The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 04:57:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool laptop  (Read 2470 times)
Dimentox
« on: March 02, 2007, 03:01:45 pm »

http://ironwork.jp/monkey_farm/computer/pc2.html

Have you seen this?

OHebel Wring
Snr. Officer
The world is only 80 days away.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:09:16 pm »

i love that one.

especially like the Morse code (mouse?) and the wooden space bar.

it's all about the details.

I have not seen it running in any pictures, though, so the my skeptic spirit has yet to be calmed.

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes. “
-Sherlock Holmes
Datamancer
Hero of The Realm
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Gomi no sensei

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:39:24 pm »

Likewise. Not to take anything away from it because it's a beautiful creation, but that mod is easily 5 years old by now and I've never seen a single photo of it running.

I hear that Datamancer.net guy is working on a laptop mod though. I wonder if that one will work.
Smiley
(seriously though, I have an HP Pavilion with a known overheating problem due to a design flaw that I'm trying to fix, so I really wonder if it'll work)

“I'm not a paranoid deranged millionaire. Goddamit, I'm a billionaire.” - Howard Hughes
OHebel Wring
Snr. Officer
The world is only 80 days away.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:47:00 pm »

I think this could be put under the "models or props" category.

Tel Janin
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 06:43:26 am »

This laptop I'm writing from is heading for that fate. I decided as soon as I saw the pictures and fell in love. I feel that since this machine was such a bargain, it deserves better than to be abandoned when I inevitably upgrade. I have some ideas for how to even make it halfway portable. I'm especially excited about making the screen removable to slide into the chassis for transport. The one shown may have this functionality, but the sparsity of photographic evidence makes it difficult to be certain.

My last modification of any relevance was to build a functional low profile computer out of spare parts and a cardboard box. It still works too, sitting in my room at home.
Sir Farthington-Smythe
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 04:33:54 pm »

Very old post, but maybe it can be revived?  Have a look at this working Steampunk laptop.
Uhl´scher Kalkulator (Steampunk Laptop) .3gp
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: