The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 01:37:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New World (OOC Thread)  (Read 35973 times)
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #950 on: December 26, 2011, 10:51:30 am »

alright kill me now. im trying and trying to wright a post but every time i sit down to SOMETHING ELSE NEEDS DOING and at the moment my internet is worse then normal im so sorry
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #951 on: December 26, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »

That happens to me all the time.  Today it has been a very excited 4 year old wanting to play with all her xmas presents at once and two cats that want all the petting. 

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #952 on: December 27, 2011, 01:35:09 am »

alright kill me now. im trying and trying to wright a post but every time i sit down to SOMETHING ELSE NEEDS DOING and at the moment my internet is worse then normal im so sorry

BANG!!!

Just Joking Wink. You'd regret it (!!) and so would I, believe me.

And ditto to Stella, my GAHHH!!! post notwithstanding. When I got back from the shopping trip, everybody else wanted to use the computer. At the same time. I left again to get away from it; I came back, and they'd locked the thing up and were jumping on me to fix it. Roll Eyes When I finally did, they wanted to have supper. 'Tis the season, apparently.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2012, 05:29:43 am »

I realised I didn't have to stay lost as to what was going on in New York as I had a vast array of other characters, including my actual original character, to write with.

It seems a return blow has been dealt by us Cheesy

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #954 on: January 26, 2012, 04:34:23 am »

I'm going to try and downsize the army of NPC's I've been controlling. The blokes from Vancouver will essentially be background characters now and it can be assumed they're helping where necessary but their specific adventures won't be cataloged. Francis and Walter will basically be a part of Falko's 'private fleet' from here on (though only the two ships) so will be mentioned but not necessarily used. I'll keep up Nigel because of his involvement with the Demologos II and also Wallace, Stella and Bailey's characters (and I like his name...)

Hopefully if we de-clutter this game a bit we can keep it running and see it through. I think I'll make the to-be-found information quite a substantial lead which can give us some more direction for our efforts, meaning we'll basically be sorting out the 'big bad boss battle' and the 'niggling nuisance nemesis' and we can avoid the political sub-plots and rebuilding efforts and whatnot. They'll happen, we just don't have to be a part of them.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #955 on: February 13, 2012, 12:18:53 am »

Bella's unit (The 4th Aerial Recon Company) can be used and referred to as if it were a ship, even though it consists of an odds-and-sods mixture of tiny packet zeppelins and various builds and types of airbikes; Think an aerial version of a Cavalry Company.

The Raptor will probably remain a sort of liaison Privateer/Merc ship. Her coilgun (much the same as a railgun) should prove very useful.

Demologos II will probably be making another foray into specials-controlled airspace very soon; perhaps it'll be the 4th's first skirmish ... or perhaps not...?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #956 on: February 21, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »

I'm not writing the Fort officials to be necessarily uncooperative, but rather injecting a bit of realism; it isn't as if the Demologos is still in the city, and I'd think it would be sort of unlikely that he'd be able to catch Garrow's sortie or the enemy ship before either reached teh border (both are moving at extremely -well, comparatively, at any rate- high speed, and the Demologos doesn't depend on a gasbag, which means it can move in ways that would tie a zeppelin in knots).

Once caught, if it is, the Demologos is basically a casemated monitor-ram type of ship, to use an RL analogy, except that it also flies, by means of a mechanically-actuated electromagnetic buoyancy device (the oft-mentioned MOFF units;), adn has many other technological wonders, so much so that it had originally been destined for the breaking yards, to comply with a recent treaty - befpre it was stolen by Capt. Hildebrandt and crew. In short, to use an anime reference, it's a "toybox." its a much tougher nut to crack than anything Burns is likely to have faced before. it might be possible to disable it a certain way, but then again they're bound to have thought of that, so maybe not. It's also a nemesis, a veritable character in and of itself.

What the colonel will most likely do is refer Burns to Fergus (The Raptor is still moored above the aerodrome field) or Gemmel, mainly to get him out of his hair and into somebody else's, since Garrow's off to the north, toward the Canadian border. They could send Bella's unit off along with the Raptor, but I'd think it'd be dicey whether they'd get to the border in time.
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #957 on: March 08, 2012, 01:54:36 pm »

It's captain burns
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #958 on: March 08, 2012, 08:08:00 pm »

My mistake. fixed.
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #959 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:13 am »

o gosh hey people im so sorry i cant post much im so boged down by fam and school stuff not to mention not haveing acces to the forum on a week to week bases. i will post as soon as i can in the meen time i will wright it up. thanks for being so pashent with me
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #960 on: July 19, 2012, 07:33:56 am »

Thread is being locked in a few days. It's over the post threshold for deletion so it'll stay here.

To everyone, thank you for being a part of this game, it was good fun while it lasted.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: