The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 03:04:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He Who Lives By The Sword...  (Read 44751 times)
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #675 on: October 03, 2011, 04:37:29 pm »

"Precisely.." Madd replied, attaching a fishing line to one of his long, pointy blowgun darts, "fish, anyone?"

What do we want? Decapitations!
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #676 on: October 03, 2011, 05:30:48 pm »

"If London and Stonehenge are our greatest priority ten perhaps we should find someone who can get us there. Perhaps an Archaeologist sending artifacts to London and the Museums?"

The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #677 on: October 03, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »

"Let's go. Please. This place is... Too unusual."

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #678 on: October 03, 2011, 06:36:00 pm »

"Aye, I'm with the young man. We should head to the nearest airship shed, which I assume is ahead on this river, and then find a ship that'll take us back." he thought for a moment, "if it comes to it we'll take a ship... but only as a last resort. We must hurry though, we're bound to be being hunted now, and the longer we're here the more likely we'll be caught."

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #679 on: October 06, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »

"Then it's decided.. In a few days, we shall be able to kick back with some fine beef and meat pies and figure this whole business out."
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #680 on: October 06, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »

Longeye nodded, though he doubted they'd be able to relax quite so easily.
The boat gently drifted down the river, aided by the gentle prodding of the pilot. There were buildings on both sides, but suddenly the buildings dropped away and the airship shed came into view. It was a large structure, obviously, but made of very thin sheet metal and wood. There were dozens of ships, in every shape and colour, either in the shed, in the sky or being ferried between the two. There was also a massive metal spike in the ground, reaching into the sky and enabling ships to refill their ships without landing and taking up more space.
There were also guards, armed with swords and the occasional gun, standing dotted around in groups.
"Ah."
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #681 on: October 07, 2011, 01:23:12 am »

He spotted the armed guards and smiled.

"Let me handle this Gentleman."

As the boat came toa  stop on the banks at the dock, he leapt out and moved towards men.

"Sirs, My God, Thank goodness! I was with a American Vessel, and we were attacked! I have vital secrets needed by the president. My friends here are VERY important. Rich if you catch my drift.....They will be generous to anyone who aids us. We need one of your ships."
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #682 on: October 07, 2011, 01:31:55 am »

The guards quickly leveled guns at him, but as he began talking lowered them. They seemed to be jumpy.
"Sir, where your vessel? Passport? Who you?" their stilted English obvious.
Longeye stepped out of the boat beside the professor and waited.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #683 on: October 07, 2011, 06:52:54 am »

Madd motioned quietly to Longeye..

"Perhaps I could chuck one of those guano bombs into their midst."
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #684 on: October 07, 2011, 07:07:16 am »

He gave Madd a light whack in the side. No other gesture could indicate as clearly his feelings about Madd's pointless scheme. If worst came to worse, which it did not look like it would, then anything Madd unleashed would be unnecessary and potentially damaging to their own small party.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #685 on: October 07, 2011, 09:42:08 am »

Madd jumped a little at Ethan's nudge, and smiled good-naturedly.

"Just a thought." He mouthed.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:59:13 am by The Corsair » Logged
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #686 on: October 07, 2011, 03:22:20 pm »

Longeye though for a moment and then put on his best British accent.
"Gentlemen, we are in somewhat of a hurry, if you would be so kind as to take us to a fast ship we can be off. We've got some rather pressing places to be, as the gentleman said we need to be off to the Americas for a brief jaunt. We absolutely cannot be late! Come on, hurry up!"
They looked offput, and seemingly without realizing it moved aside to let him, and Balthazar past. "Thank you." he said, and motioned for the others to join him, murmuring, "I've always wanted to try that, never thought it would work. Pick a ship folks."
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #687 on: October 14, 2011, 08:39:48 pm »

Balthazar smiled at the guards. "If you boys ever end up in America look me up." He handed the lead man a card. "I'll make sure you get treated very right by the generosity of my town and its people. and the Ladies at the club of course."

He followed Longeye and pointed out a smaller ship built for quick trips but could handle extended jaunts as well. "That one."
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #688 on: October 15, 2011, 02:10:07 am »

Madd followed in tow, Stroking the triangular head of his python
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #689 on: October 15, 2011, 02:54:41 pm »

"Hmm, good choice..." he murmured back. "Gentlemen! We shall be off!" he called back to the others, and the group began to move across the airfield.
It wasn't long before they reached the ship. The guards had quickly lost interest when the next group of foreigners had arrived, and they were alone for now.
"Everyone, get on quick. If you know how to pilot it, get at the wheel.... if not find something else useful to do! Quickly, before they look this way again!" and he grabbed the ladder and quickly climbed inside.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #690 on: October 15, 2011, 04:41:44 pm »

Madd headed to the galley. After all, all these people are eventually going to want to eat. Down there, he found some powdered milk, some lard, flour, pepper, salt, and salt beef. "Biscuits and gravy, coming right up!" He hollered up to the crew.

The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #691 on: October 15, 2011, 11:26:57 pm »

He had nothing to do on board. He couldn't be of use driving the thing, Madd had taken control of counting provisions and aside from casting off there was really no use for him managing other driving-related things.

He had begun to grow tired of having nothing to do but stand there saying a few words here and there but he could again see that there was no better option. He found a seat and settled down in it. Perhaps he could get some sleep.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #692 on: October 16, 2011, 07:17:38 am »

Soon the smell of chipped beef gravy and homemade American Biscuits wafted over the deck.

Madd poked his head from below.

"Anyone hungry?"
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #693 on: October 16, 2011, 11:20:00 am »

He was hungry...
He wordlessly trod over to where Madd held out a plate of biscuits and some other meat-smelling thing. He did his best to satisfy his hunger which, now that he was eating something, seemed massive while not eating too excessively. He was used to eating quite sparingly and whenever he had the ability to eat more than needed for basic survival he got carried away.

And while he ate a thick fog rolled in, draping itself across the world for miles around.
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #694 on: October 16, 2011, 11:28:48 am »

"Perfect" muttered Longeye, and began adjusting the controls. Within moments the ship gently lifted off, and without a sound rose into the clouds. From there is was easy  going, nobody had noticed their leaving, no alerts had been called... They were safe for now. He pointed the ship an London and locked the controls, then went and joined Madd and Ethan for some food.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #695 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:21 pm »

Madd set out some wine, tapped the ale keg aboard and popped open a sarsparilla for himself, as well as a kettle.. Then he set himself a plate and sat at the table.
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #696 on: October 24, 2011, 10:11:30 pm »

Balthazar grinned. "I will give the south its due Madd. You all make damn good biscuits!"

He sat at the table and started to pile up his plate.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #697 on: October 25, 2011, 06:10:56 am »

"That we do. The Beef is ok for gravy, but it's not ham, but good anyhow." Madd said, as he stabbed a piece of biscuit with a fork.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #698 on: October 25, 2011, 07:26:19 am »

The food found itself tumbling off their plates as the ship lurched sideways.

Now shoved up against a wall, Ethan could see out a window opposite him a large blue shape. Garrick's ship. The one he had found passage to London on, the one he had thrown himself off. He didn't owe the man that much money, had he really tracked him down for petty debts?
Or maybe it was what he had taught Ethan that had caused him to travel all this way. How did he even know he was out here for that matter? He wasn't sure himself what had brought him out here...

Before he could move to help anyone else, another massive blow was landed on the side on the airship as it was rammed again, sending what furniture that wasn't already overturned falling onto its side and that which was overturned skidding across the floor. A rather hefty table connected resoundingly with his body and he blacked out unceremoniously.
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #699 on: October 25, 2011, 09:10:52 am »

Longeye tumbled with the rest of them, only dodging a similar knock to Ethan by landing between two chairs, which caught the rest of the furniture. As the ship gently rocked back to normalcy he leapt to his feet.
"What the bloody hell was that?!" he yelled, and ran out of the room to the prow. He quickly caught sight of the ship that had rammed them, fine iron ribbing coated the hull, giving it a deadly ram. Longeye ran back to the cabin they'd been eating in.
"Anyone know who that is? Better yet why they're ramming us? And does this thing have any damned guns?!"
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: