The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 10:53:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vintage swiss pocketwatch  (Read 1340 times)
sbeach2
Swab

« on: July 19, 2010, 01:20:28 am »

We have an old pocketwatch I believe around the 1800's. There is no name on it only it says "Lever fully jewelled" and all three covers of the watch have the number 1471 stamped on them. It also says neuchatel. This is also on the one of the covers Fis Gauthier (then a symbol) Cie. Anyone have any idea who made it. Can't find a watch company with Gauthier in its name. This watch works and is wound by 2 different size keys. Would love to have any info on this watch, or at least point me in the right direction. More info: On the inside of the front cover under 1471 it is stamped AP. The is also a picture of what I believe to be an enamel picture of a jester type character. The markings Fis Gauthier & Cie I believe are French and it says Fis Gauthier et Cie which translated means Gauthier made and company. Gauthier et Cie was the company involved with making of the Satue of Liberty. They were one of the foundries.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:53:35 pm by sbeach2 » Logged
Abslomrob
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »

I assume you meant "Fils Gauthier & Cie", which I can't find any specific reference for, but is likely a small family-owned watch company or jewelry store.  I also imagine you meant "Neuchatal", which is a reference to a canton in Switzerland that was the probable origin of at least the case, if not the watch itself.  Beyond that, we'd need to see pictures of the watch and movment to tell you more. 

All my vintages are at http://www.abslomrob.com
sbeach2
Swab

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 06:55:25 pm »

How do you add photos?HuhHuhHuh?
Pike
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Failed the Turing Test

pikestaff
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 01:53:06 pm »

How do you add photos?HuhHuhHuh?

This guide may be of some help to you...

"The law of entropy has been losing steam lately..."
sbeach2
Swab

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »

sorry no hlp still can't figure out guess I won't be back sight to complicated to use. Not a computer genius
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 03:58:08 am »

Yeah,not as easy as other sites,but still no reason to be a boob(wait a minute,I like those....)

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: