The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 07:06:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parts and supplies?  (Read 1526 times)
vaeluur
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:29:16 am »

I am fairly new to the steampunk thing, and I want to revive a project from my college days...but outside of the home depot type stores around my parents home I do not know where to even start looking for anything.  I am in the military, and I am about to transfer to a new, even more remote place, so on-line ordering would be a good thing too..

Now on to the project that I want to revive when I get home on leave...First, its a chess set.  I have a 2 foot square sheet of steel which I was going to overlay with a thin veneer of some type.  The squares on one side would have the wood as a continuous piece with holes showing the metal for the 2nd color.  As one moves across the board it would eventually be the opposite with small wood "islands" making the checker pattern in a sea of metal.  Obviously to go along with this I would end up hand carving the pieces for the wood side, and fabricating the pieces for the other side out of metal.  It started as more of a general art concept, fabrication versus nature type thing.  Seeing some of the things that are being made here I am getting motivated to hit this one up again...

But now I am out of touch with where to even start looking...

Any tips would be appreciated!
hannas_kiwi
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 05:09:11 am »

See the Quartermaster's thread:  http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=163.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: