The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 05:43:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam and Sand 2: Anthracite Days - (OoC and Character Thread)  (Read 9704 times)
captianjarizate
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 12:42:25 am »

well i am a complete novice at this so here goes Smiley

Name:Edward Crawford

Appearance: he stands around 6"4. his face is shaved but not recently his stubble is dark.Two scars run down the left side of his face. His eyes are deep in his face so that he looks like a man that has walked many days with no rest his face bears a dark look which would strike fear into the hearts of the bravest men. He is very muscular and well built.

Nationality: original from the Lancashire state but after being cast out his where-a-bouts are unknown

Weapon of Choice: the heavily adorned 50 calibre sniper rifle he took off a high ranking soldier he killed also a smaller 30 calibre pistols in a holster on his right thigh

Attire: He wears a thick, long, grey military style jacket that has a high collar and comes down to around his knees; probably scavenged off the dead body of a Yorkshire militia below his coat you can just see a small amount of his trousers; which have blatantly been repaired many times, after this is the top of his boots these; unlike the rest of his attire, are pristine almost new. The toes of which are covered with brass bolted on to the boots themselves. from under his coat you can just glimpse many belts and holsters holding an assortment of weapons, the most noticeable of which being a heavily adorned rifle slung across his back obviously taken off the dead body of a wealthy airship captain.

Background: Edward was born in the Mersepolis Atrium but his parents were killed by anglian soldiers while crossing the wastes after this he began to hate the world and started to steal with a small group of vagabonds. On a late night in the under layers of the Mersepolis Atrium one of the younger members of the group was caught stealing by a drunken man with knife, as the man was about to spill the young boys blood across the floor a gunshot rang out in the small alley of a street. Edward hit the drunkard right between the eyes killed him on the spot; he still carries that pistols to this day, unfortunately for Edward the man had been standing outside a popular tavern and the tenants had seen everything. He was taken to court where the judge said that to make an example of him he would be out cast to the wastes. He and his band of vagabonds now roam the wastes on motorcycles and rigs killing and stealing from everyone who crosses there path, though he resides a special death for any anglian soldier that unfortunately crosses his path. He also hopes to find an airship frame so that he can take to the skies.
JohnSix
Zeppelin Admiral
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Doctor of Magic

Johnsix
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 01:46:31 am »

Name: Samuel Parker O'Grady

Nationality: Irish.

Weapon of Choice: Knifes,Chinese Boxing, pure luck, running away.

Skills: Lockpicking. Cold reading. Prestidigitation. Pickpocketing. Pure Luck.

Appearance: 5'7". Lightly built. Usually sports scruffy short brown hair and stubble, though he cleans up as required. He remains rather nondescript by choice.

Attire: Usually wears long brown coat over whatever casual clothes he's picked up, currently a loose white shirt dark brown trousers and fairly worn wok boots. Usually steals or cons what he needs as he goes.

Background: Born in post event Dublin, Sam was abandoned fairly early. he was passed around various makeshift orphanages, shelters and religious institutions. Once he hit 13 Sam decided he was tired of that nonsense and promptly left to work on the rigs.
While he picked up a few skills at maintaining rigs, he wasn't the best crewhand. Instead he faired much better by conning and stealing from the other crew mates. Of course this wore out his welcome on the Irish rigs fairly quickly.
By 16 he'd made the perilous crossing to England. Later that year in London Sam was inducted into a guild of thieves after successfully ripping off on of their high ranking (and soon after, former) members. With the guild he sharpened his skills, learned new ones such as pickpocketing and lockpicking as well as various little factoids about targets. Sam even learned how to fight from an odd oriental man in Whitehall who taught him Chinese Boxing. Also the various escapades allowed him to build up quite a network of contacts around England.
But Sam soon grew bored of the guild in London and struck out on his own. This wasn't pleasing to the guild...
He spend the last few years wandering the wasteland, conning his way onto rigs, even doing honest work the odd time.
Current he needs to get out of the Bromwicham Atrium sharpish.
His last con didn't go exactly to plan....

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 06:16:58 am by JohnSix » Logged

Steampunk Radio Play.
Now taking auditions.
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16578.0
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 09:50:30 am »

*phew* sorry for the monster post in the main thread there... a lot of ideas all at once. Seems there's going to be some action before the job even starts.  Cool

Ohh and Bailey, feel free to describe Harris in more detail.. I only gave a rough description in this thread since I don't know a lot about the various fashions of this setting.  Undecided
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:52:17 am by ScytheKnight » Logged

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Are you living in the real world?

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 11:04:44 pm »

Hopefully i didnt overstep in descriptions or in the action. if so, tell me and I'll try to fix it.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 11:52:01 pm »

Hmeh, for now its fine, though in the future its probably best to keep a semblance of order by announcing your characters actions and then letting the GM relay the results of said actions, keeping it closer to a classic RP.

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 12:06:44 am »

Well I have an action set for you.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 05:55:52 am »

Hm, how does combat work in this game? I dont want to metagame a victory, but I'm not entirely sire how it should play out.
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 10:06:45 am »

Hehe, well that was interesting.. was I the only one remembering that bar in Black Lagoon that winds up getting shot to hell a couple of times?  Grin
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 03:08:51 pm »

Hmm... yes. The Yellow Flag, wasn't it?  Cheesy
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 03:50:48 am »

Adjusted Reply #23 to reflect a more reasonable period of time having passed, for purposes of flow (It seemed odd for Miri and Pitivo to have taken the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon to exit a doorway and forge on through the smoke from Harris' grenade, then bump into Sam, who would also probably not have walked so slowly that it took him that long to reach the alley and be bumped into! Sorry about that, folks. Tongue Wink Cheesy ).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:05:25 am by MWBailey » Logged
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 07:56:39 am »

Just giving you guys a heads-up that my situation at home just blew up... my dad's left home, I have no idea if this is something temporary or permanent... but right now feel a bit like a gutted fish... just though I might let you know since my posting may become a bit erratic in time and possibly content as well.

Right now I don't know what's going to be happening with pretty much anything.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 08:05:50 am »

I am sorry to hear that.  I hope things stabilize for you soon.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 09:35:53 pm »

Just giving you guys a heads-up that my situation at home just blew up... my dad's left home, I have no idea if this is something temporary or permanent... but right now feel a bit like a gutted fish... just though I might let you know since my posting may become a bit erratic in time and possibly content as well.

Right now I don't know what's going to be happening with pretty much anything.
Sorry Scytheknight. Here's hoping it all gets worked out to your benefit & you can get back to a stable pattern of things.

MWBailey
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 08:14:55 pm »

I am going to be out of town this weekend but i should be back on sunday.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »

I will be similarly out for Saturday midday and maybe afternoon as well; the Dulcimer Society has a gig out at Cypress Top (heritage day shindig; a couple of other musical groups are going to be there as well).
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 03:40:59 am »

I hope I didn't stop the thread...
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 04:02:35 am »

Hehe, the two of us HAVE been hogging the action somewhat haven't we?  Wink
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 04:52:00 am »

You didn't stop the thread I have just been super busy and I will poke Nigel about posting too
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 06:02:58 am »

*hands Stella a brass cattle-prod*

Here, this might help.  Wink  Grin
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 06:18:55 am »

Sorry I've been absent, I've been dealing with increased amounts of work.

Though it currently seems you're running the game fine by yourselves and have no need of a GM....  Tongue
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 07:03:50 pm »

not true, I think we're all building up to the GM's outcome for the notch detour play...

I'm just at home with little or nothing to do other than banjo, flutes and didge... Tongue

I need something to distract me from the things that I'm doing to entertain myself during the off (non-teaching/non-subbing) season...lol...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 03:19:33 am »

hmmm... should we continue or proceed?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2010, 02:00:35 pm »

My posting may be slow or worse for the next three or four days., as I'lll mostly be at the Annual Bayou City Oldtime Music and Dulcimer Festival here.

http://bayoucitymusicfest.com/

I'll still check, nights, when I get home, though. I might be too pooped to post, though.Have to see...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010, 03:48:34 pm »

I am going to try and post tonight.  I am in the middle of packing to move and getting ready for a convention so I am super busy.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:29 pm »

I am leaving this afternoon for anime iowa,  I am not sire if I will have computer access but I will be back Sunday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: