The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 04:28:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Clutch: The Mad Dash OOC  (Read 8696 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:39 am »

OOPS! Sorry for not bringing this up until now, but I will be out of pocket and offline this Friday night, and on through Sunday afternoon, as I will be attending the North Harris County Dulcimer Society's annual Fall Campout. Gonna play some OldTime music and listen to some OldTime music and stay up til 3 AM jamming OldTime music!

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Shikua
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

Shikua
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:38 pm »

Now, this here might sound a tad noobish, but how would one go about joining this here adventure?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 12:44:09 am »

Well, we're in a new (Asian) dimension just now, about to make port in Macau; you could join us there in a scene or sidelight scenario of your own devising, I'd think, or insinuate yourself into someone else's (assuming such is alright; if it isn't, then speak up, folks)

If you're wanting to pair yourself with another player, or make other changes to the characters or the structure of the RP, please  be sure to ask permission, preferably via this OOC; I don't mind PM's but its more fair to everyone, I'm thinking, if we post it here.

Everybody? You can feel free to act around in Macau, but we're also waiting for Corsair to get through with his testing period and rejoin us, so don't go too far off the deep end, as its his Main Scenario, ultimately (I only want to take over when things bog down or have trouble, or when its time to move on; I'll make brantley move around, of course, but until Corsair gets back, I'll just keep to the Brantley-ish and GM-ish side of things).

So, the Mad Dash is still alive, and open for new players and old alike!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:56:15 am by MWBailey » Logged
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 01:19:15 am »

I'm always open for a new ruffian from the past trying to murder Alegrah for her mother, so if you care to prod yourself into my scenario after some info, please feel free. Tongue

I'm a bit sketchy with when I'll be around for probably the next two years, but I'm sure I'll manage. o.o I'm going to wait to post until the rest of y'all do and Corsair comes back, I think.

Read the musings of a mentally unstable traveler: http://symphonicallymorbid.blogspot.com/

~ ~ ~

I dare mention my bloomers in public.

Join me in the Chatroom! http:/
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2010, 06:01:43 am »

Speaking of which!
I've had a few problems connecting to brassgoggles over the last few days and I don't know if everyone's having these problems...
I have 2 more exams but I'm not focusing to hard on them so I'm back again

and welcome Shikua! Always good to have another RP-er on board Smiley

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2010, 06:13:07 am »

Once again I'm off to the wild yonder with the dulcimer society this weekend (performing in Pasadena, Texas' Armand Bayou State Park, specifically on the porch of the farmhouse of the Martyn Farm Living History area.

BUT...

I will be home in the evenings (Saturday and Sunday) around 9:00 pm central through maybe midnight or so!

(and thence to bed, us Old Folks (lol) have to rest sometime).

Glad to have you back, Corsair!
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 10:05:10 am »

Not a problem at all
Hey, you guys waited about 2 weeks for me, a few days isn't going to mean much
Shikua
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

Shikua
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2010, 10:08:07 pm »

Had some issues accessing this site lately, so I'll just have to figure out a character, and I'll probably post a small description of him before I go a-posting.
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:10 pm »

Ah, everyone has. We're having server problems, so it's up and down. And that works!
Shikua
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

Shikua
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »

Yeah I had figure it was as such.
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2010, 12:48:33 pm »

Shikua, post a character description, pleaseth.
(I haven't posted one due to the fact that I'm barely on here (no thanks to work))

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2010, 03:04:50 pm »

Sorry you have to work so much, Cornelia  Sad .

Maybe you'll get a break soon...
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 10:42:41 pm »

Re-edited my post.

Sorry... misunderstanding on my part. Undecided

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:27 am »

no problem.

I don't actually 'speak' portuguese, but I used to peruse a lot of webpages that were written in portuguese (looking up travel info for friends) so I can usually get the gist of it. It's not all that different from Spanish, but some of the word endings can be tricky. Not sure how the lingo came about, but it's interesting to pick apart. (that's not to say I'm any good at speaking or reading or writing it, though, lol)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2010, 05:57:10 am »

I'm such a wealth of useless info, lol Cheesy
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2010, 09:26:17 am »

We all are in some ways it seems...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:35 pm »

((OOC:I may have 'bad' news in the offing...

This is not in any way related to recent occurrences in the Portrayal section, but it could potentially have a great effect on them on my end of things.  My doctor and I will be 'dicussing treatment' today (all very sudden, following labwork yesterday Huh).

It occurs to me that it could all fall out that I will not be able to continue this or the other RPs I am involved with; I will continue as long as I can, but if surgery or other extreme treatment is called for I will have to either take a break or discontinue altogether. Only time will tell. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might cause to or for anyone.))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:45:04 pm by MWBailey » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2010, 11:54:41 pm »

Its a good thing my doc is so conscientious. The stuff below might sound like a rant, but it's actually in praise of my doctor, rather than a complaint.

Turns out its not surgery, not intensive insulin therapy (yet), but rather
1. Catastrophically too much fat (triglycerides)-stop eating fatty things, low-cal diet
2. bad sugar control - not so many carbs, etc.
3. for one and 2, see a dietician and follow the instructions assiduously.

Now: Here's the really odd part. You know how weight-loss people tell you to drink water when you're hungry, to take up space and such?? Well, it seems I took that a little too far. The doctor said my my Sodium was dangerously low; in essence, I had been drinking so much water that I had washed all of the salt from my system! It's actually more complex than that, but the low sodium result still works out the same, so number four is still:
4. Eat More Salt ... (No, I'm not kidding).

(please, don't take this as any sort of proof that salt is not harmful; remember, all medical cases are different .It should also be mentioned that I used to consume three sixpacks of cokes per day; my intake of water was partly to combat the cravings for diet colas. And they say they're not addictive... Undecided)

So...I suppose that I'm back, but I''m also to get much more exercise, so maybe I won't have as much time...we'll just have to see...
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2010, 02:01:45 am »

I'm too tired due to my own school/exercise regimen myself (was about thirty-five - forty pounds overweight and at risk for health problems, so was forced to loose it) so have no idea what's going on and I'm too tired to read over it. Will I be terribly left in the dust if I jump back in?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:21 am »

Probably not, it's slowed a bit at the moment. Of course you yourself are your own bestr yardstick of how 'in the dust' you are. I'd/we'd hate to lose you...
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2010, 06:01:58 am »

Definitely 'we' there...
It's never nice to lose someone. I cite Ruix earlier on as a testament to that.

I hope everything stays manageable for you Alegrah.

And of course, I hope you get your health well and truly under control Bailey. My parents are constantly updating themselves on diet theories and science so if you do have questions I can probably lend a bit of a hand.
And lay off the mince pies a little Tongue
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2010, 03:00:29 pm »

Gaaaaagghh! SO very sorry, I wrote 'Curacao' instead of 'Macau.' fortunately i realizes what I had done just as breakfast came to a close this AM, and managed to get online and fix it, hopefully before it confused too mnay people. *pant...pant...pant*
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2010, 09:12:56 am »

Is Mr Li Tung my man in Macau or a different character you're introducing?
Just want to be sure before I go adding plot devices Cheesy
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2010, 04:29:23 pm »

I'm out of town til the weekend (headed to Georgia shortly), so don't go too far without me, gentlemen!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2010, 06:33:03 pm »

Is Mr Li Tung my man in Macau or a different character you're introducing?
Just want to be sure before I go adding plot devices Cheesy

I invented/inserted him so that it could be so if you wanted; you may feel free to invent someone else if you wish, but I intended him to be either Arthur's ally or his adversary, whichever you choose. Sorry about my tardiness in posting to that effect; things are a little weird around our house right now. Nothing to worry about, though. (knock on wood).

...By the way, what did Arthur whisper in Brantley's ear? Something about Li Tung, perhaps?

Hurry Back, Alegrah! Smiley

Maybe we could elaborate on Eddie and Li Tung (or whomever you wish, Corsair  Wink) and the plot a bit, then wait for Alegrah...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:45:31 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: