The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 09:45:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: steamy mantel clock ?  (Read 1172 times)
k-9
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« on: July 17, 2010, 03:01:43 pm »

well picked this clock at value village our local second hand store for 4.99 plus it was a Sunday so blue tags half off a even better price  Grin. any how i was going to do a steampunk clock  Cool so brought it home the said no your not i said why she said do you know how much that clock sells for so i looked it up http://www.bizrate.com/clocks/seiko-giza-pyramid-qxg119glh-mantel-clock--pid558566107/  Shocked that was one hell of a buy heheheheh so now it sets on the mantel  Sad no steampunking it the wife said no  Cheesy here are pics
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr. Danali Walker-Manx
Gunner

Armchair adventurer

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:43:49 pm »

A very fine bargain, my good man. It's too bad you aren't allowed to make it better. I think that clock is screaming to be Steampunked, with a Victorian/Egyptian motif.

Still, a very nice mantle clock you have there. Enjoy it!
k-9
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:59:56 pm »

A very fine bargain, my good man. It's too bad you aren't allowed to make it better. I think that clock is screaming to be Steampunked, with a Victorian/Egyptian motif.

Still, a very nice mantle clock you have there. Enjoy it!

thanks. This is true but maybe i can in time i can do a cool case of some kind  Wink
Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 08:32:29 pm »

A jolly good find.

It appears to be missing its' plinth, perhaps you could make a suitable steamy plinth - Egyptianesque with hydraulic columns, hieroglyphs,  mechanical sphinx, etc

Visit my Facebook page Jason's Gems Jewellery at jasonsgemsjewellery
or my website Jason's Gems
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: