The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 07:21:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New World (OOC Thread)  (Read 35578 times)
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:58:48 am »

To begin with, can everyone please post a simple character profile (Mine is below as a template to follow).
Just a not, the 'Skill' section is professional skills or things that person has been trained in for work.

Name: Falko Hendrick Hoogenboome
Nationality: Dutch
Crimes: Unknown
Class: Working
Skill: Metalworking
Appearance: Medium height, plain black hair of short length, green eyes, no facial hair, no physical alterations.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Man of Steam
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:44:00 pm »

Name: Alexandre Ashlock
Nationality: French/British
crimes: unknown/none
class: working
skills:acting
appearance: tall, long brown hair, no facial hair, brown eyes, no physical alterations
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 02:14:24 pm »

Name: Julius Rowe
Nationality: British
Crimes: Grave robbing, minor theft, conspiracy to commit arson
Skills: Chemistry and biology (more practical knowledge than theoretical)
Appearance: Average height, very thin, greying hair (once black), neatly trimmed beard of same colour, grey eyes, no physical alterations

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
lord Ghia Direpond
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 02:26:00 pm »

man of steam, do you honestly believe that an actor will be required to build the new world? mechanics, engineers, electricians, chemists, etc
hey dude can you go over to that tree and act like you are cutting it down? how about acting like a mechanic and we can all pretend that the car you fixed is like new!!

my skills, welder, engineer, fabricator, electrician, painter, chippy, survivalist!

i sometimes think that a good blow out will cull all the dead wood that lives like a parasite leaving the rest of us to make a real differance, far too many people on this planet doing nothing jobs! i'm not looking forward to burrying you all tho, i guess my tractor and back hoe skills will come in handy. PS i can actually make the fuel to run these machines as well, i guess you can act like my gas attendant??
Man of Steam
Snr. Officer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:49 pm »

He never said we would be building the new world, just that we would be coming to the U.S.A  Wink
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:31:02 pm »

And an actor is fairly useful for things such as bluffing, theft... most crime really... espionage, escape, forgery, disguise... Every group needs someone like that!
~Longeye~
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 07:36:50 pm »

Name: Vincenc "Cenek" Daleko
Nationality: Bohemian, Austria-Hungarian Empire
Crimes: Murder (via Duel) in Austria-Hungary. Failure to pay certain debts, as well as fraud, in England and France.
Class: Former Upperclass, essentially Working since 1896
Skills: Previously studied writing, history, geography, photography, astronomy, philosophy and art. Currently, however, has mostly practiced steam engineering and is an amateur entrepreneur.
Appearance: Tall, slim. Fair hair, blue eyes. Small goatee, slight but noticeably scar running across left cheek.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 11:53:21 pm by Vancouver Air Privateer » Logged

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:51:43 pm »

He never said we would be building the new world, just that we would be coming to the U.S.A  Wink

Thank you.

If you think about it, if someone wants to get away and start a new life then they're not going to stop themselves from going because they don't have a mechanical skill.
Also, he's 18 so he is quite able to learn a new skill.

Ghia Direpond, are you interested in joining this RP or not?
Either way, I ask that you don't make posts like that you have just made here. This is meant to be so a group of people can have some fun and I'd rather not spoil it by having mods involved.
Mnemoria
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 03:31:20 am »

Name: Jacob Matthews
Crimes: No convictions, but suspected of several burglaries and a murder
Skills: Formerly a Crown Servant, good with horses, guns and knives. More recent circumstances have added wood carving and printing to his repertoire
Appearance: 5' 10", well built though slighter than he was, greying brown hair, clean shaven, blue eyes,

Edit to correct typographical error
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:46:49 pm by Mnemoria » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 05:02:26 am »

Name: Luke Marshall
Crimes: unknown
Class: working
Skills: journalist (former) Also some knowledge of electronics and several obscure languages.
Appearance: Tall, short blond hair, blue eyes, no facial hair, three scars under the left side of his jaw.

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
Arx Nimbus
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

I'll procrastinate later...

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 05:55:57 am »

Name: Arx Nimbus
Nationality: English
Crimes: Too many to count, none big enough to worry about?
Class: Street Urchin
Skill: Pickpocketing, guile, free running
Appearance: Medium height, messy/wavy brown hair, hazel/green eyes, dirty clothes, goggles, brown cap, jacket

Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, how do you drive this thing?
Rosalia
Gunner

Professional Opheliac

MorbidVintage
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:22 am »

sorry it took me too long I was oblivious (Robot Chicken distraction ftw)

Name: Rosalia Elizabeth Kaylock
Nationality: English
Crimes: Theft...yeah, that's about it...(unless you count running away)
Class: High
Skill: Metalworking
Appearance: short, long wavy auburn hair, green eyes, pale,

"I AM THE CONFUSED MALE ALIEN IN THIS RELATIONSHIP!"
Theosophus Grey
Snr. Officer

Commanding the FAAS Widow's Son

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »

Name: Jean-Paul Batiste
Nationality: Brittany
Crimes: Unknown
Class: Defrocked Jesuit (for vocal public opposition to corrupt church hierarchy), born to upper middle class merchant family.
Skill: Extremely well educated, 20 years as a professor of natural philosophy and metaphysics in Paris; speaks/reads/writes multiple languages.  Far traveled, in search of archaic civilizations and arcane knowledge.  Military experience, served as a British Army chaplain during the Boer War.
Appearance: Medium height, lank grey hair, startling blue eyes, no facial hair, no physical alterations.  Dressed in worn black wool frockcoat, trousers, and weskit, fraying white shirt and cravat.  Carries a large messenger bag with books and writing materials, etc.

Greetings to Alexis and Mr. Bailey!  Wink
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:30:43 pm by Theosophus Grey » Logged

A gentleman and a scholar, albeit heavily armed.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 12:42:35 pm »

Glad to have you on board! Do excuse the pun Cheesy
Lyca
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 03:26:03 pm »

Name:
Lyca Jones
Nationality:
English
Crimes:
Only those of passion, my dear! I mean, well, that is to say: none known.
Class:
Upper to middle, but will roam freely amongst characters and environments of all description.
Skill:
Psychology, symbology and the act of making things.
Appearance:
Meduim height: 5' 7", 9st; uk 8-10, size 6 shoe. Small waist, small chest, large hips. Long dark messy hair, with a tendancy to wave. Very pale skin, green eyes. Wears spectacles.
Character:
In general amiable, but dislikes the company of too many people. Prefers solitude. Tendancy towards introspection, but likes people watching. Quiet but intense when speaking. Dislikes revealing personal information. A woman of science, liberal in her philosophy and politics.
Clothing:
Practical clothing: long green tweed skirt, fitted cream shirt, rolled up to the elbows. Supple brown leather harness, with various attatchments. Golden pocketwatch case around neck, on thin gold chain. Flat leather lace up ankle boots, worn with thick brown stockings. Clothing is well worn in, but not patched or holey. Obviously well loved, but taken care of. Golden pince nez. Also not visible, various lace petticoats, chemise, bloomers and corset.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:33:01 pm by Lyca » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 04:48:33 pm »

Name: Fergus ("Chalky") O' Flaherty

Nationality: Irish

Crimes: Busking W/ out a license; Petty Theft of Food (for now-scattered-due-to-potato-blight family)

Class:Lower to middle

Skills: Ironmongery, smithing & primitive- to journeyman-level carpentry; Fife; Has served briefly (not entirely willingly) in Brit. Infantry, was common soldier, then a fifer.

Appearance: 5ft 11in; stocky and burly; white-blonde, thinning hair (hence the nickname); brown eyes; standard builder's/carpenter's/blacksmith's scarring on hands, arms and torso (they look like hundreds of small, shiny or darker-than-fleshtone freckles, but are obviously not freckles). Dressed in trousers with leather braces, white shirt, once-fancy cutaway blue frock coat, tradesman's billed cap, local-cobbler standard cheap broagham shoes.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Jupiter Harsh
Snr. Officer
Italy Italy

aesthete and dandy bohemian

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:55 pm »

Name: Jupiter Macchiavelli Harsh
Nationality: Anglo-Italian
Crimes: Muder of 1 General, 2 Law enforcers, 1 MP, Arson, Theft (Airshp, since sold and uswed money to build new one)
Class: Former middle class, but now Anarco-Dadaist Pirate, so ehm...
Skill: Basic skills with most materials, Animal training, Tracking, Fencing, Archery, Explosives
Appearance: Tall: 1,85 m, Broard, middle-of-back length hair, green (sunflower) eyes, small goatee and sideburns

Veni, vidi, castratavi illegittimos
"But we don't really live in the past; we live in the present as it should have been if the entire 20th century hadn't gone so horribly wrong!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 06:51:54 am »

I've changed my character's intro to say that he relocated to Bristol and then signed on with the builder; it wouldn't do for teh ship to be simultaneously in Bristol and Dublin, now would it...
Rosalia
Gunner

Professional Opheliac

MorbidVintage
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 07:12:41 am »

I've changed my character's intro to say that he relocated to Bristol and then signed on with the builder; it wouldn't do for teh ship to be simultaneously in Bristol and Dublin, now would it...

It certainly would be interesting...and possibly problematic....and most likely hilarious.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 08:10:33 am »

The ship could have stopped in Dublin on its way to Bristol but the change you've made is slightly simpler Cheesy

Though I have to say, time-travelling ships would have been an interesting way to start this all off Cheesy
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 08:38:33 am »

The ship could have stopped in Dublin on its way to Bristol but the change you've made is slightly simpler Cheesy

Though I have to say, time-travelling ships would have been an interesting way to start this all off Cheesy

"I say... I expected New York to have more skyscrapers. And considerably less dinosaurs as well."
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 08:52:08 am »

"I say... I expected New York to have more skyscrapers. And considerably less dinosaurs as well."

That made my day Cheesy Cheesy
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 03:32:26 pm »

I am laughing so hard that my posterior has become detached from my nether regions...(LMAO)
Man of Steam
Snr. Officer

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 05:56:20 pm »

Be sure to see a doctor about that Wink
Lyca
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 08:58:55 pm »

It's quite surprising to see how many people have changed their nationality - lots of newly English characters!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: