The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 03:29:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brass Goggles ring  (Read 32510 times)
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #500 on: May 25, 2013, 12:06:44 pm »

THE HORROR.

After breaking and fixing my BGR twice, I've managed to lose it at work! Where can I procure a replacement? My hands feel funny without it, having worn it for all this time.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Copper
Gunner

Miss Victoria Copperburgh

« Reply #501 on: January 04, 2014, 03:03:35 am »

Hello,

Just wondering if these are still available to purchase?

I would really love one!  Smiley

Thanks,

Lady Victoria
Nordonna
Swab

United States United States

Gravatar

« Reply #502 on: January 07, 2014, 06:47:36 pm »

I as well would love to know if it's still available! My husband and I are having our actual wedding (We didn't have a proper wedding.) and it's of course it's all Steam! These would be prefect rings to give each other!
Ada Thorold
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #503 on: January 07, 2014, 06:52:33 pm »

To the UK people, I recently got a BG ring at the steampunk stand at MCM comic con in London so they are still available. I'm afraid I don't know who you would need to speak to about it though.

~A~
Michael Farley
Zeppelin Captain

mgfarley
« Reply #504 on: January 07, 2014, 06:56:41 pm »

At the last 'convivial' meeting of the Exeter Friendly Society of Steampunk and Burlesque down the pub, I had a horrible moment when I was convinced I'd lost my BG ring (I usually keep it on my pocket watch chain). After making everybody get out of their seats and spending ages searching under the table I gave up all hope of finding it.

When I got home it was sat on my front doorstep waiting for me. I must have dropped it on my way out of the house. I felt like a right numpty.

Don't you love a story with a happy ending?

Captain Quinlin Hopkins
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #505 on: January 08, 2014, 02:25:38 am »

Herr doktor should be able to help with the UK side.  Wilimhena frame(sp?) has the US supply. 

Sincerely,
Captain Quinlin Hopkins (Hoppy)

Do not ignore the freedoms of someone else, for eventually you will be someone else! 

DFW Steampunk Illumination Society
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #506 on: January 08, 2014, 04:47:39 am »

At the last 'convivial' meeting of the Exeter Friendly Society of Steampunk and Burlesque down the pub, I had a horrible moment when I was convinced I'd lost my BG ring (I usually keep it on my pocket watch chain). After making everybody get out of their seats and spending ages searching under the table I gave up all hope of finding it.

When I got home it was sat on my front doorstep waiting for me. I must have dropped it on my way out of the house. I felt like a right numpty.

Don't you love a story with a happy ending?

You feeling like a numpty is a happy ending?  (But I'm glad you found it.)

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Thadeus Tinker
Deck Hand

« Reply #507 on: January 09, 2014, 11:18:05 pm »

(Please note this is a new user ID for TimeTinker - I have not been able to get onto BG for months, the perils of using AOL perhaps?)

We are the producers of the BG ring and have them available.  They are on sale at most of the major steampunk markets in the UK or you can message Lady Elsie here on BG to purchase direct. 

(Sorry I won't be able to use PMs here for a little while as a new user.)
Dr cornelius quack
Rogue Ætherlord

Arrant Carney. Phmebian Cultural Attache.

« Reply #508 on: January 09, 2014, 11:48:32 pm »

(Please note this is a new user ID for TimeTinker - I have not been able to get onto BG for months, the perils of using AOL perhaps?)

We are the producers of the BG ring and have them available.  They are on sale at most of the major steampunk markets in the UK or you can message Lady Elsie here on BG to purchase direct. 

Always nice to see new folk joining BG.

Welcome aboard Mr. Tinker.
You'll soon get used to the place.

Such are the feeble bases on which many a public character rests.

Today, I am two, separate Gorillas.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #509 on: January 10, 2014, 02:55:12 am »

Stop by the Engine Room section and start a thread there, and let's see if we can get this fixed properly. BTW good to see you back!  Smiley

Back to topic: I think it's about time I owned a BG ring myself - I'm not going anywhere, so might as well make it official... (no, you all can't get rid of me that easily!Wink

SS

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
delCano
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

Gravatar

elKano_L
« Reply #510 on: January 13, 2014, 03:26:45 pm »

THE HORROR.

After breaking and fixing my BGR twice, I've managed to lose it at work! Where can I procure a replacement? My hands feel funny without it, having worn it for all this time.
Something similar has happened to me, I haven't lost it but it has broken several times and the fixes have grown messier (I am not very adroit).

Thadeus Tinker, would it be possible to send one to Spain? I can't go to UK in the next months (and to go just for one ring seems a bit overkill).
And I am considering the possibility of casting it in a stronger metal so it does not break so often. Does anybody has any suggestions?
Thadeus Tinker
Deck Hand

« Reply #511 on: January 13, 2014, 03:31:15 pm »

Of course they can be sent to Spain.

I am most surprised by people saying they have broken them though.  Not something that anyone has ever mentioned to me directly.  What do you do with your hands to break them?   Grin
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #512 on: January 13, 2014, 04:18:12 pm »

I am most surprised by people saying they have broken them though.  Not something that anyone has ever mentioned to me directly.  What do you do with your hands to break them?   Grin

I think mine broke because its just a little too big, so because I wear it all if the time, it got deformed and I would bend it back into a more circular shape. After a while it couldn't take it and broke next to the buckle in the back. Lucky for me, I had bought one for my husband as well, and he let me have his...

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Thadeus Tinker
Deck Hand

« Reply #513 on: January 13, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »

I think mine broke because its just a little too big, so because I wear it all if the time, it got deformed and I would bend it back into a more circular shape. After a while it couldn't take it and broke next to the buckle in the back.

Work hardening the metal I can understand.  Repeated bending is not friendly to most metals especially in a cast form. 
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #514 on: January 13, 2014, 11:33:13 pm »

What do you do with your hands to break them?   Grin

I find slamming them hard in the car door several times, is a good way to break your hands.  Lot's of other option available too...

Tongue Tongue

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

SS
delCano
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

Gravatar

elKano_L
« Reply #515 on: January 14, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

My story is similar to the one from ForestB, the ring was a very little bit too large, and I wore it all the time so it deformed constantly. Not really a conscious action from me, jut the consequence of using it a lot, the metal being quite soft, and the ring a bit large.
My wife bought the small one though, so I am going to try it and see if it would fit me in another finger maybe; shall I PM you with size and address and you send me payment details?
Thadeus Tinker
Deck Hand

« Reply #516 on: January 14, 2014, 05:31:57 pm »

No problem.

I think I have been back long enough to accept PMs now. Smiley
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #517 on: January 14, 2014, 08:19:54 pm »

No problem.

I think I have been back long enough to accept PMs now. Smiley

We are back to using post counts rather than time online, but you are allready promoted to 'Deck Hand' after a couple of posts, so PMs should be working now. Smiley

SS
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #518 on: January 22, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »

I'm not sure wether to use the true answer, or the far more entertaining, fake answer Grin

No but really, mine broke (I think!) because it was a tiny bit too big and when I used to drive a lot, it would bend it out of shape, creating a weak point near the buckle detail. My dad's wedding ring used to bend out of shape because of the holding on to things and excessive driving. I wore my BG ring every single day since the day it was purchased at Asylum, so that might be a contributing factor!
caramelwhistle
Gunner

Reductio ad Absurdum

caramelwhistle
« Reply #519 on: January 28, 2014, 12:13:32 am »

Im trying to become a ring wearing person but I'm very picky about what I put in my 'collection'.

These are something I like! I want, hope they, or something similar, are available four years on!

Join Steampunk: Milton Keynes and Northampton
Find Us on: MeetupFacebook and Twiter

Attended Events: Steampunk at the Seaside 2013 + 2014
bassspine
Snr. Officer

inventor of Castrol-R aftershave

« Reply #520 on: February 01, 2014, 09:17:44 pm »

No but really, mine broke (I think!) because it was a tiny bit too big and when I used to drive a lot, it would bend it out of shape, creating a weak point near the buckle detail.

I did the same thing, it broke right by the 'buckle'. My attempt at soldering was quite exciting as it evaporated the ring!

Bwahahaha! They called me mad! MAD! But with my cross-dimensional time-fez I'll show them!!!!! hehehehe!!
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #521 on: May 01, 2017, 03:45:32 pm »

Yippee, I am now the proud owner of a Brass Goggles ring which I definitely did not get at the Rifle Club Illicit Market at WGW, because, of course, there was no such event.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #522 on: May 01, 2017, 05:05:48 pm »

May I ask if these are still available other than attending events at the other end of the country for me?

How do I get my grubby little hands on one?

Thanks.

annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #523 on: May 01, 2017, 09:23:17 pm »

I'm also quite interested! These are lovely!

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #524 on: May 02, 2017, 02:19:45 am »

And in the antipodes ...?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: