when stirred few would want to remain on his bad side.
Past: Born in the lowlands of Scotland he learned the trade of his father and became a huntsman and park ranger for one of the royal parks in times of depression joined his family in raiding across the border into England as he grew older and more independent he found himself in the dark alleys of Edinburgh working for the criminal gangs where his skills as a hunter made him a valuable commodity, caught by local militia while protecting a grave robbing racket was drafted into the British Military though his role is unknown as he never speaks of it left the service at the first opportunity and travelled to England first working in Manchester as a tanner he suddenly left for the south completing his journey in Bristol.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 04:42:15 am »

Welcome! Any idea where you'll slip your character in?
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 11:50:07 pm »

I'm thinking of slipping into the Ruins of New York, possibly on the outskirts of the city supplying local populace with food stuffs he's hunted down on beyond the city limits, something low life pirates would want.

Also a slight edit to my character.

Name: Eric Cicero Burns
Nationality: Scottish
Crimes: Suspected of being a Brigand, Footpad, Highwayman, Charged with thuggery, theft and smuggling but no convictions standing, Convicted of Grave Robbing and conscripted into the Army
Skill: Huntsman, military training, leather worker
Appearance: Tall and Lean, shoulder length dark hair usually tied behind head, eyes of a pale grey that many would call silver colour a scar under his right eye and a collection of scars on his torso arms and legs. Wears functional clothing over a long military coat. 
Personality: A feisty man with a good jovial sense of humour, slow to anger but wrathful when stirred few would want to remain on his bad side.
Past: Born in the lowlands of Scotland he learned the trade of his father and became a huntsman and park ranger for one of the royal parks in times of depression joined his family in raiding across the border into England as he grew older and more independent he found himself in the dark alleys of Edinburgh working for the criminal gangs where his skills as a hunter made him a valuable commodity, caught by local militia while protecting a grave robbing racket was drafted into the British Military and served as a Windwalker though the nature of this role is unknown as he never speaks of it left the service after the Windwalkers were disbanded and travelled to England first working in Manchester as a tanner he suddenly left for the south completing his journey in Bristol.
Personal Effects: Known to carry a multitude of knives for his trades but is commonly seen with a long almost sword length blade on his person, carries a Wincester 1866 Carbine, a heavily customised revolver that resembles a flintlock of old and a Mauser M1888 for hunting, also have array of wilderness survival tools
Crickity
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 05:13:31 pm »

Ella and I are around that area Captain, if you'd like to meet up or intersect.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: