The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 11:18:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making A Portable Hard drive case  (Read 1070 times)
nevets_mcd
Swab

United States United States

« on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:18 am »

Hi since this site provided much reference material I thought I might get some feedback here. I created a Steampunk themed Portable Harddrive case and have published the directions on Instructables if you are interested. This was my first leather project and the first brasswork I've done. I had plans for this anyway but their slew of holiday contests pushed me to get it done enough to submit but a few plans had to change. The idea behind the look of the case is the gears under the porthole would move and look like they were part of the clock mechanism. Unfortunately I couldn't get the electronic circuits to work before the deadline so the gears are not powered yet, but they are mounted on shafts and bearings. I've got better plans and ideas for version 2 based on what I learned in vrsion 1. Thanks for looking.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-Steampunk-Portable-Harddrive-Case/

~Steve

shameless self promotion:
I would appreciate any votes in the Epilog Laser contest or Holiday Gifts contests if you deem my project worthy.
~S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: