The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 06:27:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we done anything productive today?  (Read 94085 times)
Ezra Hogbin
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Sir Hilary Codswallop, at your service

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 10:31:13 pm »

Well, I've been constructive.
My first foot on the "punk" step of the Steampunk ladder Cheesy
I have converted my recent purchase of pince-nez glasses into pince-nez sunglasses.

Hope it's sunny tomorrow Grin  Grin

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 11:22:53 pm »

I'm getting dreadfully close to having a first draft of my latest story done. I aim to get it done today, preferably before dinner.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
The Kernel
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

Nutty Scientist

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 11:42:25 pm »

Washed the cars
Bought plants and trellis
Was caught out by the sun and now look like a Belisha Beacon
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:51:06 pm by The Kernel » Logged

One for whom the terms GEEK and NERD are considered great compliments
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 11:44:39 pm »

Baked and ate chocolate cake. What more could anyone want

arcwelder
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Reverse the polarity!

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 11:49:40 pm »

Fresh fudge, a fine telescope on a clear night, a warm bed.

Mad repairman for the ship of the damned.

Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:02 am »

I had a very productive day. Hit my fee goal at work today, finished delinquent letters for about sixty accounts, and finished checking our delinquent files to see that they've been documented correctly.

Still, though, I didn't finish everything I wanted to finish this weekend, so I'll be going in tomorrow morning for a few hours to hopefully finish up what I missed, and then I'm off to a different location. I feel like the region's collection whore. I'm getting passed around the region to get delinquency rates down pretty fast, for someone who has only been there for a month. Cheesy

Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 09:47:09 am »

I had a lovely day yesterday, I had an ok day at work (it was SUPER slow), but more importantly....MR C RETURNED! Yeay! Productivity-wise, probably not though, lol!

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Mr_IsiaahWallace
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 09:49:02 am »

So far I've managed to prepare 9 sets of fish and eyeball dissections for bottom Y10 to butcher, managed to repair the broken taps on the Kipps gas generator and built a Jacobs Ladder for a physics prac tomorrow... Not a bad start to monday morning.

Now all I need to do is find a way to step up the 5.5KV EHT unit we have to somewhere around the 10-15KV mark, all in the name of science!

If that sir, is your idea of reality, I shall stay here and converse with the fish.
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:44 am »

Fresh fudge, a fine telescope on a clear night, a warm bed.

I can't make fudge. It neve goes right for me but I love it  Sad
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 07:48:36 pm »

I updated my blog's template, put adsense in (only in a couple places,) monkied with the layout, and added a new post.

Writing on something that will be posted tomorrow.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 09:19:07 pm »

I went and got my car tags legal(six months late), did two loads of laundry sans dryer... I'll be glad when it's repaired..and now I'm going to try and create something different for dinner..

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2010, 05:26:15 am »

I had a very productive day today. Got three rounds of calls done at work, a few reference calls done, and worked through my pile of files on my desk that was about the same length as my elbow to my fingertips, and it is now only a handspan tall. And my hands are tiny. I'm pretty pleased with myself. Grin
Capt. Morion
Snr. Officer

Captain of the Stormchaser

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:56 am »

Today was actually fairly productive. Finished organizing all the files on my new computer (switching platforms is a pain but I'm finally back to Mac ) so I can start sorting and editing the 14,000+ photos that I took on my trip. Also went through my entire fabric stash to figure out what I have and sorted all my notions, trim, etc. Ended the day by reorganizing my metal- and leather-working tool box and getting a good start on sorting out and condensing all of my jewelry supplies. So yeah, overall pretty productive, especially considering the fact that I didn't get up till 11:30 '

The bad guys always have the best tailors
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2010, 07:43:36 am »

Yes, actually! Put (most of) the finishing touches on a vacuum system that I and some colleagues have been building/rebuilding/restoring and got it running. I still need to add in a vent valve (once I find one... I have a T, just no valve to put on it) and I think the diff needs more oil in it (we're only getting 10^-5 Torr range, I was hoping for 10^-6). So, pretty chuffed. I did almost all the stripping down, cleaning and scrounging for parts, but got busy with other things (demonstrating, and working with a guy who is only here for a few weeks with whom I really needed to do some work...) when we got to reassembly, so I probably did about a third of that work, or less. Still!

I love vacuum systems. They are like Lego, but people think you're doing serious work! XD
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:52 am »

Pleasantly productive.

Began work on a new tileset for NWN2 - an underwater outpost in (What I hope will be) a steampunky style.

Lots of different design roughs and shape blocking resulted in a firm direction and good progress, very fun, very productive!
Silent Theatre
Officer

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 11:51:27 am »

I got my new car tax(I weeped as I handed over a wodge of cash) and bought 4 box frames which Im pondering how I should use them.Any theme ideas?

Sir A Poiselamppe
Zeppelin Overlord

Inventor of the Homing Battenburgram

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 12:36:59 pm »

Fixed my rapidly disintegrating chair..... Grin

Miss Romwell
Snr. Officer

An aspidistra.

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2010, 02:16:38 pm »

Finally sorted out my hyperlinked sig banner! Yay! Cheesy
It'd been annoying me for days now, and Mr Romwell gave me some overly complicated code for it that wasn't working, some of which I had to strip out, but I did it without completely breaking it and voila! Success!!
Otherwise it's just the usual round of cleaning, and not long till the school run. With any luck I'll get my linen plus-fours at least half done by the end of today, and a chunk of the illustration for my next blog post.
Major Wolfram Quicksilver
Zeppelin Overlord

If you can't make a mistake you can't make a thing

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 04:23:54 pm »

Bought several things off The Bay of E, including a blue cloth Home Service helmet that was I was given a 2nd chance at as I was sniped in the auction.  Now about to visit my tailor to pick up a tropical service jacket I had altered to fit my 'comfortable' frame!

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2010, 04:31:47 am »

I visited two slaughterhouses.  This is what I am paid to do and hence it is by definition productive.

In a way, a slaughterhouse is a sorta-kinda steampunk environment, especially the older ones with their dim lighting and concrete floors and noisy machinery everywhere (I'm sorta dancing around mentioning the Victorian style pay scales, but...).  It doesn't seem likely they'll be a popular steampunk setting however.  I could set one up and go for the Grand Prize for Deadest MetaClub Ever...  Cheesy

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
arcwelder
Zeppelin Admiral

Reverse the polarity!

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2010, 04:34:33 am »

It doesn't seem likely they'll be a popular steampunk setting however.

Most of the slaughterhouses I've seen smell funny.

The one that didn't had been abandoned for a number of decades.
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 05:04:49 am »

It doesn't seem likely they'll be a popular steampunk setting however.

Most of the slaughterhouses I've seen smell funny.

The one that didn't had been abandoned for a number of decades.

Erm, yeah, and when there's active slaughter going on "funny" is an understatement.  I've found plants by following my nose, and/or by the vultures circling above.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2010, 03:27:28 am »

In spite of broken wisdom tooth I finished tomorrow's blog post.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2010, 11:50:24 am »

Sanded down and revarnished part of my model steam launch.  Now waiting for the one side to dry and harden before I can flip it and do the other.

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Lyca
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2010, 12:14:34 pm »

As yet, I have been to the weekly carboot at the end of the road, and purchased an excellent set of vintage leather and elastic braces (the proper sort) for £2, and a roll of very old book sleeving for fifty pence. I am currently drafting a pattern for some ladies spats; photos forthcoming. For my lunch, I shall be making asparagus tart. However, at just past midday at time of posting, the day is still young!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: