The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 08:09:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Clutch: The Mad Dash OOC  (Read 8697 times)
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2010, 09:45:00 pm »

Seeing as it's open to my interpretation, Li can be the man in Macau
Assume I whispered something in your ear explaining just that
However, my lack of initial warmness to Li springs from an unsavory departure from Macau some time ago.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 02:41:38 am »

The RP looks so forlorn just sitting here, I just had to post in it.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2010, 04:28:09 am »

Bah, I haven't had the time or mind to post. I might get around to it this weekend..

Read the musings of a mentally unstable traveler: http://symphonicallymorbid.blogspot.com/

~ ~ ~

I dare mention my bloomers in public.

Join me in the Chatroom! http:/
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2010, 07:51:37 pm »

((OOC: I will be out-of-pocket this evening, as I will be at the Dulcimer Society's annual; Xmas party. Back on Sunday, maybe some late tonight.))
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2010, 11:06:39 pm »

((OOC:I haven't given up on this.

I will admit, however, that I am and have been at an impasse; I'm having trouble coming up with a workable scenario for the Macau takedown, so I'm wide open to suggestions, and was giving it time to get past the Christmas lulls.

I was thinking just a bit ago that perhaps the 'takedown' would/could involve confrontations with powerful fighters, perhaps even supernaturally-powerful fighters, much like in the movie Big Trouble in Little China  -- although I'm talking out of my neck, so to speak, never having seen more of that movie than the clips on Youtube; thus, that solution would probably have major differences from the movie, not to mention the requisite Steam/Diesel setting and the fact that the Wyvern's crew are definitely not truckers.)  Any other/better/similar/different ideas?))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:08:23 pm by MWBailey » Logged
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2010, 02:19:27 am »

I'll admit that I haven't been posting because I'm really at a loss as for what use Alegrah is at this point. :/
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2010, 08:30:54 am »

I will admit, however, that I am and have been at an impasse; I'm having trouble coming up with a workable scenario for the Macau takedown, so I'm wide open to suggestions, and was giving it time to get past the Christmas lulls.

I was thinking just a bit ago that perhaps the 'takedown' would/could involve confrontations with powerful fighters, perhaps even supernaturally-powerful fighters, much like in the movie Big Trouble in Little China

Sounds good. I like the 'supernatural fighters' idea...

I had an idea earlier about someone hiring us to steal a valuable or powerful (not sure in what way) artifact from a guarded location in exchange for information or for some other purpose. I'm not quite sure yet how it would fit best into the current plans though...

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »

I was thinking just a bit ago that perhaps the 'takedown' would/could involve confrontations with powerful fighters, perhaps even supernaturally-powerful fighters, much like in the movie Big Trouble in Little China

Sounds good. I like the 'supernatural fighters' idea...

I had an idea earlier about someone hiring us to steal a valuable or powerful (not sure in what way) artifact from a guarded location in exchange for information or for some other purpose. I'm not quite sure yet how it would fit best into the current plans though...

HMMMmmmmm... Maybe we could work that into the 'takedown' plan; Maybe Li knows somebody but they need something and demand that of him in return for providing the translation or access to person who provides same in return for enabling him to keep his word to the Wyevern's crew...HHMMMmmm...*mental gears and cogs rustily turning, shrieking and clattering*

Hopefully by midweek we''l be up and running ('dash'-ing?) again.

I'll be in Madisonville for the Dulcimer Retreat Friday afternoon thru Sunday noon.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2011, 06:16:56 am »

If Lo Fong is the head honcho then it'll be because he's powerful and is respected for that power. The takedown should be a grand act that establishes Li as the more powerful individual.

I haven't seen Big Trouble In Little China so what sort of supernaturalism are we referring to?

Also, I am towards the end of a compelling Horus Heresy novel (A Thousand Suns) in which one legion of warriors who are psychically gifted are organised into various cults with differing abilities and coordinate them to make themselves more deadly. Some can see slightly into the future while others can see the enemy's tactical plan as it is thought of and various others wield raw energies of various things.
If we brush with supernaturalists, it could be interesting to have them as a close knit 'bodyguard' who coordinate their various powers to be nigh-indestructible.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2011, 07:34:59 pm »

for some reason I can't seem to do youtube embedding with this computer, or I'd have posted a BTILC video or series of same to illustrate the idea.

The idea, basically, in the movie is that the love interest of on eof the heroes is kidnapped by an evil mastermind who also just happens to be the reincarnation of an evil demigod. The girlfriend is the key to his rejuvenation and the ultimate taking of total power in our world. His head bodyguard honchos are trio of martials art masters who are demigodlike themselves, and known as The Three Storms, each one wielding the power of storm-derived elements (rain, wind, lightning, respectively if I'm not mistaken). At the 'street' level, two rival martial arts gangs (representing good and evil, the evil being tied to the villain's organization) vie for control of the streets of Little China. (I'm not sure what city the title neighborhood resides in)

Jack, the truckdriver hero and his chinese co-driver sidekick are charged with the task of thwarting the baddies and rescuing the girlfriend; probably with saving the world as well, though i'm not completely sure about that angle.

So, the idea of a cadre of supernaturalist fighters actually seems to dovetail nicely with the rest of the scenario we are developing...

Hmmm...
-------------

The bit I just posted is the beginning of the scenario I  have in mind. take a look at it and see if there's anyting you want to add (if so, post it). Feel free to add in local characters, situations, plot twists, etc.

I was toying with the idea of Alegrah being the girl who gets kidnapped, or we could invent a girlfriend for Li Tung, or maybe somebody whom both Arthur and Li Tung hold dear. Which do you all think is best?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:10:00 pm by MWBailey » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:14 pm »

Alegrah has said herself she is unsure of what to do with herself at this point so her being the kidnapped character would essentially give her free reign over a 'fight back/attempt escape' scenario.

If Alegrah is ok with it, that would seem ideal.
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:35 am »

Sure! Go ahead and kidnap her. That'll give me time to sit back and slowly re-introduce myself into it as it comes.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2011, 05:43:46 pm »

My thinking has been that perhaps Alegrah is not totally passive; maybe she turns out to be much more of a handful than Lo Fong expects.
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2011, 02:18:36 am »

Sounds like a plan to me. She can always play coy and try to be all helpless at the beginning to scope her situation and then become quite the little pain in the arse.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2011, 06:11:12 am »

OK, great! Let me know if I need to change anything about the fight-and-kidnapping post. I could make it more open-ended, if you all prefer, or make other changes if necessary...
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2011, 10:32:18 am »

Mmm has this been a bit forgotten?
We could continue the story or simply bring new characters into The Clutch and attempt a different adventure.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »

might not be a bad idea.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: