The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2017, 02:42:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we done anything productive today?  (Read 94104 times)
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2150 on: November 05, 2016, 12:32:38 am »

Have had the builder in this week, putting a window into the west wall of my office/library/study, so putting most it all backing some sort of order is on the agenda.

Also have to write my thesis supervisors monthly report, which was due yesterday. Shoulder was very painful, so today will have to do - I am usually right on time, so I don't think there will be any repercussions!

Attending the local church flower show this afternoon - neighbour is entering some flowers. Devonshire afternoon tea - yum!

Tomorrow is supper at the bowling club on the other side of my house. I am a social member only, so while the competition bowlers toil away, I can watch, or not, and enjoy a nice read followed by arvo tea/supper, for $5.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2151 on: December 02, 2016, 11:21:52 pm »

All my cards and Christmas presents, that need to be posted, have been posted.  One less job to do.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #2152 on: December 19, 2016, 06:30:00 pm »

Been working on a steampunk audio comedy. Ooooo I have such sounds to show you....

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2153 on: December 19, 2016, 09:01:59 pm »

Having just got up (6.43am here) the only things I have done is fed the cat and played chasey round the house with him and a Christmas reindeer bell, then let him out for a bit while it is still relatively cool. When he comes in that will be it for a few months, as I am getting another cat this week, and neither of them will be let out until the colder weather next year.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #2154 on: December 21, 2016, 10:59:30 pm »

Have packed ready for my trip home on (early) friday morning (since I only get the 24th and 25th off I've booked the following week off work, just so as I can enjoy some time with my family).

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2155 on: December 22, 2016, 10:42:27 pm »

Managed to get the liquid refreshments and sweets for the residents of the nursing home where I'm activity organiser. 
And I hope that's the last supermarket visit before Christmas!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2156 on: December 23, 2016, 05:38:12 am »

Went into town for my ortho Dr's appointment, put the car through the car wash so it will look good for a while, had a prescription filled and visited the supermarket, came home, collected the mail, then spent time with Telstra and ISP sorting out the issues that have kept me off line for a few days!
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #2157 on: December 23, 2016, 09:35:11 am »

Christmas tree, lights and deco finally up last weekend!

Four dozen Special Christmas Cookies ( special allergy free:  no wheat (gluten), soy, dairy, egg, or yeast, and coconut sugar instead of regular)
baked and distributed to our Friends cannot eat ordinary xmas goodies.

yhs
prof (baking crazy) marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2158 on: December 24, 2016, 02:18:58 am »

Had a really productive day considering that I didn't get up until nearly 2pm.
I finished my Christmas shopping in a 2 hour spree and made 1kg of presents - 400g of roasted almonds with paprika and sea salt, 600g of candied almonds with cinnamon. Guess who had an enormous bag of almonds in the pantry, a shortage of funds and lots of people to 'buy' for?
Tomorrow is just for making hampers, wrapping presents and listening to the BBC Radio 4 Stardust.

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2159 on: December 24, 2016, 08:40:24 am »

Yes. I'm channelling Maximilian I, and unleashing my French-Mex. Started cooking for the Xmas dinner. Ribeye Roast on the bone, with Red Wine, Anise, Mushroom, and Beef Stock. The sauce was made in advance on Friday night, and today, I'll be preparing Swiss Chard Chorizo Potato and Tomato stew to serve as a side dish (Mexico City home cooking) along with meat filled corn steamed cakes ( "Tamales," a traditional Native Mexican dish),  The roast will happen on Sunday.  It will be followed by Coffee infused with Orange and Cinnamon (Cafe de Olla), and palmieres ("Orejas," fillo dough pastry biscuits) , and crepes with goat milk caramel sauce (Crepas con Cajeta).

Other side dishes will materialize, I'm sure, depending on how much help I get.

rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2160 on: December 24, 2016, 10:51:32 am »

I made Butterscotch flavored rice crispy treats, and peppermint flavored rice crispy treats. Both to be added to the batches of Pumpkin spice crispy treats, and apple spice crispy treats. Tomorrow I finish up with making cheesecake filled donut (doughnut) holes (thinking of giving a chocolate glaze with freee dried strawberry crumbs on top or butterscotch glazing).

Then the whole thing is split into 3 and 1/2 parts with the 3 going to three seperate hospital emergency rooms for the staff there on christmas eve as I head out to family for the next few days.

I'll be remaking more of each of these and my yoghurt banana bread for a gathering on new years eve.

Oh and I ha my last shift of seasonal work at the postal parcel sorting center. I'm going to miss it a bit.

Major Wolfram Quicksilver
Zeppelin Overlord

If you can't make a mistake you can't make a thing

« Reply #2161 on: December 26, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRhpOVcIfqc&feature=youtu.be

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2162 on: December 26, 2016, 07:57:31 pm »

I took on the dark art of soldering, and emerged victorious, with a minimum of bad language and no recourse to the first aid box. 

Chalking it up as a win. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2163 on: December 28, 2016, 08:35:27 am »

I am gratified to report that my special allergy free Christmas Cookies were well received . Several folks reported
thaat they had not had a yummy cookie they could eat "for ages".   Grin

yhs
prof marvel
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2164 on: December 28, 2016, 09:35:21 am »

Went to 'big' town & blued my Christmas money!
Mr. Syson
Officer

« Reply #2165 on: March 25, 2017, 06:49:23 am »

Attended a stabbing and gave cpr to the victim (he's still alive & recovering). Went to a multi story car park and watched as a colleague talked a 17 year old out of jumping. Found a person who told his wife he had taken an overdose (he hadn't). It was a fun first three hours of a ten hour shift. Undecided
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2166 on: April 15, 2017, 10:06:03 am »

I fitted some rear hoops to my car.  I've only had them sitting in the bedroom for 10 months....

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2167 on: April 16, 2017, 12:48:55 am »

Nice little red car!

Not today, it's too early!

In the last 3 days I have done so much major reorganising around the house my muscles hurt. Today's major task is to reorder the kitchen. I will have to stoke up on hot porridge for that job! Then do the washing, cat trays (they get done every day, but it will be a bit later today!) and take the rubbish and recycling bins out for pickup tomorrow morning.
Mr. Syson
Officer

« Reply #2168 on: April 28, 2017, 10:00:11 pm »

New boiler fitted. Aaaaand breath.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2169 on: April 29, 2017, 02:10:30 am »

Not yet - cold Saturday morning, so had a little lie-in, let the cats out, put food out for them, let one in and out again - the other lets himself in and out, but the new one isn't sure about cat doors!

However, I have reordered the kitchen, and the front sunroom, so am feeling virtuous enough to stop while I'm ahead!

Have been sorting out which goes with what and what is coming with me on my trip in June - computer and phone-wise, so another tick in the productivity box!

Positive procrastination can be very productive around the house, but doesn't get any Uni work done. So, head down, bum up as I have a progress report to write on Friday, and there had better be some progress in it or I will be in strife! Continuing on from that is my Uni agenda while in Ireland, so I will be very busy for the next few weeks. Five weeks today until I head off! Grin

Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2170 on: August 02, 2017, 02:09:23 pm »

Almost finished my biggest asylum commission, and dyed some fabric for myself!

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2171 on: August 02, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »

3 separate and distinct 3D print projects delivered to their new homes in the last 2 weeks - time to move away from squirting molten plastic and work with different materials for a while!

We are the BEC,
And this we must confess,
Whatever is worth doing,
We'll do it to excess!
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2172 on: August 02, 2017, 08:48:09 pm »

Installed half of a small picket fence on the top of my rear yard wall (help deter scrap thieves as it's harder to climb over and too weak to hold body weight), but rain stopped play for the day.

Spent the rest of the day constructing new waterproof CCTV night vision cameras using dummy CCTV plastic camera cases and fitting Raspberry Pi computers inside with an IR capable camera and IR flood light. Now I'm making some DIY power over Ethernet cable adapters so I only require a single wire run for data and power to the camera. And being full blown computers, they can serve additional tasks or services as well, such as outdoor WIFI signal extender or even just running additional cameras or alarm sensors.

Now to find a way to view several video streams at once....  Undecided

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2173 on: August 03, 2017, 02:57:25 am »

'Big' town yesterday, so a bit weary today - had a nice stay in bed, with cat, this morning. Up and dressed, fed, and about to go up to the post office for the mail. Then, UNI stuff 'til about 5.30, change clothes and off to the soiree next door for neighbour's 80th birthday - lovely way to finish the day!
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2174 on: August 07, 2017, 08:12:38 am »

Cat Kid Cody getting insulin shots twice daily from me.
got my wife out of hospital for back surgery 2 weeks ago.
Cat Kid Zorro stopped pooping about the same time
ran cat (Zorro) into vet hospital 1 week ago for feline equivalent of emergency appendicitis surgery.
they took out about 5 cm of small instenine and 10 cm of large intestine and the blockage and infection, and a slice of infected bladder.
built Cat Convalescent Condo on a really solid $5 thrift store dining table last friday
got Zorro out of Cat Hospital last Friday night and installed in condo

wife's double spinal fusion went great & wife doing great, already walking!
Zorro lived and doing better!
Cody doing fine.

my new schedule:

to bed ~ 3:30 am
up at 11 am
give Cody blood glucose reading, and insulin shot @ 11 am and 11 pm

Give Zorro twice daily antibiotic  11 am and 11pm
Give Zorro pain med every 8 hrs
make 40 ml special cat food pudding and feed Zorro thru throat tube 4 times daily
clean up Zorro ( he can get to the litter box but misses) ~ every 2-3 hrs. especially first thing in morning.

cook breakfast, lunch & dinner
feed self & wife
dishes & laundry
vacuum
shop for food
help wife with stuff

good news:
we are all still alive, and getting better
other good news : as we get better load will decrease back to narmalcy.

yhs
prof marvel
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:30:14 am by Prof Marvel » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: