The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 10:44:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Officers Visor Cap/Crusher Cap with Pattern!  (Read 37283 times)
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 11:21:16 pm »

ANOTHER HAT!  OH JOY!!!!

If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!
Unsubtle Pete
Snr. Officer
England England

Discerning Scoundrel.

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 11:45:52 pm »

Thank you, good sir, I may well try this.

With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

NEW Discerning Scoundrel blog
MistressMagpie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 11:12:37 am »

Its a goddamn shame that many of these historical patterns has fallen into the hands of greedy leeches.
Why cant people be allowed to make what they want without paying shitloads of money?

At risk of derailing the thread, would you care to elaborate, sir?

MAGPIE, n. A bird whose thievish disposition suggested to someone that it might be taught to talk.
        -- The Devil's Dictionary

Avatar made with much assistance from Ammotu's artistic talents.
General Breck
Swab

Canada Canada

______

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 05:30:48 pm »

Thanks for posting this I have got three hats sewed already!
Greaser350
Snr. Officer

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 01:58:03 am »

Its a goddamn shame that many of these historical patterns has fallen into the hands of greedy leeches.
Why cant people be allowed to make what they want without paying shitloads of money?

At risk of derailing the thread, would you care to elaborate, sir?

If I were to guess, I'd say he's making reference to any number of reproduction militaria establishments that charge an arm and a leg for similar caps.
rozza
Swab

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 12:28:43 am »

This looks so good, ive been looking for something like this for ever! i was just wondering is it okay to mod the patterns a bit so that the peak comes a bit higher? and i want it to be stiff at the front.

if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, thats the shape of cap i want to make. I am NOT a Nazi!!! Just like the caps.
http://ph.ioffer.com/i/german-ww-ii-waffen-ss-visor-cap-small-size-207122014
fatolbaldguy
Swab

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 04:53:01 am »

I bought a sewing machine just to make this. Now some of the pics don't want to open to full size:( is it me or the thumbnails!
grimnir
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Maker of fine Leathercrafts

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 04:13:07 am »

Does anyone have copies of this pattern as some of the pics are no longer working Sad

Kindest regards, Raven

fatolbaldguy
Swab

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 01:46:20 am »

I love this pattern. I even went and bought a sewing machine just to try this. Alas I cant print all the pages. Any chance of getting the files reposted or messaged or some other computer magic? Thanks
grimnir
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Maker of fine Leathercrafts

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 12:24:49 pm »

Yes I had the same problem, I don't have all the images. I tried anyway but it didn't work... At ALL. lol
fatolbaldguy
Swab

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 08:03:25 pm »

I just split all the seams on one of my old combination cap covers to create patterns. I don't know if this will work. I know in the US, soldiers and sailors used to pull the rubber stiffener out of there caps to give it a crusher like look. Today's caps have a metal band that can't really be removed and in today's military you'd get reamed for doing it anyway.  I hope eventually to come up with a usable pattern. I'd like to make a cap with a U boat commander-esk peak to it after I get this all figured out. What? I like the German style peaked hats I think they're cool. It's not a political statement the bundespolitzi still wear them. I'm first generation German I think it's hard wired in there somewhere. Grin
fatolbaldguy
Swab

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 03:42:27 am »

I feel like I found the place they had a great party but everyone left a year ago  Cry
Corroded Alloy
Zeppelin Admiral
Wales Wales

JacobTheunissen
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 04:16:04 pm »

I feel like I found the place they had a great party but everyone left a year ago  Cry

I know exactly what you mean.

Small though it is, the human brain can be quite effective when used properly.
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 08:31:51 pm »

2 1/2 years late for these files, actually.. Tongue

fatolbaldguy
Swab

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 03:26:19 pm »

Ok for what it's worth. Trying this as my very first sewing project is akin to learning skydiving by correspondence course while falling out of the plane. So far I destroyed a combination cap cover to recreate the pattern. It came out pretty good using denim material. Please don't look at the stitching too close. The brim is giving me fits. I started with a web belt for a stiffener but broke my machine's needle. I will go back to the sewing store and suffer the pretty frekeled redhead's look of pity as I try and figure out what to do next. I will have this hat!
Miss Groves
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

running out of steam

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »

this is excellent. i've only ever found a doll sized pattern for one of these. i now have plans for some!
thank you thank you

Happy Solar Circumnavigation Day!
"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest of forms." - Sherlock Holmes
Let's eat Grandpa. Let's eat, Grandpa. Punctuation can save someone's life.
£5 out of £295 for a metal clay kiln : ( 
woonitu
Swab

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 03:42:28 am »

The top of the hat pattern and step 8 both are broken links to me, can someone re-post them?
Aldous Horatio Langley IV
Deck Hand

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 10:37:13 pm »

The top of the hat pattern and step 8 both are broken links to me, can someone re-post them?

For me as well!  And I resoundingly second woonitu's plea for a repost of the broken links....
wyldmann2000
Swab

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »

Step 4 won't load for me nor is step 8 showing up at all. Is there anything important in those two steps? I am going to try my hand at this cap in leather. I saw one in the recent past and want to build one! Thanks so much for the pattern! It was a difficult journey finding this! 2 days of internet search, but alas, It has been found!
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

I will see what I can find. In the meantime

Do we have a place where we can archive clothing patterns & etc, easily found?

yhs
prof marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Momoko
Swab

Switzerland Switzerland

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2016, 12:24:46 am »

Same question for Picture 4 and 8 :/ I want to sew this hat for a Cosplay >w< anyone has these pictures on their computer?
Larry A.
Swab

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2016, 11:27:21 pm »

Hello to all,  First off, THANK YOU for this thread!!!!  Why? Because I have been looking for a Crusher cap pattern so that I might make the one missing part of my "Forbidden Planet" uniform.....The "Officers" Crush Cap"!   I have noticed that the 4th page of the instructions will not print out, or even show!   Might I PLEASE prevail on one of the board's members to post it for me?
    I am a 62 year old Fully disabled Viet-Nam veteran who has always enjoyed "Forbidden Planet" and wanted the Officers' crush cap.

I am also a fan of the "old" RPG of "Space 1889" and miss it greatly.   For those not in the know, "S:1889" was one of THE 1st Steam Punk RPGs.

Thank You All in advance for any and all help and Greeting from Fairborn, Ohio, U.S. of A.

Yours truly
    Larry A.
Steam Titan
Snr. Officer

fulgur adducere

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2016, 12:54:25 am »

Works great for Warhammer 40k Commissar hat too
Larry A.
Swab

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2016, 10:45:36 pm »

I'd love to see it in a LARP Version of "Space 1889" as well!
mystmoon92
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2016, 12:03:37 pm »

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I can't seem to get part 4 or 8 to load though?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: